Author Topic: How can I delete my account here?  (Read 23148 times)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: How can I delete my account here?
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2018, 12:36:23 am »
And he's back again posting like nothing happened  ;D

Offline bloguetronicaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2018, 12:55:37 am »
And he's back again posting like nothing happened  ;D
Dave,

I let it sit for a few days. And also reconsidered my stance because one forum user asked to, via PM which incidentally gone to my e-mail, and also because other users suggested that there was no reason to delete my account here. I was not to be ever back out of pride, but I decided to ignore certain opposing voices, after considering some requests in my favor.

Anyway, this topic should have died by now, but I'm amazed how it grew, despite my absence. I do not wish to delve into it, and didn't read all the posts.

In this forum, I'll limit myself to help other users, post some of my projects for whom might concern, express one opinion or another, and that is it. I don't wan't to pass as a troll of some sort.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2018, 02:54:35 am »
In this forum, I'll limit myself to help other users, post some of my projects for whom might concern, express one opinion or another, and that is it. I don't wan't to pass as a troll of some sort.

Well what alerted me to your presence back here was a report from a user about your political post on an EU related which I had to delete to tidy up the thread, so you aren't off to a good start...

Offline jeffheath

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2018, 04:45:05 am »

Well what alerted me to your presence back here was a report from a user about your political post on an EU related which I had to delete to tidy up the thread, so you aren't off to a good start...
Oh crap, I hope he doesn't feel targeted now (as in, more "eyes" on him; more likely to get reported)

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2018, 05:05:07 am »

Sorry for that Dave. Gone off-topic there.

Oh crap, I hope he doesn't feel targeted now (as in, more "eyes" on him; more likely to get reported)
Actually, no. I don't feel targeted. If I had reasons to feel targeted, I wouldn't have made the decision to go back.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:09:14 am by bloguetronica »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2018, 12:51:19 pm »
After a period of clam reflection things can look much different. Good on you for staying.

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, Brumby, bloguetronica, Beamin

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2018, 09:14:10 am »
Beamin you have no idea what you are talking about. Germanium diodes are used in RF for their low drop voltage where each fraction of a V counts.

It was a joke. Electronic parts don't elicit an emotional response from me. I was pointing out the absurdity of the original poster for taking things too seriously. I was trying to sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Next I will put:

<SARCASM=START>  <SARCASM=END> tags around the post
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2018, 04:48:51 pm »
HI,

In my defense, it was not the fact that the part being targeted elicited a response from me. I'm not a part fanboy, and although I usually use TI parts in my projects, I recognize that TI does crap from time to time.

My original rant was about the perceived exaggeration, seen frequently in some of his videos. For example, Dave using the expression "can ruin your day" instead of something more closer to the facts. I was expecting to see him testing the part to see what was being ruined, but noise in the order of a few mV after regulation is not an issue. As I said, there are charge pumps that show a permanent 200mV or even 300mV ripple under all load conditions. But if that is an issue, low pass filtering works very well. I'm talking from experience.

Regarding my experience with the chip, I had some noise on my function generator, but it is not a big deal. Didn't ruined my day at all. Unfortunately, this fact didn't had any weight here.

As for the accusations of being in the extreme of some bell curve, being a troll, making snarky comments (only recall two three occasions among perhaps a total of 20 comments where my views could be perceived as snarky - but subjectivity is a factor here), not to mention some stronger ones from other members, I didn't deserved that. However, I won't further comment on this, as well as on Dave's videos.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:53:29 pm by bloguetronica »

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2018, 05:42:56 pm »
For example, Dave using the expression "can ruin your day" instead of something more closer to the facts.

That's a figure of speech: "a word or phrase used in a non-literal sense for rhetorical or vivid effect." Courtesy Google Inc.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2018, 05:46:25 pm »
C'mon FFS, swallow it and stand like a man, and silently walk away.

Since you are who started this, I believe you have the right to ask the mod to lock this thread and let it sink, and again just let go.

... unless you're not mature enough to understand what I mean.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »
For example, Dave using the expression "can ruin your day" instead of something more closer to the facts.

It's just an expression, a figure of speech -

A figure of speech or rhetorical figure[1] is figurative language in the form of a single word or phrase. It can be a special repetition, arrangement or omission of words with literal meaning, or a phrase with a specialized meaning not based on the literal meaning of the words

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_speech

Dude just chill out and go on about your business.  8)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2018, 06:20:15 am »
I will add a final comment about some of the language that Dave uses.  The two examples that come to mind are the "bugger off" comment and this:

"Bugger off" can have more than one interpretation - but one of the most common is where the message is along the lines of "stop talking about this" - and, perhaps "leave the room".  It is rarely (but can be) a reference to exile.

"Ruin your day" is an expression where you might be feeling really good about a project getting close to completion.  You've set expectations for your management and your customer - and then discover a fundamental problem that going to really cause unhappiness with them.  Your day of feeling close to accomplishment changes very quickly ... and so what was going to be a wonderful day - is now "ruined".

These are two examples of where not being familiar with the cultural background of the author - even if you have a competent grasp of the language (not being a native speaker) - some expressions will not lend themselves to accurate interpretation.  This is certainly what has happened here.

So the OP had a brain fart.  It's not as if it was something we each haven't done at some point in our life.

We've all had something to say about it and he spent some time cooling off.  Now he's come back and is constructively re-engaging in the forum, so I think it's about time this thread was forgotten about.

Everybody ... let's just move on.

The following users thanked this post: ttelectronic

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:49 am »
I will add a final comment about some of the language that Dave uses.  The two examples that come to mind are the "bugger off" comment and this:

"Bugger off" can have more than one interpretation - but one of the most common is where the message is along the lines of "stop talking about this" - and, perhaps "leave the room".  It is rarely (but can be) a reference to exile.

"Ruin your day" is an expression where you might be feeling really good about a project getting close to completion.  You've set expectations for your management and your customer - and then discover a fundamental problem that going to really cause unhappiness with them.  Your day of feeling close to accomplishment changes very quickly ... and so what was going to be a wonderful day - is now "ruined".

These are two examples of where not being familiar with the cultural background of the author - even if you have a competent grasp of the language (not being a native speaker) - some expressions will not lend themselves to accurate interpretation.  This is certainly what has happened here.

So the OP had a brain fart.  It's not as if it was something we each haven't done at some point in our life.

We've all had something to say about it and he spent some time cooling off.  Now he's come back and is constructively re-engaging in the forum, so I think it's about time this thread was forgotten about.

Everybody ... let's just move on.

If the bugger off was so mildly intended why then was it retracted so quickly? You (and I) might want this thread to die but you can't go around rewriting history. And just what was this brain fart the OP had? As far as I can see he had a genuine reason to feel hard done by. I've certainly never seen a good explanation of just what this egregious criticism was that shows he got what he deserved.

As far as I am concerned he always constructively engaged the forum. Any suggestion otherwise is unwarranted.

If there was any cooling off needed it wasn't from the OP.

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2018, 07:20:32 am »

That works both ways, doesn't it? Perhaps the native English-speakers haven't quite grasped the translated culture of the OP in a similar way, and jumped to the same position that they accuse him of doing.

And whilst I'm here...
C'mon FFS, swallow it and stand like a man, and silently walk away.

Poorly phrased, but probably the best  thing to do. Except..

... unless you're not mature enough to understand what I mean.

A good clear example of being mature. Not.

FWIW, I think we are in the realms of nitpicking the letters of words now. As usual, there is the faint whiff of mob bandwagoning and nothing the OP can say will clear this up - someone will always find something to allow another go at him.

Anything of significance has been said and pondered, and what's left won't be constructive, so I would second the call for a mod to lock this thread.

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2018, 08:35:04 am »
HI,

In my defense, it was not the fact that the part being targeted elicited a response from me. I'm not a part fanboy, and although I usually use TI parts in my projects, I recognize that TI does crap from time to time.

My original rant was about the perceived exaggeration, seen frequently in some of his videos. For example, Dave using the expression "can ruin your day" instead of something more closer to the facts. I was expecting to see him testing the part to see what was being ruined, but noise in the order of a few mV after regulation is not an issue. As I said, there are charge pumps that show a permanent 200mV or even 300mV ripple under all load conditions. But if that is an issue, low pass filtering works very well. I'm talking from experience.

Regarding my experience with the chip, I had some noise on my function generator, but it is not a big deal. Didn't ruined my day at all. Unfortunately, this fact didn't had any weight here.

As for the accusations of being in the extreme of some bell curve, being a troll, making snarky comments (only recall two three occasions among perhaps a total of 20 comments where my views could be perceived as snarky - but subjectivity is a factor here), not to mention some stronger ones from other members, I didn't deserved that. However, I won't further comment on this, as well as on Dave's videos.

But that's the thing. It seemed like it literally ruined your day or at least a full days worth of time hence all the time spent on just this thread. Obviously if someone says "ruin your day" that's hyperbole or an exaggeration. I realize some people on tech forums have Asperger's or are "on the spectrum" I myself have had people tell me this who didn't know me or my style of humor. But at the same time normal people don't understand people on the spectrum, just like those who are on it don't understand normal people. Again taking things way too seriously. If you don't know what Asperger's is you will think "wow this guy's a total asshole" and they are kind of right. It's like saying "My boss is going to kill me if I don't finish this project!" we don't call the police on them. My point is: if people took things a little less seriously and literally half of the problems wouldn't even exist because there only problem was the ones we created by misinterpreting things, then doubling down and going into attack/defense made. I'm just as guilty on this board of doing this once: someone one made a comment that I thought was transphobic. It was a similar comment to ones that probably related to a young persons suicide. But I draw the line over getting upset about charge pumps and those damn germanium diodes, honestly what's wrong with having a bit of extra voltage drop say 0.6 instead of 0.2? Is it that hard to just re-bias or up the input voltage? F*cking germanium diodes always ruining peoples days...so many lost days...

<SARCASM=END>
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2018, 08:40:08 am »
Why am I not surprised.

From Dave's number 1 fan:
If the bugger off was so mildly intended why then was it retracted so quickly? You (and I) might want this thread to die but you can't go around rewriting history. And just what was this brain fart the OP had? As far as I can see he had a genuine reason to feel hard done by. I've certainly never seen a good explanation of just what this egregious criticism was that shows he got what he deserved.

As far as I am concerned he always constructively engaged the forum. Any suggestion otherwise is unwarranted.

If there was any cooling off needed it wasn't from the OP.

* Sigh *

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2018, 09:43:37 am »
Why am I not surprised.

Probably because we've been here before. Do you never stop to think that your unwavering defence of Dave has the major downside of making it look to everyone that you think Dave is incapable of defending himself and his actions?

Do you ever stop and think Dave needs my help like he needs a hole in the head?

Rather than roll your eyes and sigh you should reflect on just what happened. Blind Freddy can see it, I can see it and every forum member reading this saga can see it. You are completely delusional if you think a strategy of denial and obfuscation is going to conceal it.

Trust me. You are not helping. What you don't want to do is ask me to spell it out for you just why you are not helping.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2018, 11:07:18 am »
I know precisely what I am doing - and how it may be perceived.

I can also see exactly what you are doing - and so can everyone else with an objective eye.

The following users thanked this post: digsys

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2018, 12:49:22 pm »
Why am I not surprised.

Probably because we've been here before. Do you never stop to think that your unwavering defence of Dave has the major downside of making it look to everyone that you think Dave is incapable of defending himself and his actions?

Do you ever stop and think Dave needs my help like he needs a hole in the head?

Rather than roll your eyes and sigh you should reflect on just what happened. Blind Freddy can see it, I can see it and every forum member reading this saga can see it. You are completely delusional if you think a strategy of denial and obfuscation is going to conceal it.

Trust me. You are not helping. What you don't want to do is ask me to spell it out for you just why you are not helping.

Dave makes the rules here. If you don't like how he runs this place, then please leave. Complaining about it will not achieve anything. You've tried to take it up with him and it's not resulted in the outcome you desire, so you need to either accept it or leave. You don't have to post here or watch any of the videos, if it upsets you so much. There are plenty of other bloggers and forums about electronics and engineering on the Internet.
HI,

Why can't you simply let this thread fall into history? If you hadn't bumped it, then people would be starting to forget about this saga and move on, but you reignited it.

Why do you feel the need to defend yourself? There's no need to be defensive. Those who've labelled you a troll will no doubt forget about it in a few weeks time if you don't resurrect it.

This has obviously been on your mind for the last coupled of days, so is probably why you felt compelled to bump this. You really need to work out another way of dealing with this. Perhaps things need to be put into perspective. This is the Internet. It shouldn't be an important part of your life. If it is, then you need to look for other things to occupy yourself. Perhaps taking a break from posting anywhere on the Internet is in order? When someone posts something online to upset you, keep telling yourself this "It's the Internet, no one cares, so I don't care!"

Offline taydin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2018, 12:55:43 pm »

If your comment on YT would have been constructive, or worded in a positive way, things would have been very different and everybody would have just been on their merry way. But your comment was oozing negativity and subtle attacks, which was the REAL reason all of this non-sense happened. Please realize this and move on!

This is also a good life lesson. Being constructive and positive towards others is a much better strategy to get results.
Real programmers use machine code!

My hobby projects http://mekatronik.org/forum

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2018, 01:23:49 pm »
My original rant was about the perceived exaggeration, seen frequently in some of his videos. For example, Dave using the expression "can ruin your day" instead of something more closer to the facts.

Wow, you want to rehash this again? Really?

I was expecting to see him testing the part to see what was being ruined, but noise in the order of a few mV after regulation is not an issue.

Watch the damn video and comprehend what I was saying.
If you design for and test your circuit for a certain noise level, that noise can increase up to 500% just by variations in temperature and/or small load changes if you happen to be right on the limit.
That could potentially "ruin your day".
Now give it a rest.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2018, 01:29:45 pm »
Why am I not surprised.

Do you ever stop to think that your unwavering subtle attacks on me at every available opportunity over many years and several warnings won't eventually get you banned?

Online mzzj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2018, 01:58:56 pm »
I think Dave should tune his vocabulary more to AvE -'ishque, just to bugger of these nitpicks   >:D

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2018, 01:35:22 am »
Why am I not surprised.

Do you ever stop to think that your unwavering subtle attacks on me at every available opportunity over many years and several warnings won't eventually get you banned?

Yes, I do stop to think that you may ban me at any time. You have a solid history of silencing your critics through banning or by attacking them for daring to criticise you.

My interest in this thread was to defend the OP against what I saw as an unreasonably strong response to some fairly mild criticism. I don't like the way you use your power in this forum to attack your critics and that you don't stand firm against those forum members who join in and attack them by calling them trolls, haters, nutjobs and so on. Threatening to ban me is just another means of intimidation you are openly prepared to use to silence me.

Make no mistake, this is the internet, if I was so wrong in what I say there would be no shortage of people willing to say so. But even forum members who have been members for only a few months prefix there critical posts with statements like "I'll probably get shot down for this" and they go to obvious lengths to sugar coat it. 

As I said a month or so ago I think you have drifted beyond salvation and I no longer have a heart big enough, an arm strong enough or a rope long enough to throw out to save you from yourself.

There is absolutely no point in attacking me for criticising you. What you need to do is to put your efforts into making consistently high quality videos for the community here. This is not a community of stupid people they see what is going on as well as I do.

You fail to see the upside of my criticism. You get to suppress criticism from others by allowing them to watch how I get treated. The smart ones amongst them realise the pointlessness of it.

Whilst I still don't want to be banned I am not going to be intimidated by the threat of it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf