Author Topic: Have we reached peak internet information overload when doing internet searches.  (Read 1338 times)

Offline YurkshireLad

• Frequent Contributor
Years ago i found searching for information on the internet, including youtube and so on, was not that difficult.   Some well chosen key words and you could often find what you wanted.

These days I search for something and just get bombarded with lots of useless links.  Even youtube, there seems to be more and more wanna be populist with shit channels so when you are searching for something specific, you again get bombarded with these useless crap videos.

I went back to school part time just to gain access to the university library, like books are the new black. I am done with youtube with its constipated wanna be's pointing at things and click bait titles that have nothing to do with the content. I want milk that tastes like real milk. Not people thinking for me and telling how to think.

So its back to books as a source of information and facts.

Try the extension "Click Bait Remover for YouTube". I use it in Firefox and it removes ALL video clickbait thumbnails.

Online magic

• Super Contributor
For technology related searches Google still wins hands down.

But search for any product and it will flood you with endless offers to buy it. And that's google.com in Poland, the localized google.pl domain is even worse.
Search for anything "controversial" and it will send you instead to people explaining how bad it is, or might pretend that it doesn't even exist at all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf