Author Topic: How do we define Art. Arduino? Dark Analog? or Simply... a Song...  (Read 11924 times)

Online MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Heads up kids this is what we call "Art" not that hip hop sheet junk...

a good song is everlasting. this is somekind of old cowboy music but the voice is very soothing very solid, and very "harmonics" even though i dont understand a thing. found this singer while googling the pantsula thing, i ended up downloading her whole musics tonight nvm ee i'll continue tomorrow. checking her background i believe she developed natural sense of what a music art is back in the house in the farm. i believe she deserves better, i think if she sings english language her name will be listed in our country already.

we have this tv series "fantasia academy" a while back then. where noob singers compete and composers music experts will give comments from every aspects, thats where i learnt a little bit on how to compose or tune your voice or voice art itself, its not just simply singing a song, banging your head and be happy, there's an art behind it. experts can differentiate between good voice and bad one, they are all the same to me tho before realizing the "art" even now.

also kudos to sound engineers that make it possible. so kids... how do you define art in electronics? Arduino?  ::)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline ftransform

• Frequent Contributor
Re: How do we define Art. Arduino? Dark Analog? or Simply... a Song...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »

thats real art

Offline ftransform

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:28:56 pm »
thats real art
lol i didnt realize it actually exists. but thats not the worst thing i've heard. disorganized lyric and melody that i cannot correlate, i wonder how it got sales, some people really have very different taste about art. celine dion and peter cetera are another person with very solid voice.

I worked hard to find such trash  :-+

HLA-27b

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:32:20 am »
As of art, and not necessarily a song near and dear to my heart it has got to be this.
Watching in HD very highly recommended

edit:typo

Offline cwalex

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:20:31 pm »
I like this one:

Offline cwalex

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:37:46 am »
Listen to your heart- roxette
That will last forever
Or until we decend into idiocracy
roxette - "wish i could fly" still pounding my heart until now. "spending my time" is in brazil now (by Paula Fernandes herself in the OP) :-+

Beautiful song and lovely voice. I wish I understook tje language :(

did you listen to mine? I love the lyrics, it's a relatively low budget and chance waters is an aussie that hasn't really made the mainstream yet. He is only played on JJJ which is the ABC radio station, mostly aussie music with a little other stuff thrown in but they don't really play main stream stuff.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:41:23 am by cwalex »

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:06:00 am »
What time is it?

Welcome morning

I so alone

And the sky so blue

In my coffee

On my radio and my TV

Where are you

To begin

Taking me out of bed

And I'm wearing me

So it is with

Thank God

You can not see me

Crying for you

A day without you

It's an eternity

It's goodbye

What hurts two

Just wait

Loneliness

One day without you

I seek your voice

And the phone takes me

The gray door

In your voice

Help me

I do not know how to spend

A day without you

A day without you

It's an eternity

It's goodbye

What hurts two

Just wait

Loneliness

A day without you

A day without you

It's an eternity

It's goodbye

What two by two

It's a pity

A day without you

I have no friends or something else to do

Just think highly of you ... Oh ..

I refuse to be your love

In exchange for a day without you

A day without you

It's an eternity

It's goodbye

What hurts two

Just wait

Loneliness

A day without you

A day without you

It's an eternity

It's goodbye

What hurts two

It's a pity

A day without you.

Bad Google translate from Portugese...........

Offline cwalex

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 03:39:29 pm »
Beautiful song and lovely voice. I wish I understook tje language :(
i also dont understand a thing but the melody is very familiar. so i googled i thougt it was "listen to my heart"

did you listen to mine? I love the lyrics, it's a relatively low budget and chance waters is an aussie that hasn't really made the mainstream yet.
i'm no expert but let me put my composer/director hat on O0 ... photography effect and lighting 60%, composition 75%. vocal 60% music 75% theme concept nil (not sure since usually i enjoy the music without understanding the meaning) composer hat off. there are many other aspects to be judged but it will be too long 8) to summarize all in all they can still be improved. they tried to present their photography concept to me thats a bad idea i think 8) but i can say its "good enough". vocal art also not so much maybe due to they still need training or this type of hiphop+rnb genre doesnt require vocal art much. imagine a person yells with up and down tones, breath and pitch control etc thats what i was talking about. but, their day will come hopefully if they work hard enough ;) the clip sometime looks funny though (the dancers) but that just my 2cnts composer opinion. :P

SeanB you got less sleep lately? :D

Thanks for watching and giving your opinion :)

Here is another from the same guy (P.S. I'm not a hiphop fan but I really like this guys music and how well he is done from recording in a garage. He is becoming bigger here. I voted him in the triple J top 100 album they release each year. It't a pretty popular album :)

Again I love the lyrics in this one.

Offline TMM

• Frequent Contributor

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 04:10:13 am »
i think if she sings english language her name will be listed in our country already.
I think that happens everywhere in the world - i.e., it is either in English or is never worldwide mainstream. Of course, there are exceptions such as "Gangnam Style" or "Macarena", but they have a dance associated with the song, therefore maybe that is where their widespread popularity comes from. BTW, thanks for sharing this beautiful song!

Bad Google translate from Portugese...........
Sean, in the second video she is singing in Spanish - maybe that is why the translator did a horrible job... :)
For the first song, I found the page below has a decent translation:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/nao-precisa-part-victor-amp-leo-you-dont-need-it.html

did you listen to mine? I love the lyrics, it's a relatively low budget and chance waters is an aussie that hasn't really made the mainstream yet. He is only played on JJJ which is the ABC radio station, mostly aussie music with a little other stuff thrown in but they don't really play main stream stuff.
Interesting songs, cwalex, especially the lyrics. Internet is really a democratic thing; you can find anything irrespectully of what a music label wants to promote - of course there is a lot of trash out there, but still...
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline cwalex

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 04:29:26 am »
yeah, the lyrics are interesting! I found it hard to get past the hiphop style because I just don't like hip hop but I'm starting to change like some hiphop stuff since listening to chance waters. (I got a signed album from him :)) and he will be having lunch with my bro when he comes to perth, I think I will try to gate crash the lunch date LOL

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
This thread is pretty dead, but I really like it.  So I'm going to revive it  :-+

I don't think that she should sing in english.  It would make her music more inclusive.  But she may get ruined like enrique iglesias.  IMHO
http://www.garrettbaldwin.com/

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Offline FenderBender

• Super Contributor
    • The Solid State Workshop
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 12:01:35 am »

thats real art

:palm: :palm:

In response to hard in the paint...

To be honest, hip hop is very energetic. I like it. I'm also a "youngster" so maybe ye more matured folk don't like it as much, but if you look past the real trashy rap, there's actually some meaningful stuff.

Warning, explicit material ensues...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:03:48 am by FenderBender »

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 12:34:17 am »
You also live in jersey...  So keep your hip hop to yourself you italian orange nympho slu^t %-B

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Offline FenderBender

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 12:36:41 am »
Ah there's too many rather skewed views of New Jersey...I guess I'm no help, but really, it's quite a bit different than is portrayed...as are many things. Just we get a bad rap for some idiots on TV or something.

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 12:39:00 am »
Yeah, I know that you guys are all right.  I had met someone at boy scout national jamboree that was from Jersey.  Good man  :-+

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:57 am »
Some philistines would call this kitsch, but I think it's very tastefully done.

http://www.zazzle.com.au/sore_thumb_pin_up_poster-228035054852606108
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Spikee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:57:05 pm »
This?

Freelance electronics design service, Small batch assembly, Firmware / WEB / APP development. In Shenzhen China

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:06 am »
Macklemore lives in my city!  I should see a performance sometime.  I'm also subscribed to your youtube.  You have good stuff spike  :-+

Offline IvoS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 12:56:02 am »
got melody?

Offline IvoS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 01:13:35 am »
As of art, and not necessarily a song near and dear to my heart it has got to be this.
Watching in HD very highly recommended

edit:typo
Do you like laser shows? Watch in HD.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 01:38:35 am »
uurgghhh art-niggo-ino style music all those made me dizzy, added to my lack of sleep since last night, i think i'm going to bed this morning now.

more civilized one if you prefer niggo stylo...

this is the older one but i cant see the vids from here

someone is going to re-title this 'slip-pa-titty-hitchy kiwi-kiki'
http://www.zazzle.com.au/cowgirl_hitch_a_ride_pin_up_poster-228374170815780116

Zzzzz.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline FenderBender

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 01:42:13 am »
Might I ask what niggo-ino music is?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 01:59:06 am »
to my definition... when you "talk" (with hand sign language) while the music is on, and you dont follow the pitching, the tuning, the melody etc. pretty much you can pick any random melody, and then talk nonsensically and pointing fingers in any directions, and walla! you got niggo-stylo music, nothing particular about any geographic or ethnic entity, live nor dead.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:01:49 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 02:30:44 am »
this is the older one but i cant see the vids from here
Since this is a forum about electronics (and everything related), I am going to mildly steer the discussion away and say that at 3:04 there is an absolute wonderful classic piece of gear: a Roland D-50...  :-+
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:21:39 am by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf