Author Topic: Naomi SexyCyborg Wu's Patreon Shut Down by VICE  (Read 58345 times)

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
Re: Naomi SexyCyborg Wu's Patreon Shut Down by VICE
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2018, 05:38:32 am »
Related in that what apparently started or was at least a big contributor to the whole problem was the magazine not allowing the subject to review the content before it goes public.

I think you need to read the story and timeline again man.

If you read my post you will see exactly what I meant. But then you proceeded to talk about another transgender youtuber, very troll worthy on your part.

I have no race or sex prejudices, I'll watch anyone with good content. Sorry to say but Naomi bores me to tears, the drama is more entertaining than watching her work.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

The following users thanked this post: nugglix

Offline NiHaoMikeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2018, 06:37:46 am »
If I was to be interviewed in order for public content to be created about me, I would definitely prefer to be able to review the content before it goes public, to avoid problems caused by a misunderstanding. For example, I would not want the phrase "I use free software I download online" to get misinterpreted as pirating software.

I guess you're not in the target audience. But something must explain why Naomi, Joanne, and April (Wilkerson) are all very popular online. The reality is that good looks do matter to the majority of the audience. (And looking almost flawless even upscaled to 4K is definitely not easy.) There are far more viewers who simply want to relax while watching TV as opposed to thinking hard about the content being presented. Naomi has about 20 times as many viewers as Micah but I would expect a far larger percentage of Micah's viewers to have an advanced knowledge of something engineering related.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2018, 06:52:08 am »
If I was to be interviewed in order for public content to be created about me, I would definitely prefer to be able to review the content before it goes public, to avoid problems caused by a misunderstanding. For example, I would not want the phrase "I use free software I download online" to get misinterpreted as pirating software.

I guess you're not in the target audience. But something must explain why Naomi, Joanne, and April (Wilkerson) are all very popular online. The reality is that good looks do matter to the majority of the audience. (And looking almost flawless even upscaled to 4K is definitely not easy.) There are far more viewers who simply want to relax while watching TV as opposed to thinking hard about the content being presented. Naomi has about 20 times as many viewers as Micah but I would expect a far larger percentage of Micah's viewers to have an advanced knowledge of something engineering related.
Having the subject review an interview beforehand is frowned upon from a journalistic integrity point of view, as has been discussed before. This requirement on her side only adds to the idea that there was an attempt of exerting untowards control, or at least significant inexperience what the standard is.

Mike, you aren't a minor right?

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2018, 07:07:29 am »
What is the concern? That the subject could manipulate the content to be misleading? A compromise could be to allow the subject to add comments but not alter the content unless there really was a big misunderstanding. It's even possible to use SHA256 hashes to prove that the content has not been changed since the date the hashes were released.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2018, 08:03:59 am »
Not related at all, it's just you trying to promote your BDD agenda or whatever the reason you keep name dropping Naomi Wu and Tiffany Yep all the time and came back to bump this week old thread.

The subject line of this topic is totally inaccurate  if you follow the real story and chain of events. Wu's still going militant on his/her twitter like they did nothing to cause the whole situation in the first place. The whole thing smacks of someone that thought they could man shame Vice and really screwed up big time.
Related in that what apparently started or was at least a big contributor to the whole problem was the magazine not allowing the subject to review the content before it goes public.

No journalist should let the subject review or have a say in the contents before it goes live.
Many manufacturers have asked to see my reviews or teardown before they go live, and I tell them all to bugger off.
Vice had every right to refuse to show the article before it went to press.

When I was approached by a big Australian newspaper to respond to what Batteroo had said about me, I simply said no, I wasn't going to take the risk of the newspaper twisting my story, as you don't get to review these things before they go to press.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2018, 08:08:10 am »
What is the concern? That the subject could manipulate the content to be misleading?

Yes, they get potential opportunity to control journalist narrative.
In the case of manufacturers for me, they use the excuse "we just want to make sure you haven't made any mistakes". It's bullshit, they want to control narrative.
In this case it turned out to be well founded because Naomi went full nuclear before she had seen the article. Imagine if she had seen it.
That full nuclear option included doxing, and threatening to dox Vice staff further.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:49 am »

Not related at all, it's just you trying to promote your BDD agenda or whatever the reason you keep name dropping Naomi Wu and Tiffany Yep all the time and came back to bump this week old thread.

BDD?

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2018, 11:00:44 am »
....  keep name dropping Naomi Wu and Tiffany Yep all the time and came back to bump this week old thread.

Trust me, he will keep doing this for years, either bumping or any methods that sort of promoting those girls, and probably he is proudly reporting every moves he made back to those girls to gain sympathies.

Sharing fetish & fantasy for net girls is one thing, but sharing it publicly with complete self credentials included in male dominated forums "throughout the world" for almost a decade, well ... that is something. For sure its disgusting and annoying.

PS : Hints for those who're not aware ....

Try using advanced search here in this forum,
posts made by him and with search item "my friend" ...
.. and then ....
... this time try again Google  :o for -> "NiHaoMike" + "my friend" to get a clue and watch the oldest creation date.  :palm:

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2018, 12:48:22 pm »
It's not a good idea to embed random haiku style comments about woman you know in a forum full of OCD engineers. Eventually you'll be questioned on your motives, either that or to please stop doing it. I'm so easily triggered by repetitive patterns.

NiHaoMike, I'd rather hear what you're doing with electronics than the woman, tbh.

Offline igendel

• Frequent Contributor
    • It's Every Bit For Itself (Programming & MCU blog)
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2018, 02:05:30 pm »
No journalist should let the subject review or have a say in the contents before it goes live.

No journalist worthy of his/her title, that is. Some of the interviews I had were published with gross omissions or incorrect information, and one of those cost me a client. Lucky for me it was all on small, local scale, but still.  |O
Maker projects, tutorials etc. on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/idogendel/

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2018, 02:38:50 pm »
Trust me, he will keep doing this for years, either bumping or any methods that sort of promoting those girls, and probably he is proudly reporting every moves he made back to those girls to gain sympathies.
I made an announcement on Facebook the first time Naomi was in need for help and how I intended to use my miners to help her. The response from friends was all positive, and that was before Naomi even knew that I was going to help. Then I shared her post and got even more positive responses because now everyone knows I really did help out. I figured out how not to be selfish with the secret tricks I use to boost mining profitability on the energy efficient coins I mine. (Which, if you think about it, would no longer be energy efficient if the difficulty goes way high like what happened with earnhoney.)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2018, 03:51:14 pm »
What is the concern? That the subject could manipulate the content to be misleading? A compromise could be to allow the subject to add comments but not alter the content unless there really was a big misunderstanding. It's even possible to use SHA256 hashes to prove that the content has not been changed since the date the hashes were released.
In the real world you get situations where people sue the other party into submission to avoid the release of a piece they don't like. Not showing the article beforehand prevents that. Other undesired situation may include sponsors pressuring writers to change an article. To avoid all kinds of subtle or severe pressure it's standard practice to simply not reveal the article until it's revealed to everyone.

But Mike, it might be time to acknowledge that these women aren't waiting for an internet white knight to save them. They will politely take your donations and say favourable things about and to you, but these are women who live from being in the public eye and from donations. Men do the same, but gender seems to be a large part of the motive to donate and follow. Being nice to people and looking favorable is how they make a living, or in some cases an extra buck. However, you can be sure they will keep you at a safe distance from their actual personal lives. Becoming a real friend isn't really an option.

Maybe it'd be better to get yourself an actual girl. Comb your hair and make some nice photos of yourself and get on some dating app or website. Make sure you get one with real girls. Whatever you do, don't mention the internet girls you fancy. Or if you're an adult, you can pay a woman for some physical company. That's apparently legal in some parts of the country. At least you know what you both get out of it up front, rather than endlessly donating money without having a chance of any hopes and dreams ever materializing.

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2018, 04:57:15 pm »
@NiHaoMike,

But what do you think about Jodie Foster?

The following users thanked this post: BravoV, Shock

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2018, 02:15:37 am »
In the real world you get situations where people sue the other party into submission to avoid the release of a piece they don't like. Not showing the article beforehand prevents that. Other undesired situation may include sponsors pressuring writers to change an article. To avoid all kinds of subtle or severe pressure it's standard practice to simply not reveal the article until it's revealed to everyone.
Crypto can also be used to guarantee that the content would be readable with a delay - encrypt it, then release it along with part of the key to the public, while the subject gets the whole key. Then they can release the key to get it out sooner, or the community cracks the key (the number of secret bits chosen to give a reasonable delay - actually picking how many is tricky) and the content becomes readable anyways.
But Mike, it might be time to acknowledge that these women aren't waiting for an internet white knight to save them. They will politely take your donations and say favourable things about and to you, but these are women who live from being in the public eye and from donations. Men do the same, but gender seems to be a large part of the motive to donate and follow. Being nice to people and looking favorable is how they make a living, or in some cases an extra buck. However, you can be sure they will keep you at a safe distance from their actual personal lives. Becoming a real friend isn't really an option.
The main motivation is to be known as a "great engineer"* among my (other) friends. They all agree with the idea that "sharing is caring". Like I said, the feedback I got was all positive. And if it gets Naomi (or any other content creator, for that matter) to continue making content, that's actually a gift to the entire community!

I have three options with my crypto mining secrets:
1: Keep them a secret and hoard every coin mined. That is the most profitable but selfish option. Not exactly the most positive when trying to make friends.
2: Share them, in which case the mining difficulty skyrockets as the hashrate skyrockets. That's a big negative to everyone mining the coin and causes mining efficiency to plummet. Coiners mining such coins agree to be careful sharing such secrets for that reason.
3: Keep them a secret, but share some of the mined coins. I could in fact share a large fraction of the profits and still lose less than doing option 2. And the coin remains an energy efficient coin.

I did give some thought to starting an organization that accepts Bitcoin and/or Ethereum and converts those into currencies that content creators readily accept. But I think that's an idea better left to someone with actual experience.

*"A good engineer uses technology to help him/herself. A great engineer uses technology to help others in need."
Or if you're an adult, you can pay a woman for some physical company.
Actually hiring a "lab assistant" costs far more than sharing a percentage of mining profits from my small mining cluster. That cluster currently makes about $35/month of coins that convert to Paypal and $25/month of coins that convert to Amazon gift cards, has paid for itself long ago, and only uses about 20W total from my solar power setup.
@NiHaoMike,

But what do you think about Jodie Foster?
An actress without any engineering involvement from what I can find? Too common to be that special.

For reference, Micah, Naomi, and Rinoa are my top three (active/recently active) female TV show hosts. And about the only thing they have in common is that they're ladies with an interest in technology.

As for engineering-related content that is good for subjective testing of 4K upscaling using a GPU, TastyPC, JoanneTechLover, and SexyCyborg have delivered well, listed in the order I discovered them. The first two have gone inactive quite some time ago with little explanation and now there's a big question if/when any of them will make new content. My GPU is probably wondering when it will get to run that fine tuned 4K upscaler again.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2018, 08:44:11 am »
Come on Mike, you seem to deceive yourself but some part of you must know what's going on. How many male content makers are you following and donating to to the same degree? About how many do you start endless threads, defending their every move? BravoV and Shock aren't lying. You're thinking and donating with your little Mike and The Great Engineer seems to live in your pants.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:49:55 am by Mr. Scram »

• Super Contributor
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2018, 02:52:49 pm »
In terms of value at time of transaction(s), Joesf Prusa and Dave Jones end up at the top of the list. Only they know what their profit margins are. And because those transactions were in Bitcoin, they were dependent on the time an anonymous (former) Bitcoiner sold me her Bitcoin miner. (That one's a bit more involved because I actually got that for my cousin who wanted to get into crypto but not have to deal with buggy miners.) And all of that was dependent on when a male intern got me into crypto mining, of which recently he discovered what I ended up doing with crypto and was very happy to see what I did!

I support Naomi for similar reasons why I support Nvidia - far from perfect but way ahead of competitors. (That's not even a good comparison anymore because AMD has improved by a lot.)

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
Naomi SexyCyborg Wu Doxed Vice
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2018, 04:34:07 pm »
There ya go Scram, quick trip to Mexico for a cheap couple bags of saline. Bit of hustle on youtube and you could have your very own bitcoin miner.

The tricky bit is walking the streets of Shenzen but if we get over the first hurdle I'm sure we can drum up a gofundme to cover expenses.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2018, 04:43:01 pm »
C'mon, guys... Please mind your latest iterations; this thread is starting to move a bit too close to personally attacking Mike.

Who cares where does he spend his hard earnhoney money or what gender does he prefer?

Are there any new developments on this story worth getting an update notice on my "new replies" list? 
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: NiHaoMike, bitwelder, thm_w, ebastler

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2018, 04:50:59 pm »
C'mon, guys... Please mind your latest iterations; this thread is starting to move a bit too close to personally attacking Mike.

Who cares where does he spend his hard earnhoney money or what gender does he prefer?

No body f#$%ing care how he spends his money, its just this is the "RIGHT PLACE" to vent out, after suffering from all his girls fantasy spams in disguised for many-many years at almost everywhere.  >:(

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2018, 05:04:56 pm »

No body f#$%ing care how he spends his money, its just this is the "RIGHT PLACE" to vent out, after suffering from all his girls fantasy spams in disguised for many-many years at almost everywhere.  >:(
You always have the option to actually not read such threads if they really make you suffer so much...

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2018, 05:17:06 pm »

You always have the option to actually not read such threads if they really make you suffer so much...

I do, its just you can NOT tag or mark at every forums you encountered at the internet.

And also, why the hell should I to be the one who suffer busy evading the spams instead of him ?

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2018, 05:37:58 pm »
Are there any new developments on this story worth getting an update notice on my "new replies" list?

Rsjsouza if that post was intended for me, firstly my reply was to Scram not to Mike, secondly it wasn't an insult, it was humor in light of the absurdity of internet celebrity. I'm not concerned who NiHaoMike likes or dislikes, or am racial or gender discriminatory, I'm a supporter of gay rights, pro choice, equality.

Don't forget NiHaoMike bumped this thread after 12 days with no replies deliberately to promote her. She is not a victim or needs white knights saving her. But if someone expects to come to this electronics forum and promote people SUBVERSIVELY AND SPAM LIKE in threads then your motives may be called into question by other members.

In one view people will read the title and see that poor Naomi was attacked by a media outlet. But if you read the back story you will see that she doxed Vice several times and instigated the Make magazine incident as well.

BravoV summed it up, I'd rather read about electronics related posts than being spoon fed propaganda by someone.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:40:09 pm by Shock »

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2018, 05:45:35 pm »

It's not that anyone is being attacked; we care for our fellow EEVblog posters and are only suggesting they get the professional help they need.  There has been an uptick in unusual posts lately on these forums from those that might be, in some way, crying out for help. 

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2018, 06:24:51 pm »
Thanks for the clarifications; perhaps I should have prefaced my previous post with "In my opinion..."

Interesting how I got three different feelings: rage, sarcasm and sympathy. The emotional connection between people and the Internet works after all!  :-DD

And also, why the hell should I to be the one who suffer busy evading the spams instead of him ?
You got a point, although spam will never cease to exist; fueling it tends to create more spam...

Rsjsouza if that post was intended for me, firstly my reply was to Scram not to Mike, secondly it wasn't an insult, it was humor in light of the absurdity of internet celebrity. I'm not concerned who NiHaoMike likes or dislikes, or am racial or gender discriminatory, I'm a supporter of gay rights, pro choice, equality.
Not only to you, but I got your point.

Don't forget NiHaoMike bumped this thread after 12 days with no replies deliberately to promote her. She is not a victim or needs white knights saving her. But if someone expects to come to this electronics forum and promote people SUBVERSIVELY AND SPAM LIKE in threads then your motives may be called into question by other members.
Technically it seemed to promote someone else and their failing ventures, but I get your point that the side effect of revamping a forgotten thread causes indirect promotion.

BravoV summed it up, I'd rather read about electronics related posts than being spoon fed propaganda by someone.
This thread was propaganda from the get go.

It's not that anyone is being attacked; we care for our fellow EEVblog posters and are only suggesting they get the professional help they need.  There has been an uptick in unusual posts lately on these forums from those that might be, in some way, crying out for help. 
I really didn't see it that way. My apologies and thanks for the clarification.

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2018, 06:36:46 pm »
Thanks for the clarifications; perhaps I should have prefaced my previous post with "In my opinion..."

Interesting how I got three different feelings: rage, sarcasm and sympathy. The emotional connection between people and the Internet works after all!  :-DD

I really didn't see it that way. My apologies and thanks for the clarification.

No, no, no.  My comment was actually supposed to be sarcastic.  I really don't care about any of these people.

I guess my wife is right, it is impossible to tell if I'm being serious or not anymore.   :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf