General > General Technical Chat

Memristor . . . what?

(1/3) > >>

DJPhil:
I'd never heard of a memristor before, and I stumbled on . The speaker is R. Stanley Williams from HP Labs.

It's a bit long at 47min or so, but if you've got the time it seems like a really good intro to the topic. I wonder if this will turn out to be the sort of thing our grandchildren wonder how we lived without. :)

safarir:
Lot of information for my young brain but very interresting

Kiriakos-GR:
I am a practical man by nature  ;D   Still I did read the Wiki explanation , and watch the 25% of the video.

The Memristor theory could possibly improve the accuracy of the fresh designed electronic devices,
by adding more factors in the calculation, of the actual values of parts that are going to be used.

The need about such accuracy, was not important so far to us ..  because we use in our electronics, large in size components , with large tolerances.

The development of lithography , with the help of  Carl Zeiss and their optics,
had move so fast ,  that now anything can be build , in a very small size.

By my understanding, in a such microscopic environment, every little factor looks important.

And , every theory related in to such perfection, it will create more advanced electronic devices.

And because all ready , all this progress that we have so far , does not help the people ,
but only SONY about making playstations ,  and the Army about making smart bombs - air plains with out pilots, and generally , we have loose the true goals as human race , about the proper use of our technology.
So I prefer to go for a Pizza and a beer , and burn some gas as long we have some of it, and spent my energy in more humanly friendly activities.        

Simon:
gee whats the matter with you tonight ?  ???

Sounds like an incredible advancement in low power and high speed devices, the sort of thing that will put the average desktop pc into a single chip, incredible

Kiriakos-GR:

--- Quote from: Simon on May 01, 2010, 08:28:58 pm ---gee whats the matter with you tonight ?  ???

Sounds like an incredible advancement in low power and high speed devices, the sort of thing that will put the average desktop pc into a single chip, incredible

--- End quote ---

Well recently I have start acting as a real Greek, and started to philosophize things..  :)

I have upgrade eleven times my CPU , and still do the same things with my computer.
I have two powerful desktops one strong laptop , one strong PDA , and one fast 3G mobile phone.
And every time that I am trying to use them , there is in front of me web pages giving directions of how to spent my money paying for extra services and parts , that i do not need.

Since the time that technology become the most important merchandise , I think that we lost the game.
I believe that its Not the most valuable thing than all .

Anyway I do not expect from any one to agree with me , I just follow the forum legacy ...

No script ... no fear  .. all opinion ..  ;D    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version