Author Topic: Linus Tech Tips Expands Again  (Read 628 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Linus Tech Tips Expands Again
« on: January 31, 2024, 01:26:36 am »
As if his previous mega lab wasn't enough, he just bought(?) two 18,000 sq ft building for a LAN contest centre. Insane.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Re: Linus Tech Tips Expands Again
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 01:38:38 am »
Well, so much for the prediction that LTT was gonna collapse after the whole drama thing. :-DD

But yes, this is kinda insane.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 01:55:05 am »
Sounds like its a badminton court rental 90% of the time then a LAN center 10% of the time. We need more badminton courts, though its Langley so too far from me.

18,000 sq foot should fit around 15 courts? $20/hr per court if its fully booked, 8hr day, $2400/day minus expenses best case? I don't think that will pay back very quickly..
The point tracking is a great idea, I was thinking of manual tap with a racquet but if he can automate it, you could charge more per hour.

Cost should be in the $6-10 million range, PLUS all the electrical and hardware stuff hes adding. I only saw "112" address, if someone can find it or recognizes the area.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 02:10:30 am »
   He seems to have that "Midas touch" and everything that does seems to make money! 

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 02:29:47 am »
Well, so much for the prediction that LTT was gonna collapse after the whole drama thing. :-DD

LOL, yeah, nah. Storm in a tea cup.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 02:45:41 am »

Yep. To be fair, I think they have made some noticeable changes. They have cut down on the jokes, and are a lot more politically correct now.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 02:49:33 am »

Yep. To be fair, I think they have made some noticeable changes. They have cut down on the jokes, and are a lot more politically correct now.

When are they going to brush up on their technical skills?  :box:

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 03:03:28 am »
Well they died for me when they moved from the residential house they were making stuff for to the first warehouse they sound proof and build all the sets for.

I unsubscribed them because for some reason I was starting not to enjoy their content. I still pop up occasionally to see if there is something that it may interest me, but with Luke being away of videos (he knows his stuff while presenting in a more professional way) and the new guy Anthony also gone because of personal reasons (Anthony is now a woman called Emily and looks like she had come back to the Apple Newton overview but still to see when regularly) I didn't really see anything in their reviews better than other YouTubers I follow (Gamers Nexus, Level1 Techs, PCWorld and Hardware Unboxed).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf