Author Topic: Is this the industial method of mass soldering or cheapo way??  (Read 44927 times)

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Is this the industial method of mass soldering or cheapo way??
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 05:51:59 pm »
Well I'm no monk just err, to honest and not fake enough to attract girls  ::)

Offline ThunderSqueak

• Supporter
  • Dont be a freak... dont be a freak... dont be a ..
    • ThunderSqueak!
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 06:10:52 pm »

Isn't that what a monk is? :D

Currently working with non-binary computing, no reason for it... just doing because I can ^^

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »

Nop ... I hate too ... to sell fairy tails , so to become  attractive to Girls.

So, Simon does have my understanding on that ..  :)

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2010, 06:27:02 pm »

ooooh, well i'm not a monk, it's just that girls in the UK seem to prefer jerks or blokes with money, having a brain and being a hard worker with dreams aint enough dear  :-*

Offline Rhythmtech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2010, 06:31:31 pm »
Well, when most guys are single mindedly attempting to disrobe women, us nerds are practicing global peace and hanging out on forums...
All I can say is that I got lucky with my woman!

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2010, 06:38:38 pm »
hehe, somehow i seem to find perfect women that are not interested in me or anyone, jumping from Italy to England did not help as i know precious few people and from the sort of people i see around me (chav's) I'd not want to know most of them.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »
Well on my side of the planet , the Girls haves an technical problem,
in the process to liberate them selfs ... they got new cars with credit and monthly payments.
The cash that they get are an specific amount , not enough for easy life and car payments.

So they have ended to hide in their homes , doing savings ..

So their wild liberation plan , become their trap .. Probably they will start looking for a man,
after the seven years payments plan , when they will be fat and ugly ..  ;D 

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2010, 07:03:27 am »
yea that's about how it works here I guess. I think the problem in the UK is the larger part of the populous are chav's and they are not my kind. many seem to get a bloke very quickly and have children very quickly and then moan later they are not happy in their partnership, I think abundant benefits paid by the government to mothers has something to do with this rush to get a bloke and have kids, at 27 I'm a bit late on the scene.

Offline ThunderSqueak

• Supporter
    • ThunderSqueak!
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:11 am »
yea that's about how it works here I guess. I think the problem in the UK is the larger part of the populous are chav's and they are not my kind. many seem to get a bloke very quickly and have children very quickly and then moan later they are not happy in their partnership, I think abundant benefits paid by the government to mothers has something to do with this rush to get a bloke and have kids, at 27 I'm a bit late on the scene.

The flip side of this is being female, and having a brain... intimidates men for some reason.  Most people , at work when I first meet them, assume I am the secretary.  Gets old after a while... 

I had a few of my tech's not believe me about how people treat women in my field.  roughly 90% of the clients (both male and female), will turn and talk to a male tech(or even the janitor) if they walk out after I have been answering questions.  I can continue answering, but they wont even look at me, and will phrase the questions towards the male tech. 

Basically this

anyway, I felt like ranting a little bit. 

Now if I can just find a cute guy who I have something in common with, and who has some ambition, I would be set :D

</hijack>
</rant>
Currently working with non-binary computing, no reason for it... just doing because I can ^^

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2010, 08:39:52 am »

Now if I can just find a cute guy who I have something in common with, and who has some ambition, I would be set :D

</hijack>
</rant>

Fancy moving to the UK  :-*

or is it worth moving to Alaska  ???

Yea i can see that a female tech is something most men can't handle (most are after all dick heads and stupid) I've always gotten on better with the "tomboy" type, maybe something to do with my ultimate [practicality in all things in my life.

Now let me see this is the 3rd aspect this topic has taken - interesting
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:19:51 am by Simon »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2010, 11:05:13 am »
hmm. diversed topic. from soldering in china, to political and historical view, to the girls... hmm. if anyone can post a picture :)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »
hmm. diversed topic. from soldering in china, to political and historical view, to the girls... hmm. if anyone can post a picture :)

Yes here it is , my picture from my last attempt to have long hair ,  last October or so.  ;D  :D

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2010, 04:09:46 pm »
that's cheating  8)

Offline ThunderSqueak

• Supporter
    • ThunderSqueak!
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 06:16:31 pm »

post a picture of what? :P

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2010, 06:30:25 pm »

hehe maybe best not ask for the details  :o

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:05 pm »
whatever you wanna show (that you think is not private), i'll be glad to see ;) like kiriakos "rambo" hair :D but i guess should be related to the discussion to avoid another angry guy ranting about political issue. i hate to read long story without a picture. :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:27:11 pm by shafri »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2010, 09:26:29 pm »
Oups I missed that .... the logo on the picture translates to ... Hello comrade Rambo .. an salutation..

As about our coin it does have two sides, and its wise both to be known , at the end , anyone will make his own mind , by examining both of them .

This is what we do , we get informations , we examine them , and we make our mind about anything that we care.

Some people , when they dislike an subject , they baptized it as political or what ever,
so to limit the size of the conversation.
I am from the people , that they do not tolerate such diplomatic games.

I am more than happy , that we found an chance to socialize a bit, even after the small battlefield  :D

Lets let this thread to die in peace .. 

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2010, 09:37:47 pm »

I am more than happy , that we found an chance to socialize a bit, even after the small battlefield  :D

Lets let this thread to die in peace ..  

aw it was just getting to be fun (the last diversion from the original topic  ;D)

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2010, 10:59:40 pm »
aw it was just getting to be fun (the last diversion from the original topic  ;D)

I agree ...    :) 

I got Imagine the countries of the participants ( of the off topic part) as marks and lines ... Starting from the Australia going to Africa , then passing to Greece , getting upper to England , and finishes up north to Alaska.

We are all part of this chain , and I am thankful for the existence of the Internet,
because it can do this amazing connections ..  ;)

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2010, 06:43:15 am »
Yea I have a friend in America, I met him online and then I met him for real, amazing never thought I would.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:23 am »
The flip side of this is being female, and having a brain... intimidates men for some reason.  Most people , at work when I first meet them, assume I am the secretary.  Gets old after a while... 

Just had to register to say a few words.

As a male I happen to work for a Scandinavian hi tech engineering company  Most things are the same in that company, e.g., mediocre pay, stupid bureaucracy, never enough time to do a job right, never the right tools, ... Some are different. One thing different is the high female rate. No one would assume a female is the secretary. Those that do never come back. And my current "office administrator" is a guy.

What is apparent is that females do the same tricks as males. When your job is to lead a group, or when you are a technical expert in some area, it is expected that you show some "presence". You are supposed to stand your ground, independent of female or male. If you enter a room to meet the group you lead, you "fill" the room, you don't just sneak in. When your area of expertise is discussed you show who's the leader of the pack by controlling the discussion.

Another thing different is the old "don't f*ck in the company" isn't observed. A good bunch of my colleagues are in a relation with colleagues. They don't hide it, don't have to and no one cares or makes a fuss. I have attended at least a dozen marriage ceremonies of colleagues marring colleagues. Couples work on the same projects if they want, couples take up assignments to another branch or country together.

The only thing the company really cares about is to make sure there are no relations between supervisors and subordinates. When this happens it isn't fixed the usual way by firing one or both. Instead the subordinate is just moved to another group. HR does that routinely, without making a fuss. They expect they get told by those in such a relation, as opposite to having to find out. I won't be surprised if there is a special form for this. The company likes forms of all sorts.

BTW, what the company doesn't have is a special program to promote females. The female engineers and female managers would stage a riot is something like that would be started.

I had a few of my tech's not believe me about how people treat women in my field.  roughly 90% of the clients (both male and female), will turn and talk to a male tech(or even the janitor) if they walk out after I have been answering questions.  I can continue answering, but they wont even look at me, and will phrase the questions towards the male tech. 

This is an issue with your male tech's. Can you train them to direct the people back to you, instead of answering?

Our host has some advice on this

http://www.artofinternetdating.com/

No joke, this is our very own Dave writing a whole book about Internet dating ...
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2010, 09:14:06 am »

Just had to register to say a few words.

As a male I happen to work for a Scandinavian hi tech engineering company  Most things are the same in that company, e.g., mediocre pay, stupid bureaucracy, never enough time to do a job right, never the right tools, ... Some are different. One thing different is the high female rate. No one would assume a female is the secretary. Those that do never come back. And my current "office administrator" is a guy.

What is apparent is that females do the same tricks as males. When your job is to lead a group, or when you are a technical expert in some area, it is expected that you show some "presence". You are supposed to stand your ground, independent of female or male. If you enter a room to meet the group you lead, you "fill" the room, you don't just sneak in. When your area of expertise is discussed you show who's the leader of the pack by controlling the discussion.

Another thing different is the old "don't f*ck in the company" isn't observed. A good bunch of my colleagues are in a relation with colleagues. They don't hide it, don't have to and no one cares or makes a fuss. I have attended at least a dozen marriage ceremonies of colleagues marring colleagues. Couples work on the same projects if they want, couples take up assignments to another branch or country together.

The only thing the company really cares about is to make sure there are no relations between supervisors and subordinates. When this happens it isn't fixed the usual way by firing one or both. Instead the subordinate is just moved to another group. HR does that routinely, without making a fuss. They expect they get told by those in such a relation, as opposite to having to find out. I won't be surprised if there is a special form for this. The company likes forms of all sorts.

BTW, what the company doesn't have is a special program to promote females. The female engineers and female managers would stage a riot is something like that would be started.

This is an issue with your male tech's. Can you train them to direct the people back to you, instead of answering?

Our host has some advice on this

http://www.artofinternetdating.com/

No joke, this is our very own Dave writing a whole book about Internet dating ...

right I'm moving to scandinavia !!!

yea what you tell sounds very sensible, I can't see why there should be a problem, I think it is an american thing about not dating co-workers. sure it can complicate things and as you say the only real necessity is to not have supervisor and subordinates working together who also are partners.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2010, 10:28:37 am »

right I'm moving to scandinavia !!!

I believe that your DNA it will strongly disagree , with you ...   :D  :D  :D
But I give you about three months survival time up there , before you start running back,
at more hotter climates ..  ;D

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2010, 10:30:02 am »
well I had to adapt from England to Italy and then from Italy to England again  :)

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:27 am »
well I had to adapt from England to Italy and then from Italy to England again  :)

Thats no "biggy"  , all that you have to do , its to not get mad with rain ..  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf