Author Topic: is there anyone bought DSO203?  (Read 34510 times)

Offline bigboyTopic starter

• Contributor
is there anyone bought DSO203?
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:54:51 am »
i want to buy a mini oscilloscope, my friend recommend me DSO203, is there anybody have bought? what about this item?

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: is there anyone bought DSO203?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:54:32 am »
Every other week someone comes here asking for that shit. Guess what? You can ask as often as you want, it remains shit.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:31:47 am »
Every other week someone comes here asking for that shit. Guess what? You can ask as often as you want, it remains shit.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
perhaps you do not like this product, but i really want to buy a DSO203

Offline johnboxall

• Supporter
  • You do nothing, you get nothing.
    • Books, services and more:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:11 am »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

if you use the forum search function for "DSO nano" it will return many posts about these sorts of things.

Offline sacherjj

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:13:16 am »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Then go ahead.  You can buy whatever you want.  For a little more money, you can have a real scope and not play with a toy that has crap input circuitry.  There is a phrase "buy once, cry once."  For the money that you will spend on the nano, get an analog scope.  (Probably less money.)  You will learn and do much more with it than the nano.

Sounds like you don't want opinions, you want us to back up your already made mind.  We can't in good conscience do that.  It isn't a good way to spend money for most beginners.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:54:40 am »
if you use the forum search function for "DSO nano" it will return many posts about these sorts of things.

i have tried it, there are no posts about DSO203.
anyone have different idea on this product, i just want to try it, because of the cute iPhone style.

Also very thank you!!!!!

Offline johnboxall

• Supporter
  • You do nothing, you get nothing.
    • Books, services and more:
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 04:00:00 am »

anyone have different idea on this product, i just want to try it, because of the cute iPhone style.

Also very thank you!!!!!

The DSO nano conversations (a similar product) generally came to the same conclusion as BoredAtWork.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 05:16:09 am »
According to its schematics, at the very least it has no input protection or isolation on its USB port.  

http://www.wide.hk/products.php?product=ARM-DSO-203-v2-Portable-digital-oscilloscope-4-channel
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 07:12:53 am »
prove that its not a crap! ;) do a review. if you go silence, then we know its indeed a crap :P
Forgot to tell you, i have ordered one from diyertool.com today.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline hannobisschoff

• Contributor
  • I get high on solder fumes.
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 10:16:03 am »

Also very thank you!!!!!

The DSO nano conversations (a similar product) generally came to the same conclusion as BoredAtWork.

Please don't buy the DSO Nano, one reason: you don't buy a product for its "CUTE LOOKS". Two: you'll learn a lot more with an old (and cheaper) 2nd hand analog scope. And the analog scope has better frequency response, input protection, input range, and the list goes on and on...

DONT BUY THE NANO

Look at this:""

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:05:40 pm »
well, hanobis, he did buy it, because its cute! what else you want to say?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Vertigo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 09:27:23 pm »
well u gotta admit, though it may be a toy, its a freakin cool toy :P

in a way the nano's are the oscilloscope for people who have absolutely no need for
oscilloscopes.

come to think of it, now non geeks will learn what scopes do and how they work,
making the rest of us all seem less intelligent for using them...

...THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

seriously though, maybe some1 should write a 'why the nano scopes suck balls' topic and
sticky it.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 10:08:40 pm »
[youtube][/youtube]
i dont undertand why i always got #Invalid YouTube Link# ?

Offline Vertigo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 03:14:38 am »
weird, on my end mine doesn't work, but yours does.
i just copied the link and pasted it, then tagged it with the button on top.
maybe i forgot to clean up the tags at the end of the url...

but yeah, hot topic.... burn it down...

..you get it.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »
I've just randomly been looking through ebay and found the old nano and have read a review.
http://www.justblair.co.uk/seeed-studio-dso-nano-pocket-digital-storage-oscilloscope-review.html

Yes, I know they've probably been discussed here a lot but I don't pay much attention since I'm not after a new 'scope.

Yes, it looks like a toy but it does have one feature lacking in even the best DSOs: 12-bit/sample, most 'scopes are only 8-bit. Surely this is a good tool for audio and making fairly accurate measurements of low frequency signals?

The DSO203 is 8-bit so it looks like they've sacrificed resolution to give another channel.

alm

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 06:27:07 pm »
Yes, it looks like a toy but it does have one feature lacking in even the best DSOs: 12-bit/sample, most 'scopes are only 8-bit. Surely this is a good tool for audio and making fairly accurate measurements of low frequency signals?
What's the effective number of bits of the system? Most 8-bit DSO's have an ENOB significantly lower than 8, especially at higher frequencies. Whats the vertical resolution of the display?

For accurate measurement of low frequency signals, you might as well use a DAQ.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf