Author Topic: 1Ghz Keysight Pro-Gaming Oscilloscope with Liquid Cooling  (Read 9444 times)

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
Re: 1Ghz Keysight Pro-Gaming Oscilloscope with Liquid Cooling
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2021, 10:29:13 pm »
"Someone modded a tool i could have used in a way i dont like, that is evil. Here let me add a famous quote to prove me right. Also i developed nanorheometers to measure the specs of the fluid coming out of my tearducts, as i write this."

I also dont like the scope-modding, but the butthurtness-scale in this thread is off the charts.  :-BROKE
Why do you lie?  I did not write what you paraphrased; that's just what you claim I had meant, so that your irrational hatred would be justified.

I wrote this mod does not pass my bullshit filter, so I withdraw from the related publicity event.  I even explicitly said that would not hurt Keysight.

Then I explained that I was stupefied by the modding project chosen, because it just basically converted the tool to a blinkenlights, while there are many actual mods that would have made it an amazing project, completely unprecedented in this market segment.  I lamented that this is typical: "optics" beat usefulness, because people flock to what is popular.

Then I described the reasoning why I believe modding a mixed-signal scope to fit even an oddball rare use case would be a killer move, having made a poster about how other modified a commercial atomic force microscope to a nanorheometer used in biophysics, and seeing it really excite scientists, because they love good tools that can be used to get new results.  And, how in comparison, how stupid Blinkenlightification is.

I never said the mod was evil, just stupid. The only thing I said was evil was Refrigerator – and now, you, Echo88 – since you are ridiculing someone who stands by their principles and follows their own conscience.

Perhaps you really need to examine what effect your "tolerant" attitude has in real life.  No, it is not a reasonable "middle ground" at all, because reasonable people do not force others, only the irrational crazy people do, and that leads to your "tolerant" attitude actually supporting the irrational crazy people.  That's what Einstein was commenting about.  That it is the little things that every individual does that matter; the big things are just the emergence of the results of such.

This kind of twisting others words to be able to mock the person, instead of expressing a counterargument to the topic at hand, is what gets my goat.  There is not much that I hate, but that one I do.   I do believe it is evil in the true sense of the word.  I dislike the fact that I have to point it out (and not just in this thread, but in other threads, too).  That, and not admitting to making an error, is unacceptable to me, and I will point it out no matter who does it.  Most definitely including myself.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2021, 08:49:14 am »
hmm, this is a good idea if its quiet enough, the only thing I don't like is that it is a frontline instrument and the input voltage is high, it would need special engineering to be safe. Depends on where its used though, fine in a digital lab. Those fans can be really annoying sometimes.

Remember the tektronix waterproof oscilloscope with the girl in scuba gear?

looks like keysight needs to shit out paper work and leather shoes to keep the stiffs happy

reading this thread makes me feel like i am in a OCP board room listening to talks about features on robocop. it needs a neutral color scheme so we can continue to suck the life out of people prevent 'emotions' from effecting productivity . who authorized the use of pink highlighter on this document review???
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 09:03:53 am by coppercone2 »

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2021, 09:30:26 am »
I've finally got round to watching the video.

Am I the only person who found this funny? Yes, it's a stupid project, especially removing the shielding, but that just adds to the comedy. :-DD

The following users thanked this post: ANTALIFE

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2021, 12:15:53 pm »
The water cooling is a good idea, stops it ever reaching its calibrated temperature. :-BROKE
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2021, 05:02:34 am »
if that was at work I would use it because its loud, i don't really care if its calibrated unless they did

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf