Author Topic: Keysight's $1,110.00 USD off the shelf computer fan  (Read 628 times)

Offline nexusTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Keysight's $1,110.00 USD off the shelf computer fan
« on: September 29, 2021, 04:45:03 am »
If you don't believe me, look at the Keysight parts website yourself: https://www.keysight.com/my/partDetail/E4406-60159

I know Keysight has a rep for being pricey like any premium brand would. But things seem to be getting out of hand...

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
Re: Keysight's $1,110.00 USD off the shelf computer fan
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 05:17:57 am »
Well some of the older units have massive cast metal fans with AC motors that i am absolutely terrified of poking my fingers around when running. Im pretty sure those things could chop up a carrot.

Even such a built like a tank fan would be a bit steep for 1 grand.

Perhaps its just that its a obsolete fan and they want to keep them in stock for a reasonable amount of time for the customers that want the original fan in there. Since lets face it, if you are concerned about how much the repair costs and the only thing wrong with the unit is a fan, then you are going to pop the lid and stuff a new fan in there yourself.

Offline Kerlin

• Regular Contributor
Re: Keysight's $1,110.00 USD off the shelf computer fan
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 06:21:15 am »
Must be a typo, but it does happen.
Old man's story but............
In about 2004 I fixed a power supply for a 486 computer for an avionics company.  They were prepared to pay a massive amount.
They said it didn't matter because the computer was part of their system and due to their strict procedures and it was too difficult to replace.
They even had the serial number of the power supply documented, so they were stuck.
In that job if the original fan was unobtainable, I would have bought one at such a price and they would have paid for it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:26:23 am by Kerlin »
Do you know what the thread is about and are Comprehending what has been said ?

The following users thanked this post: GlennSprigg

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf