Author Topic: Naomi SexyCyborg Wu's Patreon Shut Down by VICE  (Read 58371 times)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Naomi SexyCyborg Wu's Patreon Shut Down by VICE
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2018, 02:58:44 am »
She's trying to do some damage control that's for sure.

Which is why she omitted to mention in the video that Vice's claims of doxing are true, and moderates all comments to prevent any negative comments or questions.
It's actually very smart, as people like to be on the side of the underdog against the big bad evil corporate machine.

Offline NiHaoMikeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2018, 04:09:34 am »
her video's are the most distracting technical videos i've ever seen, its identity crisis.
Who expects excellent engineering videos from someone who's primarily an artist? You're probably looking for Micah Elizabeth Scott if you want engineering first, art second.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2018, 04:48:53 am »
Chinese government has strict prohibition on private individuals exchanging money. If Chinese government finds out you accept non CNY for goods or for CNY, you go to jail. This even includes antique foreign coin dealers.
Why would USD be fine but Bitcoin not if neither are CNY? And by extension, since there's already a way for USD to work, what about have some third party outside China convert the Bitcoin to USD before sending it on? (In my case, I convert several oddball cryptocurrencies generated by my miners to USD on my side before sending that to her Paypal.)

For those who have used both, what are the pros/cons of Paypal vs. Patreon?
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2018, 08:53:49 am »
her video's are the most distracting technical videos i've ever seen, its identity crisis.
Who expects excellent engineering videos from someone who's primarily an artist? You're probably looking for Micah Elizabeth Scott if you want engineering first, art second.
So you publicly admitting that all those payment you've paid to her, and like this thread creation are purely for bikini art performance instead of technical matter ?  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: petert

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2018, 01:55:24 pm »
Who said engineers can't enjoy art? Particularly art that works well for subjective testing of how well GPUs can upscale?

Besides, technically I'm not working for her, my machines (that have already paid for themselves long ago) are working for her.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:56:55 pm by NiHaoMike »

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 02:44:42 pm »
[...] Particularly art that works well for subjective testing of how well GPUs can upscale?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but studies revealed already long ago that the fine art of staring silently at the sky while simultaneously rolling both eyes works much, much better (subjectively and objectively) for testing how good GPUs can upscale.

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2018, 03:08:54 pm »
[...] Particularly art that works well for subjective testing of how well GPUs can upscale?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but studies revealed already long ago that the fine art of staring silently at the sky while simultaneously rolling both eyes works much, much better (subjectively and objectively) for testing how good GPUs can upscale.

And that's in a different place on the time-quality tradeoff line. For interactive apps like games, the upscaling must be done fast so as not to introduce unacceptable latency. Not sure about AMD but on Nvidia, there's a functional block (DSR) separate from the shader cores designed specifically for that application.
For video playback, it merely has to keep up with the framerate and latency is irrelevant. The scaling algorithm uses the shaders for that as well as deinterlacing if applicable. Because it often reads several frames ahead to decide the best course of action, there's a mathematical limit on latency regardless of how much processing power is available. (And it expects the frames to be at a consistent framerate, which is often not the case for interactive apps.)
Processing images coming off a telescope is very different and you can afford to spend minutes or more to get a single image. That's well outside the scope of general purpose multimedia apps.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2018, 03:31:05 pm »
Who said engineers can't enjoy art? Particularly art that works well for subjective testing of how well GPUs can upscale?

Besides, technically I'm not working for her, my machines (that have already paid for themselves long ago) are working for her.

Lol ... no body really f*$#ing care about you, your money, your romantic life, your sex life or even the girls are your sex slaves.

You must hate spam post right ? Aren't you ? Same here and believe as most people hate spam posts too.

Especially posts that out of the blue, out of context, no relation to the discussion what so ever, that keeps popping out again and again, and not only here, but at everywhere at so many internet technical discussion forums, and for years (plural).

C'mon, don't you ever try to search your own posts that contain the words "Tiffany Yep" ? Like these -> Latest Miss Yep spam , HERE , HERE , HERE .... damn !!! so many .. I give up, just search for your self for more.  :o

Including at the "whole" internet like these ?  :palm:

Really curious as these spams pop out probably when you feel horny or what ? As all these spams were made in a male dominated technical discussion forum, its really disgusting.

To anyone who is reading this, that know in person Miss Tiffany Yep, please, warn her, or at least point to this thread and other like this -> Valiant Mike knight is on mission rescuing bikini Miss Wu in the dungeon, personally I'm worry about Miss Yep, probably she should file a restraining order.

As internet never forget, also as a normal human being and a "responsible" adult, its quite disturbing to think about those innocence people that care about you like your parent, sister, brother, close relatives if any, when they found out about your adventure that you've done in pride.

Or even worst for future loved ones like your spouse or kid if any, I really wish you never have children, as it will be really heart breaking moment that someday they will find out their dad/husband had or keep doing these for many-many years, again with great pride.

Are we watching a physco in making ? You remind me of John Hinckley Jr. Obsession with Jodie Foster

What ever, just stop the spamming post.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:59:05 pm by BravoV »

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2018, 04:21:11 pm »
So you publicly admitting that all those payment you've paid to her, and like this thread creation are purely for bikini art performance instead of technical matter ?  :-DD
On the upside: at least NiHaoMike chooses which artists he likes to support. Over here tax money gets used to support all kind of artists which would otherwise be forced to get real jobs.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: JoeO

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2018, 08:37:11 pm »
On the upside: at least NiHaoMike chooses which artists he likes to support. Over here tax money gets used to support all kind of artists which would otherwise be forced to get real jobs.
How little do they have to work to qualify as an "artist"? Does that include those who film throwing a carton of eggs at a tree and calling it art? Stuff like that really does give a bad name to artists who genuinely put in a lot of hard work.

For those who like the mix of art and engineering from mostly the art side but find Naomi too "show off", check out CaitlinV3. She likes building PCs that look cool, including DIY covers and whatnot for a unique look. Joanne Chiang and TastyPC (the first one in that category I knew about) also build custom PCs, but no custom parts.

Side note: that former Bitcoiner I know from college also called herself an artist back then. She did enjoy dancing for Bitcoins...

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2018, 09:17:50 pm »
Fact checking time! In the US the National Endowment of the Arts distributes money to art projects and initiatives. Even though NiHaoMike is free to support whichever artist or exotic performer he likes, he doesn't get to choose not to contribute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Endowment_for_the_Arts
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:20:15 pm by Mr. Scram »

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2018, 09:25:50 pm »
That US budget of $146 million is peanuts compared to the NL where 'we' spend over 340 million euros on 'cultural stuff(ing)' with around 15 times less people to pay for it.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2018, 09:34:10 pm »
That US budget of $146 million is peanuts compared to the NL where 'we' spend over 340 million euros on 'cultural stuff(ing)' with around 15 times less people to pay for it.
Okay, I got curious and checked. It seems that the Dutch government spends most of the cultural budget on things like theatre groups, orchestras, cinema and literature. Another portion is spent on museums like the internationally renowned Rijksmuseum. It appears that these are almost exclusively things accessible to the general public and serving the common good.

Assuming the budget you mentioned is correct and looking at the number of inhabitants in the Netherlands on the worldometer, all this translates to a relative contribution of a bit over 19 euros. You live in one of the wealthiest nations of the world and feel under 20 euros is too much to spend on cultural matters that benefit all? The greed of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Of course it could all very well earn you money, rather than cost it. A diverse cultural landscape attracts tourists, which offer a large net profit. Apparently tourism in just Amsterdam yields a net profit of 2 to 3 billion, or six to nine times the entire cultural budget.

I need to find better ways to spend my Saturday evenings!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:54:53 pm by Mr. Scram »

The following users thanked this post: petert

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2018, 09:46:59 pm »
Fact checking time! In the US the National Endowment of the Arts distributes money to art projects and initiatives. Even though NiHaoMike is free to support whichever artist or exotic performer he likes, he doesn't get to choose not to contribute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Endowment_for_the_Arts
At the risk of going way off topic, what annoys me the most are the subsidies for factory farming, GMOs, and fossil fuels. Lazy "artists" who are just looking for an excuse to not do any work are a non problem in comparison. And don't get me started on those DTV receiver "toys" that were barely worth the post-subsidy price and crippled to the point where you could often get better video quality from Youtube even back then.

Trying to get back on topic, it's clear that the market for "beautiful model" + "electronics/3D printing" videos is far from saturated, so how long before there's another significant player? I recall Naomi even welcomes "competition" in that area, probably because she knows few will show off as much as she does.

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2018, 10:11:54 pm »
The human condition prevails everywhere... males are simple minded creatures  :popcorn:

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2018, 10:18:31 pm »
I :popcorn: when the feminist initiative party here (yes they exist) proclaimed all men was just animals, as if women was not. :palm:

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2018, 10:41:00 pm »
I don't consider her a beautiful woman. Skinny, with non existing buttocks and disproportional head an breasts. Sexy? Perhaps. I can see the reasons for arousing some guys.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

The following users thanked this post: Frank, Bud, petert

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2018, 10:58:36 pm »
I don't consider her a beautiful woman. Skinny, with non existing buttocks and disproportional head an breasts. Sexy? Perhaps. I can see the reasons for arousing some guys.

Alexander.
I know an even skinnier model in real life - one of the IEEE models at Texas A&M. It is not *that* unusual for Asians to be very skinny.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2018, 11:02:35 pm »

Horses for courses, her look is not my style either, but I think it safe to say that for probably the majority of hetero men she is pretty attractive.

That does mean that people need to be sure to keep their critical thinking hats firmly on such that their judgement isn't impaired by an unrecognised bout of white knight syndrome.

~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2018, 11:05:02 pm »
I know an even skinnier model in real life - one of the IEEE models at Texas A&M. It is not *that* unusual for Asians to be very skinny.

Yes, but skinny people don't usually have oversized balloons for breasts...

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2018, 11:06:44 pm »

Horses for courses, her look is not my style either, but I think it safe to say that for probably the majority of hetero men she is pretty attractive.

That does mean that people need to be sure to keep their critical thinking hats firmly on such that their judgement isn't impaired by an unrecognised bout of white knight syndrome.

Hey! Posting photos of other forum members is not NiHao'd!

Offline Edison

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2018, 11:18:03 pm »
Whether it be one way or another   :-// , i do not know anyone like her  >:D , she think  as me  :palm: , but I just love this girl  8)
Everything works as the weakest link in the chain

Online The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:50 pm »

Is that so?? We should have a poll.
Personally I find her name fairly misleading..

Offline Edison

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2018, 11:22:27 pm »

Alexander.
It does not matter how it looks (she wants to look for herself, not because of you - I hate prejudices), important is what's in her head  :-+
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:42:16 pm by Edison »
Everything works as the weakest link in the chain

Online The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »

Alexander.
It does not matter how it looks, important is what's in his head  :-+

Yes, I've also considered that, but judging from the 3d print test video I think it is not.
Or if you mean the guy that writes her script yes, very important.

Or if it is a typo (what it probably is) then I should shut up and go to bed. lol  :=\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf