Author Topic: Windows 10 Attention to Detail or lack of  (Read 392 times)

Offline SimonR

• Regular Contributor
Windows 10 Attention to Detail or lack of
« on: May 15, 2020, 10:18:42 pm »
So I'm just sitting here watching a forced update on my windows 10 desktop PC while I wait for my Windows 8 Laptop to finish compiling some code. I don't use the desktop much anymore.
Its been stuck on the picture of the lake in some mountains for quite some time. Its quite a nice picture until you notice that at the bottom of the picture is a red rucksack, probably left there by the photographer. Competition winner maybe? Close but no cigar.

Sums up windows 10 entirely I think

Offline Benta

• Super Contributor
Re: Windows 10 Attention to Detail or lack of
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:26:17 pm »
Why are you watching? Win 10 updates take hours.

I'm so damn happy with my Lubuntu 20.04 laptop where everything works, operates much faster and an update takes 30 min. max.

Happy watching :)

Offline Matty

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:34:45 pm »
I never noticed that.  I just found the picture again and I recon it has to be attention to detail.  It's too perfectly placed.

Offline SimonR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:54:03 pm »
I was getting irritated because the fan kept running full speed and destroying my concentration.
I waggled the mouse to wake up the screen and saw that it looked like it had finished its last reboot so I waited a bit and found out it hadn't nearly finished.
I'm waiting for it to turn off now, might have to just pull the plug

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 11:32:41 pm »
I was getting irritated because the fan kept running full speed and destroying my concentration.
I waggled the mouse to wake up the screen and saw that it looked like it had finished its last reboot so I waited a bit and found out it hadn't nearly finished.
I'm waiting for it to turn off now, might have to just pull the plug

Yeah, looks like the best favor you can do your computer when it's haunted by Win10 updates is to put it out of its misery.
 >:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf