Author Topic: Live giveaway draw - Used Keysight Scope Giveaway  (Read 12169 times)

Offline Synthetase

• Regular Contributor
    • Synthetase's World of Nerd
Re: Live giveaway draw - Used Keysight Scope Giveaway
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 02:51:22 pm »
Just a suggestion, Dave:  How about another draw from those who were left out - for an EEVBlog BM235?

I like the sound of that. I'll do it on my 2nd channel.
That's very kind of you Dave.

As I posted in the other thread over at contests and give-aways: congratulations to all the winners. I don't want to see the contest re-drawn. I know that my small let-down after looking forward to the possibility of winning the scope will be completely dwarfed by the huge disappointment felt by the winners if the original result is withdrawn.

The entire give-away has opened my eyes to all the stuff the can plague these sorts of contests, actually. When I was a kid I used to snort at the legalese on the back of cereal boxes every time they had a competition. But seeing all the differing opinions on how to do the draw, how to judge valid entries, when to start it, when to end it, who to open it to - and even the constant complaining from people during the live draw, I can completely see why there's a lot of fine print surrounding these sorts of things. You're a much more patient man than me, Dave :)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 02:53:32 pm »
From David2:
Found the error. It was in code. The forum changes format slightly at the end of a forum topic, this meant that my program thought it already was at the end when it hadn’t parsed the final page.

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:24 pm »
I haven't checked whether I was missed from the draw, and I'm not going to.

Firstly, because if I was weeded out by a code bug then as far as I'm concerned that's random enough to count as part of the draw.

Secondly, Dave put a fair amount of consideration and effort into this giveaway. If a mistake was made it was a genuine mistake. That's life. It was great that he did it in the first place.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 07:16:06 pm »
What is ironic is that there were "problems" with two different Keysight scope contests at the same time.  An omen?

Actually very entertaining.  I still think a chicken shit drawing would be better.  This was explained somewhere in one of the posts.  It is random chickens walking on sheets of numbered paper and the numbers are picked by the sheets that get shit on them  :-DD

Both endings were anti-climatic (except for the problems)
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline ShockTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 03:13:26 pm »
Just a suggestion, Dave:  How about another draw from those who were left out - for an EEVBlog BM235?

I like the sound of that. I'll do it on my 2nd channel.

Dave did you get around to drawing another meter? Still hoping for a chance to bag something after missing out, even if it's a long shot. Wife can't complain if I get something free.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 04:19:19 pm »
I would prefer a free giveaway of electronics classes in Milano, Italy.

I'm planning to continue my studies over distance, I'm somewhat agoraphobic and too much people distracts me too.

I'm broken, but knew a nice woman there and would probably move there. I got cheap travel tickets :D

Adopt an ADHD Geek, please...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf