Author Topic: How to choose between blogs?  (Read 3389 times)

Offline hannobisschoffTopic starter

• Contributor
  • I get high on solder fumes.
How to choose between blogs?
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:30:22 am »
Hi, as you all can see by the number of posts I have, I'm still a new member.
My question is, is it necessary to stay true to one blog if you want yourself to become a strong member of that forum or community.
How many of the people here at the EEVBLOG forum belong to other forums, and post there often?

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
Re: How to choose between blogs?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:19:06 am »
Well,I am a member of QRZ.com as well.
Although the members of that forum have Amateur Radio as their hobby,many are not "amateur" in their approach to Electronics.
For instance,W8JI is a fount of knowledge on Antenna theory,as well as a lot of other stuff.
I see no reason why you cannot be a member in good stead of several forums.

VK6ZGO

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:11:30 pm »
Hi, as you all can see by the number of posts I have...
imho your number of post is irrelevant, and should be banished :P i have few photography forum, but the one i used to post, i cannot expect i can benefit anything from there, one part is i expect good knowledge sharing, but it turned out everybody want to keep their weapon secret and the forum is kind of show off exhibition place, so i kind of being "put off". i registered a boat forum recently, but only to gain knowledge from hands on about boating. until i'm making my own boat, maybe i'll be permanently away for now. eevblog? i dont know, i kind of stick to it, maybe a year now already. but sad and happy will take turn in time. just like everything else, i have a bad day, and sometime a good day. about choosing which blog? maybe my answer is in yourself, what your interest and trueself is, thats where you'll be sticking around most, you not pick it, but it will happen naturally. its the strong bonding between you and people with the same interest and the blog that'll keep you stay.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:17:35 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:51:41 pm »
WOW Mechatrometer, that's a deep response. I think I'll just keep doing what I've been doing up until now. Hang around between different blogs, but within the same "electronic" atmosphere.

Offline Joshua

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 05:07:24 am »
Aha! So you have been cheating on the eevblog! :o      ;)

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:40:43 am »
its not like a wife! even with women, you can still cheat :P
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 05:56:45 am »
different forums have different "slants" and you find different people in them some experts in particular fields. I just tend to stick to this forum and left another forum as I no longer licked it but preferred this one and did try a few others but they didn't "grab me". Your free to be a member of as many as you like. often you find forums dealing in different aspects and subjects that overlap more or less

Offline baljemmett

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 10:09:23 am »
I just tend to stick to this forum and left another forum as I no longer licked it
Suddenly I feel...  dirty.  ;)

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:28:42 am »
different forums have different "slants" and you find different people in them some experts in particular fields. I just tend to stick to this forum and left another forum as I no longer licked it but preferred this one and did try a few others but they didn't "grab me". Your free to be a member of as many as you like. often you find forums dealing in different aspects and subjects that overlap more or less

How true. At the moment, the eevblog feels like the most welcoming forum. But still I tend to hang out at the other forums.
Why? I don't know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf