Author Topic: LGBT History Month  (Read 10329 times)

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
Re: LGBT History Month
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:41 pm »
I started this.. :(Im Sorry if I have offended any IGBTs
http://www.garrettbaldwin.com/

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 08:01:02 pm »
I always wondered if, given proper medication and therapy, bipolar transistors can be become productive members of society again , like their J-Fet and mosfet counterparts...

Maybe you should start a transistor counseling service? :)

Freud / Nietsche and Jeung would have a field-day on that one... then again they don't call those field-effect transistors for nothing...
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline steve30Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Stephen Coates' Homepage
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 08:25:46 pm »
it's really sad how everyone seems to completely forget/ignore the L B and T in LGBT.

I've noticed that before. Could it just be because there are more Gs than Ls, Bs and Ts? :-//

Offline N2IXK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 09:29:12 pm »
Some straight people also do things that attract media attention.  But they generally don't have to deal with having their sexual orientation deemed a causative factor for their behavior by the media or the religious right types.

Interesting watching the Boy Scouts of America trying to deal with their policy on gay scouts and leaders.  They seem to be trying to have it both ways, by taking no stance at a national level, but allowing individual troops to continue to discriminate if they choose to.  :palm:

BTW, I notice that they aren't even talking about lifting their ban on atheists... :( I Wonder if they would let a local Pastafarian congregation sponsor a troop?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:14:42 am by N2IXK »
"My favorite programming language is...SOLDER!"--Robert A. Pease

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:08 am »
...Have studies shown that IGBTs have higher rates of pedophilia?  Sad, but true... 

Uhhh....no.  I do not believe you will find any properly conducted study that will show this.

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:46 am »
How about a PCB with no straight traces  ;D

You can always get one of those RGB LED cubes and do fancy animations. Or solder a grid of RGB LEDs on a board and add some TLC5940 PWM chips. Use Arduino just for the blog cred.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:31 am »
Is it wrong to discriminate against IGBTs?  Absolutely!  Have studies shown that IGBTs have higher rates of pedophilia?  Sad, but true. 

Assuming you're accidentally typing IGBT and this isn't a continuation of the above LGBT/IGBT joke that's going way over my head.

Um.... no. First of all, please cite these studies. Not just that, but show why they are good studies that can be trusted, because anyone can make a study say anything if they understand statistics better than the average person and can select an advantageous sample. Second, please provide proof that this is causation, not correlation, and if you cannot, it becomes an irrelevant point and makes you sound a tad silly. Even if there were a correlation, the best you can do is suck it up and live with it, because otherwise, gay people aren't hurting anyone.

If it were discovered that there was a slightly higher occurrence of pedophilia in the black population, we'd still have a big problem with anyone's decision to bar black people from something. Statistics are not an excuse not to treat fellow humans like fellow humans.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 05:13:20 am »
Getting way off topic, even the topic is way off topic.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 07:48:13 am »
if we are lucky enough it will come full circle  :phew: :scared:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf