Author Topic: Looking for 6 page technical analysis in Electronics magazine of Fluke 8020  (Read 5923 times)

Offline retiredcapsTopic starter

• Super Contributor
I would love to find this article (6 page technical analysis in Electronics magazine) about the Fluke 8020 as per

"The little gray box that started a revolution"

support.fluke.com/find-sales/download/asset/2386856_a_w.pdf

I have searched on/off for months and I realize Electronics magazine is now defunct.

If anyone has a scan or would be willing to share a copy of the 6 page technical analysis in Electronics maagazine, I would appreciate it.  I'm trying to learn more about how multimeters work and I think this article might help me understand more.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:48:35 am by retiredcaps »

Offline Spawn

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²
You need that PDF file you linked? If so I just got it on my PC from the net, let me know so I can figure how to put it here. It is only 4 pages article by the way but over 13mb.

Offline Spawn

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²
The problem was file being 13mb and the online PDF reader (adobe in my case) was timing out and giving a lot problems that’s why I directly downloaded it.

Now I have remake the pdf file and it is less than half mb so I am uploading it here on the forum, you can download it from here now  ^-^

• Super Contributor
Sorry if I was not clear.  I'm looking for the 6 page technical analysis in Electronics magazine as referenced in the article called The little gray box that started a revolution.

I can read and download the Fluke article fine.  I want the 6 page technical analysis of the Fluke 8020 that as written in Electronics magazine.

Offline marshallh

• Supporter
    • retroactive
I looked best I could and it doesn't seem to be on the 'net.

You might take a look at the service manual, it's as detailed as you could possibly want.
Verilog tips
BGA soldering intro

11:37 <@ktemkin> c4757p: marshall has transcended communications media
11:37 <@ktemkin> He speaks protocols directly.

Offline Spawn

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²
Sorry if I was not clear.  I'm looking for the 6 page technical analysis in Electronics magazine as referenced in the article called The little gray box that started a revolution.

I can read and download the Fluke article fine.  I want the 6 page technical analysis of the Fluke 8020 that as written in Electronics magazine.

No, you dont have to say sorry, it is my busted a$$ English I should read better sorry.

• Super Contributor
I looked best I could and it doesn't seem to be on the 'net.
I appreciate your effort in locating this article.

You might take a look at the service manual, it's as detailed as you could possibly want.
I have looked at the service manual, but since I'm relatively new to this area, I wanted a historical perspective of how "leading edge" the 8020 was when it was released.  I have no idea of the evolution of the hand held multimeter.

For example, did the 8020 introduce any new technology during its time that we all taken for granted now?  Or was the manufacturing and assembly of the 8020 a break through process?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
I'm keen to know what "Electronics" magazine is, never heard of it?  :-//

Dave.

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
I'm pretty sure that's "Electronics and Wireless World" - an excellent magazine that was hijacked by audiophile nut jobs in the end and then promptly died.

EA in the 80's used to re-print  Electronics and Wireless World circuits in their "Circuit and Design Ideas" section (very distinct drawing style), and always attributed them  "From Electronics."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:09:40 am by GK »
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Super Contributor
I'm keen to know what "Electronics" magazine is, never heard of it?  :-//
I think it was this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronics_(magazine)

And no, I don't have $10K for anyone who has the article.  ;)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronics_(magazine)
And no, I don't have $10K for anyone who has the article.  ;)

Ah, well there you go!
Most likely never reached aussie shores, and it died pretty much pre-internet, so that's why I've never heard of it.
There has to be some prize for anyone who find the article!

Dave.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Found some scans of the mag:
http://users.monash.edu.au/~ralphk/electronics-nostalgic-adds.html
Oz reader, so it did make it here by the sounds of it.

Dave.

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
My memory is probably faulty then; though I'm reasonably sure Electronics was a common abbreviation for E&WW.
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Spawn

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf