Author Topic: Lets talk seriously about play and toys  (Read 7621 times)

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
Re: Lets talk seriously about play and toys
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 03:56:45 pm »
 That's two things I sort left out. One was the wooden box I had with a bunch of old clocks that I took apart - wind up type clocks, not electric. Still fascinated by finely crafted gear mechanisms.

And trains of course. Always been a train nut. We never had space for anything permanent, but we had a set up from Thanksgiving to after New Year. I remember once, I was about 6 or so, I got up on a Saturday morning to find my Dad had finished the loop of track, so I tried to run a train It stopped about halfway around. After much investigation I found where the missing pair of wires were, hooked it up, and had the train running when my Dad got home from work.

Offline ivaylo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Lets talk seriously about play and toys
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 05:30:40 pm »
Not entirely sure what this has to do with toys, but okay. You're sorta injecting a personal problem here.
Just in the news - https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/31/lego-life-is-a-new-social-network-where-kids-can-share-their-creations/. Lego get it... Never thought if your toy set is "social network-able" would be a consideration when buying it. If you are equipped to deal with it, ignore me. Apologies for injecting a personal problem...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf