Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S6 battery swap  (Read 1431 times)

Offline NiaDebesisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Samsung Galaxy S6 battery swap
« on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:29 pm »
Hello guys, I have seen a lot of people on the net swapping the s6 battery with the S7-S7E battery, wich has a lot of mAh.
I was thinking to do the same with mine, and other friends of mine are interested to perform this mod
Now, I am pretty sure that changing a battery, with another, having the same voltage (same number of cells), more less same capacity (500mAh) will not give me any problems, and they are of the same size S7-S6 (S7E is slighly more thick)
This could be a big improvement for a phone like that, bacause the only con that I have found in it (in 2.5 years) is the capacity of the battery
This mod can save my money, because buying a mew phone, just for the battery (because I use it only for work) is a waste of money

What you think about that guys?

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 battery swap
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:43:24 pm »
It's not clear if you're talking about putting an s6 battery in an s7, or an s7 battery in an s6?
Either way, I don't see the problem. If they're compatible, they're compatible. End of story.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:54:48 pm »
It's not clear if you're talking about putting an s6 battery in an s7, or an s7 battery in an s6?
Either way, I don't see the problem. If they're compatible, they're compatible. End of story.

S7 in S6 (sorry for the english)
I  readed about people that can' t turn on tha phone after the battery change, and I was trying to figure out why, because the battery is cinnected to the mobo only wit a connector (pretty easy to detach)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:00:27 pm »
Someone said that the capacity of the s7 battery in the s6 dreased drastically afther few months of working..and I think thats kinda strange, fault of the battery probably

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:16:26 pm »
Someone said that the capacity of the s7 battery in the s6 dreased drastically afther few months of working..and I think thats kinda strange, fault of the battery probably

They may have bent the pack slightly thus damaging it when removing it from the other handset. It's common for Lithium Polymer packs to be glued down inside phones. This is why Samsung routinely replace the battery just as a standard measure when getting your screen replaced (even if your old battery has nothing wrong with it).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf