Author Topic: Making EEVBlog profitable  (Read 24931 times)

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
Re: Making EEVBlog profitable
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 04:23:32 am »
I noticed Dave only gets around 50k views on his videos. I suggest renaming the channel to "Extracting Eggs Video blog" and start making videos about opening and assembling toys from those chocolate eggs.

Yes, the worlds #1 youtuber unboxes kids toy:
http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/disneycollectorbr
She earns between $5-10M a year and has 10 times more views on one video than I have on all my 800 videos over 5 1/2 years.
Clearly I'm doing it the hard way.
Your own most successful activity is opening packages, so why the critical tone? She focussed entirely on what works. It seems you can't bring yourself to (I don't think I could bring myself to, either).

Its kinda sad through. Taking toys our of boxes gets someone $5M per annum. Putting them into those boxes gets someone $2000 per annum.

Offline kc0ngu

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 04:38:29 am »

Taking toys our of boxes gets someone $5M per annum. Putting them into those boxes gets someone $2000 per annum.
[/quote]

Probably add a zero to that $2000 number but still not  a living wage

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 04:40:26 am »
Taking toys our of boxes gets someone $5M per annum. Putting them into those boxes gets someone $2000 per annum.

Probably add a zero to that $2000 number but still not  a living wage
$2000 is on the high side. A lot of toy manufacture has moved to Vietnam or Indonesia where even $1000 per annum is on the high side. In those places it is a living wage, although not a great living.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:43:15 am by coppice »

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 04:47:20 pm »
I live 4 miles from the the Kinnerton chocolate factory where they make those Kinder surprise and other equally revolting  chocolates.
The smell when they unload the tankers is truly appalling, yes the so called chocolate arrives by tanker and is pumped into storage tanks before it makes it way through the factory and none of theire products taste of chocolate.
I could never stand Kinder surprise. I remember the first time I tried it. It was so disgusting I spat it out on the drive outside the house and pretended that cat had been sick!

I've always loved chocolate but Kinder surprise isn't chocolate.

Offline rollatorwieltjeTopic starter

• Supporter
  • I brick your boards.
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 10:36:10 pm »
I live 4 miles from the the Kinnerton chocolate factory where they make those Kinder surprise and other equally revolting  chocolates.
The smell when they unload the tankers is truly appalling, yes the so called chocolate arrives by tanker and is pumped into storage tanks before it makes it way through the factory and none of theire products taste of chocolate.
I could never stand Kinder surprise. I remember the first time I tried it. It was so disgusting I spat it out on the drive outside the house and pretended that cat had been sick!

I've always loved chocolate but Kinder surprise isn't chocolate.

have you seen nestle?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/28/article-0-1B063DE500000578-609_306x423.jpg
http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/cadbury-wasp.jpg
i encountered 1 myself, not a wasp ... but a black goop of something (i still have it frozen in my fridge LOL)
you can try to send in a complain ... but nobody will talk to you ... they reply you "thank you for your FEEDBACK" lol
if the entire world population died by eating contaminated nestle chocolate ... thats it ... snap a finger, all is quiet, nobody knows who kill the entire world ... "thank you for your feedback" indeed pffft lol
Fun fact, insect contamination up to a certain percentage is considered (by the FDA) a cosmetic defect, not a food safety issue. Same for hair, mold, maggots and feces. For fruit juice it's something insane like 4 maggots per liter. Not sure what the European standard is, probably similar.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 10:45:12 pm »
Sure there are channels or jobs that bring more...

But i would have stayed at 1 of the two best-payed jobs I had, I would be a complete alcoholic now.
Bore-out.

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:30 pm »
Not sure about other locations, but in Australia there are several food labels you should look for...
(Correct as of mid 80s)

CHOC - is not chocolate.  (e.g. Choc coated, Choc flavoured etc)
PROCESSED CHEDDAR - is not cheese.  e.g. those slabs of plastic sandwich filler.

Read the back label, its not obvious at all.  I only learned from making  a lot of TVC in the 70s/80s.
The number of weasel words in marketing and sales is astounding

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=weasel%20words%20list
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline dfmischler

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 11:10:33 pm »
Half naked women, dancing to that psi song, with kittens playing at their feet, while unboxing disney toys, as they eat kinder eggs.

Whilst reviewing the latest iPhone and blowing something up.

When can we expect this video?  I promise to watch it 50 times whether I like it or not  :-DD

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 02:19:05 am »
PROCESSED CHEDDAR - is not cheese.  e.g. those slabs of plastic sandwich filler.
It wasn't even Cheddar cheese before it was processed, but just what the heck was it? The people of Cheddar should really engage in some trademark enforcement, even if there is only one cheese making operation actually left in the Cheddar Gorge.

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 02:19:32 am »
They're also illegal in the states.
Wait, seriously?
On what grounds/excuses?

Potential choking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#United_States

If you scroll up a little three children died in the UK after choking on toys inside the eggs in the year 2000.

Let's get this into perspective.

A few kids might die from choking on a Kinder surprise, but many more kids die in the USA due to being shot dead. You can get fined US$2,500 for bringing in a kinder surprise egg into the USA, but it is legal for any drongo to own a gun. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/toddler-accidentally-shoots-woman-in-idaho-walmart-9950847.html

90 guns per 100 people in the USA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

In Australia, we can buy Kinder Suprises at the local store without the risk of getting shot. I know of no cases whgere kids have choked on a Kinder Surprise in this country. And I can walk anywhere in this country and know that I will be safe from some loser pulling a gun on me.

Offline george graves

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 02:29:03 am »

Ha!  I wonder how many views she gets just cause people want to see who the number one youtuber is?  Blah!  :scared:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:30:46 am by george graves »

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 02:49:28 am »

Ha!  I wonder how many views she gets just cause people want to see who the number one youtuber is?  Blah!  :scared:
This is the same as the general problem with bad movies, bad novels, and pretty much anything else bad in some form of media. Its natural to want to see just what the stuff is like, but if you do you've helped make a profit for it.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 03:41:28 am »
Fun fact, insect contamination up to a certain percentage is considered (by the FDA) a cosmetic defect, not a food safety issue. Same for hair, mold, maggots and feces. For fruit juice it's something insane like 4 maggots per liter. Not sure what the European standard is, probably similar.
Nothing wrong with that. It helps to make this food healthier, because it adds some more protein to otherwise mostly sugar and fat :-DD
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 06:39:08 am »
The difference is she has titties. People like titties. Or will watch videos for the potential titties

And beer... I thought I had made that point already?

Here - more evidence.

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 06:42:31 am »
also the plastic "egg", you can never get them opened so you end up biting on them which makes them "pop" apart. Haven't had one in along time but I believe they are now as signle part and have holes in them

Damn, really? They used to make the best 'wet, motorcycle-riding, tobacco and papers holder' going...

My supposedly 'dry lined' inside pocket was a sponge, but nothing got through that little yellow egg. My friends without fingernails weren't so happy, but if they choose to lose an evolutionary advantage, fk em...

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 09:47:22 am »
Let's get this into perspective.

A few kids might die from choking on a Kinder surprise, but many more kids die in the USA due to being shot dead. You can get fined US$2,500 for bringing in a kinder surprise egg into the USA, but it is legal for any drongo to own a gun. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/toddler-accidentally-shoots-woman-in-idaho-walmart-9950847.html

90 guns per 100 people in the USA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

In Australia, we can buy Kinder Suprises at the local store without the risk of getting shot. I know of no cases whgere kids have choked on a Kinder Surprise in this country. And I can walk anywhere in this country and know that I will be safe from some loser pulling a gun on me.

Or even further in perspective: In the US, choking is the leading cause of injury and death among children, especially those younger than 4 years of age. The majority of choking-related incidents among children are associated with food, coins and toys.

On average, a child will die every 5 days in the United States from choking on food - so they should just ban food for anyone likely to choke, right? More kids have died from eating hot-dogs than ever died on a Kinder toy...

Idiocracy is alive and well in the US.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 10:34:42 am »

Yeah, because the penal code in your country is so much better.

Brunei Sharia penal code

Seriously, why does everything has to revolve around us? People should clean up their own backyards before pointing fingers  ::)

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »
Looks like someone got what they used to be called :P

Offline Rigby

• Super Contributor
  • Learning, very new at this. Righteous Asshole, too
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:29 pm »
They're also illegal in the states.

No joke!  You can get serious fines for trying to bring those over the border.   

They used to be.  They aren't anymore, I'm told.

Edit: I read somewhere last month that the toy is now encapsulated inside a plastic shell, so the choking hazard goes away.

Of course, now, I can't find a damn thing to support my memory.  Maybe I'm schizo...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:12:19 pm by Rigby »

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:32 pm »
Kinder Eggs used to be great back in the 80ies when I was a kid. The "chocolate" tasted great and the toys used to be cool.
I haven't had a Kinder Egg in 20 years or so until a couple of months ago my employer brought a whole palette of the things in to work. We each got one and the male workforce reverted back to little boys, as you'd expect. The guys who got a car in their egg were the kings. I only got a stupid crocodile :(.
The chocolate is disgusting, btw. We all agreed it used to be better, probably is still the same muck as 25 years ago, though.

They changed the yellow capsule that holds the toy, it used to be two halves pushed together now it's a hinged lid affair.

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 09:53:51 pm »
Kinder Eggs used to be great back in the 80ies when I was a kid. The "chocolate" tasted great and the toys used to be cool.
I haven't had a Kinder Egg in 20 years or so until a couple of months ago my employer brought a whole palette of the things in to work. We each got one and the male workforce reverted back to little boys, as you'd expect. The guys who got a car in their egg were the kings. I only got a stupid crocodile :(.
The chocolate is disgusting, btw. We all agreed it used to be better, probably is still the same muck as 25 years ago, though.

They changed the yellow capsule that holds the toy, it used to be two halves pushed together now it's a hinged lid affair.

Used to put a load of freezer spray into one of those capsules, throw onto a colleges bench and giggle as it pops.
Yes, I know so immature :)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 11:31:17 pm »
The difference is she has titties. People like titties. Or will watch videos for the potential titties

And beer... I thought I had made that point already?

Here - more evidence.

There's beer?  Where?
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 11:36:40 pm »

Yeah, because the penal code in your country is so much better.

Brunei Sharia penal code

Seriously, why does everything has to revolve around us? People should clean up their own backyards before pointing fingers  ::)

Why?  Because it makes them feel better about themselves.  Carroll Shelby once said that it was better to have people say bad things about you than nothing at all, at least they are taking notice.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2015, 08:18:16 am »
Not my country...

But the last time I looked, yours was locking up more of your fellow citizens than any other single country in the world, both in raw numbers and as a rate - and when it comes to executing them, you are right up there.

The last execution in Brunei was in 1957.

Seriously, why does everything has to revolve around us?

Because you pretend you are the best. It's called the Tall Poppy Syndrome.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 08:41:26 am »
We don't pretend anything the rest pretend for us :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf