Author Topic: How fast is china EMS shipping?  (Read 3601 times)

Offline sony mavica

• Frequent Contributor
How fast is china EMS shipping?
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »
so i bought a item ebay for like $25 - $34 cheaper then other sellers where selling the same item as this seller had them on sale for 3days :)

i bought it on the 26th and it was sent on the 27th   and left china on 28th and  it was shipped via EMS and ive never had anything shipped via EMS before

just wanted to know how long it would take to arrive
MORE POWER!

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
Re: How fast is china EMS shipping?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:20:20 pm »
From China to Greece via EMS 14 days total time, from the day they packaged and made ready for shipment till the day i received the package....

China to Greece in terms of travel time was only 4 days... 6 if you count the time from packing to actual shipping the package... the other 8 days were within Greece, unloading the cargo plane, getting the package through customs transit from city to city etc....

From China to NZ i guess you could get it within a week easily...

EMS is a courier or express service from international postal union and it works really well.

Go to http://www.elta.gr/en-us/personal/tracktrace.aspx and enter tracking No EA324162465CN to see the timeline
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:33:03 pm by soubitos »

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica

Offline sony mavica

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:21:47 pm »
thanks
MORE POWER!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:34:02 pm »
Depending from where in China it sometimes only takes a few days, the best I've had is four.
But as a general rule allow 14 days and usually things get to NZ within ten days.
I'm rural so take off another day if you're urban.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline sony mavica

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 06:40:29 am »
Depending from where in China it sometimes only takes a few days, the best I've had is four.
But as a general rule allow 14 days and usually things get to NZ within ten days.

thanks
MORE POWER!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 06:59:40 am »

thanks
Remember we've had a few stat hols so that's sure to add a day or two for this time of year.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 07:00:14 am »
Usually 4-6 business days, but there's no guarantee. Can be weeks or months if left unnoticed in either China or destination customs by postal workers.
If you need things to come quick, choose domestic carrier to ship to Shanghai/Shenzhen/HK, then ship with DHL.
I've never used Shanghai DHL, but Shenzhen DHL and HK DHL usually deliver in 3 days to US, door to door, plus 1~2 days for domestic SF Express.
Both of them operate their own aircrafts (as well as using cargo on passenger jets), so there are much more guarantee than those cheaper operators bidding for extra cargo space on passenger jets.
DHL has its own clearance capability and at least in US, doesn't charge much for clearance service. Usually customs will not bother with anything less than a few hundred bucks, but for high value items, you will get a little clearance fee bill, usually ~$100.
SF Express also do international business, and here in the US, they partner with UPS to provide delivery.

Everyone else, I mean everyone else, has better customs clearing capability in terms of hassle and timeliness, than postal system, so if you need guaranteed delivery time, don't use EMS.

Offline TAMHAN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 12:36:51 pm »
I shipped a few items from Slovakia to Neujork, VSA for Raper. The Turnaround time was like one week or so, take or give a day.

My experience was that EMS shit gets treated really well by the post office. After all, it is their only way to fight off DHL et al.

Tam
Feel like some additional tamile wisdom? Visit my YouTube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTamhan for 10min tid-bits!

Offline HKJ

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 05:48:52 pm »
My experience is that the international part goes fast, but the local part is slow. When our post sees that it is a private address and not a company, I believe they throw it into the basket with regular mail that has slow customs processing and delivery.
I prefer DHL shipping, it is usual 3 days from China and I can go to a local pickup point and collect it (I could also get it to my address, but that is not practical). I get a fair amount of parcels that way due to my writings.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf