Author Topic: Login Fatigue Is Plaguing Organizations, 1Password Study Finds  (Read 4077 times)

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: Login Fatigue Is Plaguing Organizations, 1Password Study Finds
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2022, 12:02:26 pm »
Any sort of login that requires an action is going to lead to 'fatigue'. A major reason why I enable biometrics on the phone (and wouldn't now buy one without a fingerprint reader). Perhaps some bright spark will come up with a fingerprint reader on a mouse and make a killing.

Uhmmm - https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=fingerprint+mouse

Tons from Lenovo, HP and I remember some years ago by Microsoft, when Microsoft hardware division made good hardware.

Oh!

Maybe I missed them because I won't look at anything except the Logitech Master series of mice  :palm:

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2022, 02:54:33 pm »
I use the "write them down" method, but admittedly I don't have that many to worry about. Maybe 30 or so. Fits on one side of a regular sheet of paper. And I use the same or fairly similar passwords for non critical stuff. A few of them have to be changed occasionally, after they've been scratched out and replaced once or twice, that's a good time to re-write the entire list and start with a fresh copy.

Online madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2022, 02:28:49 pm »
Nevertheless, it's a real thing. It's something that really pissed me off about Linux desktops for a long time: having to bloody log in every boot, practically every config change, etc.

sudo fatigue?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2022, 03:10:38 pm »
Oh yes!

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2022, 07:01:29 pm »
Cloudflare seems to be getting into the game.

I think they want to make the mobile phone the dual authentication factor login to rule them all. (e)SIM as a (semi-)physical security factor and the mobile phone login as the second factor (biometric and occasionally PIN). Presumably bluetooth to the desktop/laptop to authenticate, leaves some room for a relay attack by an attacker in proximity but not too bad, there's also the timing factor, it will presumably ask you to authenticate on the phone the moment you authenticate on the computer.

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2022, 02:08:30 am »
Oh now Passkeys are going live I see Apple&Co are allowed to sync/clone passkeys by the Fido Alliance ... that's nice from an usability point of view, but I'd really prefer if we could have our own encrypted backups instead of having to go through Apple&Co.

The following users thanked this post: Someone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf