Author Topic: How the ferk - dishwasher  (Read 875 times)

Offline lezginka_kabardinkaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
How the ferk - dishwasher
« on: December 06, 2023, 01:01:01 am »
How the FERK does one, an ENGINEER who is OBSERVANT and excels in pattern-recognition and systems, explain to older parent (70s) WHEN THEY ASKED, that "This is the optimal dishwashing program - don't use the shorter one with a lower temp, IT DOES NOT CLEAN well, and also ADD THE EXTRA DRYING add-on, ALWAYS"

?

Parent is ALWAYS "right", insists that the other cycle "saves money" (but not my EARS from nagging, and not my TIME from having to load it ALL OVER AGAIN, because their insistence means the dishes DID NOT WASH OR DRY PROPERLY!)

So, to save two PENCE, and have the son find the stuff AIN'T CLEANED, waste their time AND more water AND electricity AND time, or accept that, ya know, THEY ARE AN ENGINEER AND YOU ARE NOT? Irony is, when you have to run it again, the TWO FRIGGIN PENCE ain't refundable AND you have to cost yourself MORE by running the cycle recommended.

Brand new Whirlpool D/washer... irony is them trying to save 2p, vs me wasting half an hour in a cramped kitchen, emptying it and having to HAND DRY IT ALL because of the "must save TWO PENCE!"

I give up with people.

Slight rant, I feel a bit better, knowing you educated folk will have sensible feedback  ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 01:08:23 am by lezginka_kabardinka »

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: How the ferk - dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 01:09:44 am »
How the FERK does one, an ENGINEER who is OBSERVANT and excels in pattern-recognition and systems, explain to older parent (70s) WHEN THEY ASKED ____________ .

Fill in the blank with most anything.

Sounds like my neighbor when he asks me over to help with a PC issue.

But the answer is - you can't. At least I haven't found a way around it.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: lezginka_kabardinka

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 01:16:39 am »
Move out? :-+

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 01:20:58 am »
wipe the back off the dishwasher and reconfigure it so whatever program is  selected it alway does the long cycle with extra drying

The following users thanked this post: MK14, lezginka_kabardinka

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 01:23:52 am »
wipe the back off the dishwasher and reconfigure it so whatever program is  selected it alway does the long cycle with extra drying

That's actually my way of working. Were it not under warranty I may have done that. I've done things like this to eliminate aggro, many times, and not ONCE has anyone noticed, and NOT ONCE did the planet implode and all life cease to exist.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 09:52:55 pm »
Put a piece of wood with holes over the buttons so they can only choose the thourough program. I have similar discussions with my wife. She insists on using the eco program and then complains about the the dishes not being clean enough
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: tooki, MK14

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 10:48:46 pm »
My wife has found the perfect solution!  She washes the dishes by hand, TWICE, then puts them in the dishwasher.  The dishwasher produces PERFECTLY clean dishes!  AMAZING!  The wonders of modern, work saving appliances!
Jon

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 12:01:30 am »
You see mum the reason older machines lasted so long was the cycle length. A longer cycle cleans not only the dishes but the inside of the machine itself. The full dry cycle also helps by preventing mildew which causes leaks. It's like changing the oil in a car better the oil than a new engine.

lie with love in your heart

The following users thanked this post: tooki

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 08:59:58 pm »
My wife has found the perfect solution!  She washes the dishes by hand, TWICE, then puts them in the dishwasher.  The dishwasher produces PERFECTLY clean dishes!  AMAZING!  The wonders of modern, work saving appliances!
Jon

Sitting here chuckling hard 😂

Offline Neutrion

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 09:11:09 pm »
Jon

Sitting here chuckling hard 😂
Yes, I have also seen such things a few times...  |O
In our dishwasher the user manual explicitly warns to not to rinse the dishes before putting them in. But they don't have a chance to interfere with this new international belief, the rinseism.

Legzinka: How much is 1 kW/h in Russia? I would have thought, that electricity is so cheap there that you don't have to worry about the consumption.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf