Author Topic: I'm finally back!  (Read 1594 times)

Offline zerorisersTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
I'm finally back!
« on: October 25, 2016, 03:11:14 pm »
Hey guys/gals,

I have been gone for a while as I have been trying to figure out transportation issues with school, and I finally decided to quit on that so I can focus on my real education in the electronics field.

Recap of stuff I have been working on.

I have actually made a small relay push-button switch for a blower motor fan in one of the broken down cars that nobody can drive currently. So now it has AC (Perfect for Texas)

I have tried investing in fixing up laptops and reselling them but all I could say is that failed Due to me not realizing macs actually sucked THAT much. (Got them working but some wont even run google chrome!) It was 100% my fault for not doing the proper research to see that the OS updates and everything else apple does has caused me to be unable to run google rum or other programs in the app store, nor can these laptops update to the latest OS. with these laptops being from 2008 and only being 8 years old I would assume that they would still work for such basic functions. I had a laptop for about 12 years and it was still able to at least run programs I needed.(Although not super fast it still ran them.)

So getting away from the stresstops I am in my final year of high-school with no job and no way to get a job as I don't have transportation (And am unable to traverse long distances by foot eg. 2 miles) I have a giant rant for people to read, laugh, and cringe right here for you to read.

I will be trying to get on more often as its the small productive projects that keep me sane. So glad to finally be back, and will hopefully be able to work on a few things.

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
Re: I'm finally back!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:40:38 pm »
Hey guys/gals,

I have been gone for a while as I have been trying to figure out transportation issues with school, and I finally decided to quit on that so I can focus on my real education in the electronics field.

Recap of stuff I have been working on.

I have actually made a small relay push-button switch for a blower motor fan in one of the broken down cars that nobody can drive currently. So now it has AC (Perfect for Texas)

I have tried investing in fixing up laptops and reselling them but all I could say is that failed Due to me not realizing macs actually sucked THAT much. (Got them working but some wont even run google chrome!) It was 100% my fault for not doing the proper research to see that the OS updates and everything else apple does has caused me to be unable to run google rum or other programs in the app store, nor can these laptops update to the latest OS. with these laptops being from 2008 and only being 8 years old I would assume that they would still work for such basic functions. I had a laptop for about 12 years and it was still able to at least run programs I needed.(Although not super fast it still ran them.)

So getting away from the stresstops I am in my final year of high-school with no job and no way to get a job as I don't have transportation (And am unable to traverse long distances by foot eg. 2 miles) I have a giant rant for people to read, laugh, and cringe right here for you to read.

I will be trying to get on more often as its the small productive projects that keep me sane. So glad to finally be back, and will hopefully be able to work on a few things.

If you're into computer repairs stop repairing laptops entirely and start making and repairing desktops. The target audience might not be the same, but you will definitely be able to do more.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline zerorisersTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
Re: I'm finally back!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:20:59 am »

If you're into computer repairs stop repairing laptops entirely and start making and repairing desktops. The target audience might not be the same, but you will definitely be able to do more.

I may take your advice and try the desktops. I see more and more kids in my area becoming major gamers that will throw as much money as possible into a build. I was never one that had money so I didn't keep up with the technology. Ill learn quick :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf