Author Topic: Identify A Valve  (Read 2070 times)

Offline bostonmanTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Identify A Valve
« on: May 14, 2021, 04:03:27 am »
The attached is a valve from a pressure washer gun.

The water kept coming out when the handle was released, so I disassembled it and the only part inside was the attached picture.

So far I haven't found anyone who knows the name or where to find a replacement. I found some "rebuild kits", but without knowing the part number or anything, I don't know if the kits fit.

Does anyone know what this is?

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
Re: Identify A Valve
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 12:50:18 pm »
We do valves on this forum, but they look more like this:

The following users thanked this post: amyk, Cyberdragon, newbrain, schmitt trigger, duckduck

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 01:36:40 pm »
I'm not the only one who thought it was the electronic type of valve...

If you can figure out how to disassemble it you may be able to replace the actual seal inside, or resurface the seat.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 01:58:55 pm »
Missing completely is any useful information - Brand or pressure washer and what if any markings are on the gun?

Given the lack of information a very quick trawl of the internerd shows Ryobi using a similar albiet it likely more modern body https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/pressure-washer-trigger-gun scroll down.

You might be lucky and simply find some crap stopping it reseating but the question is then where did that crap come from? Is the pump having issues and breaking seals or pistons and do you have an inlet filter fitted?

Short answer other than that is if it is a cheap and cheerful product then your chances of getting the correct part is about zero.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Robert Smith Eco Warrior

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 04:42:38 pm »
I was going to do a smart ass comment like 'Exhaust or inlet' but was a bit surprised that it was not the electronic sort of valve  :o

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
  • Test instrument designer/G1YWC
    • Electron Plus
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:08:59 pm »
Thought you Yanks called it a 'tube' anyway (when Yank deForest nicked Brit Fleming's idea). :box:
https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References, Picoammeters, Curve Tracers.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 01:31:16 am »
You might be lucky and simply find some crap stopping it reseating but the question is then where did that crap come from? Is the pump having issues and breaking seals or pistons and do you have an inlet filter fitted?
Water under high pressure alone can erode the seat if the valve doesn't seal completely and decisively. This happens often with valves in steam service, where there's no solids passing through at all.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 01:37:39 am »
Water under high pressure alone can erode the seat if the valve doesn't seal completely and decisively. This happens often with valves in steam service, where there's no solids passing through at all.

I am aware of that but if this is a rapid failure more likely crud or a broken seal.

When I had a 'real job' I worked for the local importer of Cat among it's Pump brands. The problem even 20 years ago was cheap knock offs and rebranded junk some coming out of Italy at the time and some of the early utter rubbish coming from China. Having people over the phone trying to tell you they had 'this pressure washer' and they just needed an X for it without any ID was all to common. In reality unless the importer deliberately imported refurb kits for a lot of these they were even then a throwaway.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 04:43:52 am »
The attached is a valve from a pressure washer gun.

The water kept coming out when the handle was released, so I disassembled it and the only part inside was the attached picture.

So far I haven't found anyone who knows the name or where to find a replacement. I found some "rebuild kits", but without knowing the part number or anything, I don't know if the kits fit.

Does anyone know what this is?

Yes I can identify this, it’s a valve. Confirmed.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 02:08:02 am »
The sprayer has "Bit115" on it.

I thought maybe someone would know the name of this valve so I can find a replacement.

es I can identify this, it’s a valve. Confirmed.

I know it's a valve - why waste the space on here typing that?

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 02:29:08 am »
When YOU are in possession of information and you give little to none of it in an opening post to a thread then you invite sarcasm at a minimum. ::)

Given is a cheap gun the most likely suspect for a kit might be your local Briggs and Stratton engine dealer (quick trawl on google yielded that). Other than that your up for $30-40 for a new one.

The following users thanked this post: bsfeechannel

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 02:29:53 am »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 02:32:19 am »
When YOU are in possession of information and you give little to none of it in an opening post to a thread then you invite sarcasm at a minimum. ::)

You're correct, but I thought the picture of the valve would be more than suitable.

I found that link a few weeks ago, unfortunately it didn't provide a part number or any information for the valve.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 02:56:14 am »
Your picture is about as useful as providing a black and white image of a Resistor and then asking what value it is. There is more than likely several hundred base manufacturers of Pressure Washers worldwide.

Go front the desk at your local mower/engine shop or make a phone call to B&S. I would still be very surprised that the valve or in particular a refurb kit will be available given the cost of a complete gun.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 03:01:13 am »
Go front the desk at your local mower/engine shop or make a phone call to B&S. I would still be very surprised that the valve or in particular a refurb kit will be available given the cost of a complete gun.

I agree with you. I was hoping this valve would be a cheap $5 repair versus buying a decent gun for ten times that amount.

In any case, in the end, I think a new gun will be the way to go.

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 03:12:27 am »
I found that link a few weeks ago, unfortunately it didn't provide a part number or any information for the valve.

It's the gun of a Briggs&Stratton pressure washer. Its part number is 708807. Now you need to find the valve for that gun.

It took me 5 minutes to discover that.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 03:17:30 am »
I found that too a few weeks ago, however, the gun isn't the same. I'm assuming it was replaced at one point with the model I listed above.

For the record, I wouldn't have posted my question if I didn't spend time looking prior.

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2021, 03:27:49 am »
Well, good luck then. We did what we could.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2021, 03:30:59 am »
I appreciate it... that's why I post/read/reply to questions on here - it's a great forum to learn and help others.

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 07:07:46 am »
The sprayer has "Bit115" on it.

I thought maybe someone would know the name of this valve so I can find a replacement.

es I can identify this, it’s a valve. Confirmed.

I know it's a valve - why waste the space on here typing that?

Don’t take it so seriously, I was only playing with you :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2021, 01:07:29 pm »
I know, and I didn't really take it that serious.

Often times I see replies that have little or nothing to do with the topic, and it causes the discussion and/or last post to get buried.

That's why I went in the direction of being defensive, but it's all cool. :)

Offline Raj

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self taught, experimenter, noob(ish)
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2021, 12:18:12 pm »
I do know that Chinese sell the gun without the machine.
I also know it's a type of 'button valve'
Maybe you can replace the whole thing with a 'blow gun' valve of suitable pressure rating (though the flow rate will be tiny)
Try the keyword 'Pressure washer gun' on AliExpress
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:21:42 pm by Raj »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf