Author Topic: IEC panel connector hole puncher  (Read 2499 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hacklordsniper

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 597
  • Country: hr
  • Don't turn it on, take it apart!
    • HackLordSniper
IEC panel connector hole puncher
« on: August 03, 2011, 08:31:32 am »
Does somebody know where to buy this misterious tool ?
Oh, the joy of sending various electronics to silicon heaven

Offline Kiriakos-GR

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • !
  • Posts: 3525
  • Country: gr
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
Re: IEC panel connector hole puncher
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33:25 am »
One picture or a better description it would help us more.

I do not wish to use Google as assistance, so to find out.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12087
  • Country: gb
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: IEC panel connector hole puncher
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 09:42:02 am »
The manufacturers to look at are greenlee and q-max. Just had a quick look and there don't seem to be as many versions as I remember seeing a few years ago - I think I have a D connector one somewhere.
For something as large as IEC you may be looking at hydraulic rather then screw-down type

Farnell only seem to stock round ones :*q-max*

A google for qmax rectangular punch brings surprisingly few different sizes - maybe they are discontinued?
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo