Author Topic: LED Eyelashes  (Read 14846 times)

Offline xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
LED Eyelashes
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:09:14 pm »
The LED Eyelash project is brought into the world from a simple question: Why do women want larger and bigger eyes? Asian women tend to have stronger needs for bigger eyes as a standard of beauty, but relatively few of them are born with naturally big eyes. Those without big eyes can only look for alternative ways to make their eyes look prettier, i.e., larger, by using a repertoire of skills such as putting on makeup and wearing jewelry. Sometimes, the desires for bigger eyes can become almost obsessive, and many women opt for plastic surgery in order to make their dream come true. Soomi calls this, the fetish of Big Eyes.

LED Eyelash is a clever product that speaks to many women’s desire for bigger eyes. It features a sensor to turn on and/or off. The sensor can perceive the movements of the pupil in the eyes and eyelids. If you wear it and move your head, LED Eyelash will flicker following your movements. It is as simple to use as wearing false eyelashes and as easy to remove as taking off a piece of jewelry.

http://soomipark.com/main/?portfolio=led-eyelash

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Phaedrus

• Frequent Contributor
Re: LED Eyelashes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 04:05:21 pm »
Because that's what I want in a woman: obvious body image and attention seeking issues and an inability to look down.
"More quotes have been misattributed to Albert Einstein than to any other famous person."
- Albert Einstein

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 04:13:14 pm »
The daytime running light for human females...  :wtf:

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 05:06:46 pm »
They should shine on the road, enhances the visibility.

n45048

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:49 pm »
I'd be more afraid of that one hung low Lithium Ion battery pack so close to my head/hair.

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 07:05:43 pm »
I'd be more afraid of that one hung low Lithium Ion battery pack so close to my head/hair.
Those are not called "hung low Lithium Ion battery pack".
Those are called earphones...  ;)

n45048

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 07:30:07 pm »
Those are not called "hung low Lithium Ion battery pack".
Those are called earphones...  ;)
So presumably there is a belt pack and the wires run down your back somewhere? Wouldn't want the cable to catch onto anything. ;-)

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 08:01:53 pm »
So presumably there is a belt pack and the wires run down your back somewhere? Wouldn't want the cable to catch onto anything. ;-)
The LEDs cannot shine very bright and need to be 'run cool' (i.e. low power), otherwise they would impair the vision of the wearer or might irritate the skin due to heat. Safe to say that these are not high-power LEDs. Thus it should be possible to drive the LEDs with a Lithium button cell for at least a few hours.

I don't know how the creators envision the final product. But it is noteworthy that in almost all promo pictures on their website you see girls wearing earphones. Perhaps (and i am just speculating here) they intend to fuse the battery holder with earphones, which would avoid the issue with tangled cable around your neck. (But perhaps the earphones in the pictures are just a fashion statement and unrelated to the Eyelash project  :-// )
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:15:11 pm by elgonzo »

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 08:25:37 pm »
The girl looks super happy to be part of the next big thing :P

Oh and manga cat ears!

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 08:35:09 pm »
Oh and manga cat ears!
Here some Korean cat ears for you:

>:D

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 08:39:36 pm »
That website (http://soomipark.com/) if fool of amazing E-arts stuff! Thanks for sharing. Personally I am a big fun of these things and a fact that they eventually break and "die" makes it even more charming.

Offline xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »
I don't know ... I think it goes to show that just because you can make something, doesn't mean you should make it.  :-//
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:17:36 pm by xrunner »
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline aargee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 10:12:01 pm »
Side note: Larger eyes are a survival mechanism for young mammals (including humans). We are programmed to 'care for' our young by identifying them with, among other markers, large eyes/pupils.
This evolutionary trait then follows through to adult hood where large eyes become an attractive feature in the opposite sex.
Not easy, not hard, just need to be incentivised.

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »
Hmm.  I'd prefer some Cree XM-Ls...

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 01:18:41 am »
That's the beauty of capitalism: as long as there is demand, there is supply to satisfy that demand.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline MacAttak

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 02:30:16 am »
What I'm waiting for is the LED accessory that lights up my bushy mid-40's nose and ear hair. If people are allowed to creep me out with glowing lights under their eyes then I get to creep them out too :)

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 02:50:36 am »
What I'm waiting for is the LED accessory that lights up my bushy mid-40's nose and ear hair. If people are allowed to creep me out with glowing lights under their eyes then I get to creep them out too :)
Just let it grow a little longer and you don't need LEDs anymore to creep people out  >:D

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »
Side note: Larger eyes are a survival mechanism for young mammals (including humans). We are programmed to 'care for' our young by identifying them with, among other markers, large eyes/pupils.

Wrong way around, we're "programmed" to do that because our young have unusually large heads and eyes. They don't have large heads and eyes to fit into that programming :/

And that doesn't cover most mammals TBH, only really humans. The most common mammals you'll see about are cats and dogs and they don't have such large heads and eyes compared to the adults. Some dogs may look like that but that's because we bred them to look "adorable" to us, and they keep those features into adulthood.

Back on topic, I could see these becoming popular in clubs, but not as a general fashion accessory.
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline hamdi.tn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:00 pm »
 :wtf: :palm:

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:27:24 pm »
The following was said to me as part of my introduction to Japan:

"These people are born different, learn different, eat different, sleep different, shag different, work different and die different. This is the closest you will ever get to visiting an alien planet, gentlemen, welcome to Japan".

He was probably right.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline elgonzo

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 01:57:35 pm »
The following was said to me as part of my introduction to Japan:

"These people are born different, learn different, eat different, sleep different, shag different, work different and die different. This is the closest you will ever get to visiting an alien planet, gentlemen, welcome to Japan".

He was probably right.
The LED eyelash project is from Korea, not from Japan. Still, what you said can -- from a western perspective -- also be applied to the Korean people.  :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:00:59 pm by elgonzo »

Offline SArepairman

• Frequent Contributor
  • wannabee bit hunter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 07:33:18 pm »
i like it alot more then ear gauging

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 10:42:42 am »
New version:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 11:25:58 am »
They are a great idea, the ultimate "Move along, nothing to see here..." warning system for males,

to keep looking for some lady action elsewhere  ;D

Online Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:42 pm »
The daytime running light for human females...  :wtf:

Surely for running lights her left ear should be illuminated Red and her right ear, green. They both appear to be showing white. Definitely a missed navigational safety opportunity  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:50:05 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf