Author Topic: How can I delete my account here?  (Read 23135 times)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: How can I delete my account here?
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2018, 12:06:36 am »
I'll go along with all of that - except for the defensive behaviour bit.  While it is not as bad as some I have seen, that does show through very clearly to me.

I think this discussion has devolved far enough to let it go now ....   :horse:

Offline jeffheath

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2018, 03:59:07 am »
Some people need to learn how to boycott  :P I haven't watched a single Louis Rossmann stream/video in over a year, and I never will again. How stupid would it be if I just showed up to every one of his streams like: okay I'm leaving now! This time's for real!

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2018, 05:07:28 am »
I don't think I've ever watched one either, but why would you boycott them? I don't recall hearing anything particularly bad about him or his videos.

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2018, 05:45:26 am »
How stupid would it be if I just...

Depends why you are leaving. If it's something that is potentially fixable, and having been fixed you'd stick around, it would be stupid not to bring it up - someone can't fix a problem they don't know exists. But there is no point banging on about it all the time if it doesn't go your way.

Offline jeffheath

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2018, 07:57:55 am »
I guess "boycott" was a strong word. Main point is I was kind of where OP is with Dave, but instead of doing what would have felt like arguing (but would really be nagging/bickering) It felt pretty rewarding to "boycott" him, and just look the other way.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2018, 09:03:31 am »
I don't think I've ever watched one either, but why would you boycott them? I don't recall hearing anything particularly bad about him or his videos.

Every single Youtuber will eventually do or say something that pisses someone off enough to make them never watch again.

Offline rjp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2018, 11:26:38 am »
their is a creepy thing that happens with some folks that wobbles between the highs of hero worship and the lows of demon hating.

instead of the youtube producers being regular old humans who are sometimes right, sometimes wrong and sometimes meh, they take it to strange new places.

the AvE guy appears to also get that in droves.

not to mention this field is chock full of nearly autistic, slightly lacking in social skills types (mirror mirror go away)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2018, 11:30:45 am »
the AvE guy appears to also get that in droves.

AvE, myself, Louis Rossman, Electroboom to name a few who do "controversial" type videos and/or outspoken commentary get the brunt of stuff like this. But even your most polite and well spoken Youtuber will get it too.
And again, it has to do with channel size. The more popular you get, the inevitability of the outlier audience you'll pick up.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2018, 11:58:54 am »
And again, it has to do with channel size. The more popular you get, the inevitability of the outlier audience you'll pick up.
Is this a viable alternative to SETI ?  :)

Offline Spark-Doctor

• Contributor
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »
Opinions are like Arseholes, everyone has one and everyone can use it. Just respect every ones right to use it. :)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2018, 04:26:20 pm »
With rights come responsibilities.

If someone expects me to respect their use of their arsehole, then I would expect them to be responsible in how they do that.

The following users thanked this post: rob.manderson

Online TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2018, 04:46:25 pm »
Opinions are like Arseholes, everyone has one and everyone can use it. Just respect every ones right to use it. :)

"Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they all stink" :)

AvE, myself, Louis Rossman, Electroboom to name a few who do "controversial" type videos and/or outspoken commentary get the brunt of stuff like this. But even your most polite and well spoken Youtuber will get it too.

That old bell curve, the problem is it always seems to be that minority of discontented viewers who scream loudest and also seem to completely lack the ability to hit that little 'x' in to top right corner.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:49:54 pm by TERRA Operative »
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

Offline jeffheath

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2018, 06:42:04 pm »
If by outspoken commentary you mean being "frank", than I can't say I stopped watching Rossmann for being controversial, or outspoken. I guess I made it personal (which is stupid) and maybe OP did too.

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »
lack the ability to hit that little 'x' in to top right corner

Yeah, Mac fanbois can be quite loud, but most don't seem to be discontented  :-//

The following users thanked this post: nugglix

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2018, 12:02:33 am »
I guess "boycott" was a strong word. Main point is I was kind of where OP is with Dave, but instead of doing what would have felt like arguing (but would really be nagging/bickering) It felt pretty rewarding to "boycott" him, and just look the other way.

But don't overlook that the OP was initially given short shrift and told to "bugger off". I rarely look at youtube comments and even more rarely EEVBlog YT comments so I don't know what he has previously said to deserve such a strong response. It may be quite justified.

It is quite evident from the OP here he didn't think so.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2018, 01:21:16 am »
But don't overlook that the OP was initially given short shrift and told to "bugger off".

Wrong.
You can read the full exchange for yourself, I posed it. My first reply was one of my usual trying to clarify what my video was about.
And IIRC he had been a bit of serial complainer in the comments for quite some time, much like yourself Wilfred who seem to have an unusual fascination of, let's say "taking me to task" as often as possible, to the point I've had to warn you and you subsequently apologised, but you continue to do with monotonous regularity.

The following users thanked this post: nugglix

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2018, 01:24:07 am »
If by outspoken commentary you mean being "frank", than I can't say I stopped watching Rossmann for being controversial, or outspoken. I guess I made it personal (which is stupid) and maybe OP did too.

It's always personal, it's called Youtube for a reason.
And there is nothing wrong with that, it's inevitable. Any Youtuber who gets upset at viewers taking things personally will never survive on the platform.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2018, 01:32:07 am »
And there is nothing wrong with that, it's inevitable. Any Youtuber who gets upset at viewers taking things personally will never survive on the platform.

From comments I've read on your channel and others, most of the inane comments are handled by others so you don't have to do a lot of the dirty work yourself LOL.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline rjp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2018, 03:52:20 am »
the big take away from all this is that if you are starting a new youtube electronics channel right now  "LM2776  and the TS100 , why do they suck so much" is the way to go.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2018, 04:06:20 am »
Quote from: rjp
the big take away from all this is that if you are starting a new youtube electronics channel right now  "LM2776  and the TS100 , why do they suck so much" is the way to go.
:-DD
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2018, 04:20:07 am »

Nice work.  :)

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2018, 02:34:43 pm »
Just to one up you copper oxide is nothing compared to gas diodes! There is a video some where where "glassSlinger" on youtube makes one by hand. That is truely tallent. Can you imagine in the early days drawing out a circuit and everytie you add the diode symbolyou think of the hours requird to had make all the parts! Oops got the wires backwards and let the smke out? That will be 5 hours of tedious lass blowing and vacuum pumping. I didn't know there was copper oxide. Will have to wikipedia that. Where did you get those? Do they have any use or ae they like selenium recitifiers where you simply replace them and be glad they are gone.

You know you can edit posts, post titles, and also delete accidental double posts? It often seems like you don't know this.

Yeah, time cost of parts. Any time I try to imagine what it would be like trying to rebuild a crashed tech-society, the idea of having to hand make any electronic parts needed, makes me shudder. Resistors and capacitors, oh god.

One point of order. With vacuum tubes, does the magic smoke escape? Or get let in?

Copper oxide rectifiers are definitely 'replace on sight' rubbish. Bearing in mind that the circuit might require you include a series resistor to reproduce their horrible characteristics.
I found that box among junk at the ACMS dispersal.
One of them was rusty and shorted. I disassembled. Interesting construction, I should post it.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2018, 02:40:33 pm »
Just to one up you copper oxide is nothing compared to gas diodes! There is a video some where where "glassSlinger" on youtube makes one by hand. That is truely tallent. Can you imagine in the early days drawing out a circuit and everytie you add the diode symbolyou think of the hours requird to had make all the parts! Oops got the wires backwards and let the smke out? That will be 5 hours of tedious lass blowing and vacuum pumping. I didn't know there was copper oxide. Will have to wikipedia that. Where did you get those? Do they have any use or ae they like selenium recitifiers where you simply replace them and be glad they are gone.

You know you can edit posts, post titles, and also delete accidental double posts? It often seems like you don't know this.

Yeah, time cost of parts. Any time I try to imagine what it would be like trying to rebuild a crashed tech-society, the idea of having to hand make any electronic parts needed, makes me shudder. Resistors and capacitors, oh god.

One point of order. With vacuum tubes, does the magic smoke escape? Or get let in?

Copper oxide rectifiers are definitely 'replace on sight' rubbish. Bearing in mind that the circuit might require you include a series resistor to reproduce their horrible characteristics.
I found that box among junk at the ACMS dispersal.
One of them was rusty and shorted. I disassembled. Interesting construction, I should post it.

I'm having real bad vision problems right now especially with sites that are black text on white. Inverting my screen works but no good for watching videos or seeing pictures. I see the eye doctor soon, I hope.

I was actually searching for a picture of what they look like taken apart this morning and also whats inside a huge pancake thyristor; a flat plate or metal rod to take current? Please post!!!!

And to the other person who said I should make another thread about my germanium rant:  It wasn't a rant I was pointing out the absurdity of getting upset at something so specific, trivial, and inconsequential. If that upsets you what happens when you are faced with a real problem?  #IHEARTGERMANIUMDIODES
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2018, 03:50:44 pm »
Beamin you have no idea what you are talking about. Germanium diodes are used in RF for their low drop voltage where each fraction of a V counts.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: 3db

Offline gildasd

• Frequent Contributor
  • Engineering watch officer - Apprentice Officer
    • Sci-fi Meanderings
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2018, 05:55:57 pm »
In totally unrelated yet pertinent things in my life I have been running with my 1year old in his buggy.
I get a child like thrill catching and dropping other runners...

In my blood deprived brain this has evolved from

Buggy-ed
Buggied
Buggired
Buggered
To finally bugged-off.

Anyway the kid loves it and screams like a loon when we catch someone, adding insult to injury.
I'm electronically illiterate

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf