Author Topic: Hello Folks. I hope you love electronics as much as I do.  (Read 2878 times)

Offline AcousticBruceTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello Folks. I hope you love electronics as much as I do.
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:12:35 pm »
This forum is actually impressively active. This is wonderful. I have already written on forums and gotten amazing help. I just do not think I officially said hello.

I am 29 years old and I am in the process of figuring out if I am going to go to college to be an EE or just keep it as a hobby. I wouldn't be going to college for the money. It is just because I find this stuff so damn interesting. I am hoping that I can buy some used old analog equipment and just tweak, fix, learn, and troubleshoot it when needed and hopefully you folks can come along on the journey with me!  :-+  :-+  :-+

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hello Folks. I hope you love electronics as much as I do.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:03:23 pm »
From your name, do you do any audio work?  An excellent project to to do for audio is to make a chip amp from an hd4780 or something.  great fun  :-+
http://www.garrettbaldwin.com/

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:51:20 pm »
Well I do have a tube amp that is most likely oscillating high frequencies and cause a tube to get mad hot. So sure but I am a noob.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »
Well I do have a tube amp that is most likely oscillating high frequencies and cause a tube to get mad hot.

Complete shot in the dark, but try this.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »
I will definitely read this later tonight! Thanks a lot.

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 12:03:12 am »
Well I do have a tube amp that is most likely oscillating high frequencies and cause a tube to get mad hot. So sure but I am a noob.

Is this a design of your own or a commercial item?  If the latter, one of the first rules of servicing is to check and clean all connectors.  You'd be surprised how many faults can be attributed to the simple things.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf