Author Topic: Humidity/rust issues on a garage  (Read 14256 times)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Humidity/rust issues on a garage
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »
If the car is diesel, the best thing is to use the lowest sulphur fuel in it at all times. that reduces the NOx and SOx emissions which combine with the ambient air to make a dilute Aqua Regia solution in the garage.  As well simply putting a blower to always pull air from outside into the garage ( that way you can filter the dust out of it as well so less cleaning) from high up will help a lot.

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 12:10:51 am »
How much space you are given?  My approach would be to environment controlled just the space I needed and not the entire garage.  There are ready-made plastic-transparent-curtain compartment available but I do not know is this available at your place.   Or you could make one, and put in the lighting, dehumidifier and suction as you see fit.  Other not environmental sensitive items could be put outside that compartment.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 02:07:16 am »
Seems it would be easier if you post some pictures
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline R005T3rTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 07:26:48 am »
If the car is diesel, the best thing is to use the lowest sulphur fuel in it at all times. that reduces the NOx and SOx emissions which combine with the ambient air to make a dilute Aqua Regia solution in the garage.  As well simply putting a blower to always pull air from outside into the garage ( that way you can filter the dust out of it as well so less cleaning) from high up will help a lot.

Ehm, well, there's a problem, I'm in a condo as a result I need to have the approval to all it's members to make something like this. Not to mention that neighbor will complain. That's why I wanted to make a hole in the window: they can't complain because the window is mine...

The car is a diesel one. The fuel option is a no go since the car is not mine, but it belongs to my parents, and I can't control the fuel all the times.

Offline R005T3rTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 07:31:11 am »
How much space you are given?  My approach would be to environment controlled just the space I needed and not the entire garage.  There are ready-made plastic-transparent-curtain compartment available but I do not know is this available at your place.   Or you could make one, and put in the lighting, dehumidifier and suction as you see fit.  Other not environmental sensitive items could be put outside that compartment.

Yes, something like PVC strips curtains or something like that. That might help to reduce the volume, and also the dehumidifier power.  I don't know how they perform tough...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:35:23 am by R005T3r »

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 07:36:33 am »
They work quite well, and will also serve as both demarcation and reduce energy use. They just need to go from floor to roof, and in a stretch you just can use some old curtain material as well, it will at least help.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf