Author Topic: Humble bundle have Vegas Pro 15 edit for USD$25  (Read 2276 times)

Offline v81Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Humble bundle have Vegas Pro 15 edit for USD$25
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:56:09 pm »
A while ago version 14 of Vegas was available for around USD$20.

Today they are doing v15 !

Plenty were interested last time, i guess several would like a cheap upgrade.

Check it out here

::edit::
Some were unfamiliar with who Humble Bundle are and though them to be one of those dodgy cheap key sites.
Rest assured not the case, it's a very popular site that works directly with developers/publishers for special deals, and they chip in a bit toward charity at the same time.
These guys are very legit, and even quite popular for the value you can get through them from time to time.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:58:53 pm by v81 »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Humble bundle have Vegas Pro 15 edit for USD$25
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »
16 is the latest version though.

Offline v81Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:27 pm »
Yeah 16 is the latest, but for USD$299 it's a push for those of us with shallow pockets and/or minimal requirements.
$25 is hard to beat!
The deal for 14 was popular months ago, so i suspect this will be too.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:02:13 pm »
16 is the latest version though.
It's still a good deal. The software was current until a few months ago and the price difference of a about $250 is considerable.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 04:43:14 am »
For the average movie manipulator I would dare say v13, 14 and 15 are good enough

I've played with all three and the differences between them are nothing to do cartwheels over imho.  :-//

v14 behaves for me and I see no reason to pay more money and risk an upgrade breakage  :scared:  for the time being...

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 06:49:55 am »
Yeah 16 is the latest, but for USD$299 it's a push for those of us with shallow pockets and/or minimal requirements.
$25 is hard to beat!

Agreed

Offline xaxaxa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:36:37 pm »
I've heard from several YTPMVers that vegas versions after 14 are unstable and buggy though, and most of them prefer and seem to do fine with 14
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:40:52 pm by xaxaxa »

Offline vtwin@cox.net

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 12:59:20 pm »
Some were unfamiliar with who Humble Bundle are and though them to be one of those dodgy cheap key sites.
Rest assured not the case, it's a very popular site that works directly with developers/publishers for special deals, and they chip in a bit toward charity at the same time.

Let me know when you see IDA pro up there for $25.
A hollow voice says 'PLUGH'.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 11:09:59 pm »
I've heard from several YTPMVers that vegas versions after 14 are unstable and buggy though, and most of them prefer and seem to do fine with 14

Thanks for the heads up on that  :-+ will have a go at v16 asap 

Whilst I'm fine with using v14 for now,  even though v15 runs well too on a mates computer, I'm a bit skeptical when users report 'bugginess' on later versions of Vegas Pro,
and most programs in general.

Do they find it's buggy after an upgrade, or clean install, or co-existing next to the previous version in Program Files?

Did they uninstall the previous version thoroughly if recommended to do so, restart the PC, then install, then restart again,
after a disk check and defrag beforehand to prep the PC better?

Did they do any of the above with other background processes running to interfere with the install? That's a first class No-No right there and just asking for issues  :scared:

I reckon the authors of most programs would test and operate on a standard PC with appropriate specs, with as little conflict as possible going on in the background.
So they are clueless about any 'bugs' till users report them and they have to script up workarounds to cope with stuff causing conflict with their program.

FWIW, I get little to no bugs with most software because I take care to install stuff properly
or just put off an upgrade, update or patch unless it's required, or I need a particular feature or fix

So far so good, fingers crossed...   :phew:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf