Author Topic: Mouser Canada?  (Read 7537 times)

Offline AcHmed99Topic starter

• Contributor
Mouser Canada?
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
A
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:54:16 pm by AcHmed99 »

Offline nono

Re: Mouser Canada?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:36:33 pm »
Hello,

Ottawa here. I didn't pay any extra taxes or brokage fee  on my last order to mouser (less then $20 using USPS). If you choose UPS, you will have to pay $20+ for their brokage fee. From the state you should use USPS if you can wait a little. For $50.00 you may have to pay some sale taxes (not a brokage fee), I think the limit under which you pay nothing is $40.00 (might have change).  if you need your stuff fast - use something other then UPS - would cost you less at the end.

Nono

Offline zaoka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:09:33 am »
Last time I ordered parts it arrived next day for $20 shipping by UPS. I think they charge fee if you order is greater than $100..

Offline onemilimeter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:18:01 pm »
Shipping is free in UK if order above 50 pound...

Offline kaptain_zero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:43:51 am »
I can't speak for ordering from Mouser, nor is my experience current, but in the past I found that UPS only charged brokerage fees on ground shipped packages. Once I found that out, if I had to use UPS, I would always use Next Day Air shipment which resulted in my only having to pay for the actual taxes and or duties. In my case, I was ordering SLR lenses, flash gear, flash meters and the like from New York. The cost turned out to be about the same for next day air with no brokerage fees vs regular ground shipping with all the so called fees added on. At least with Next Day Air, UPS has to give me decent shipping services for my money.

Now, as for Mouser.... I would give them a call or catch someone on the live chat service they offer during business hours. I'm quite sure they have some sort of arrangement similar to Digikey which is also based in the US and ships via UPS without dinging the customer with brokerage charges. They may be set up as a non-resident importer and may charge GST/PST on your order up front so the package simply arrives at your door without hassle.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

Regards

Christian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf