Author Topic: Missile guidance for dummies with an IQ of over 240  (Read 15045 times)

Offline grenert

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Missile guidance for dummies with an IQ of over 240
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 03:22:26 am »
Err...tell that to the people inside them?
They're just little plastic pieces on the map to the old guys who send them there.

Offline SG-1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 06:40:17 am »
I really do not see that misssle guidance system working properly with out a Rockwell Retro-Encbulator integrated into the system.

Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 06:48:55 am »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2012, 09:09:13 am »
I read a book by someone who was in control of tank production in the US during WW2 (who I cannot remember the name of) It was titled "the business of tanks" ( or something like that) the main jist was that the production of volume at uniform quality during WW2 was more important to tank warfare for the allies than perfection. The British kept tinkering with design as they went constantly making improvements this slowed up production, The German's produced designs that were so sophisticated and required so much exotic alloys and complex machining, The Russians had  the best design but poor quality control. That left the US with a tank which although not perfect was able to be produced in reliably in large quantities.

The very first welding plant I had, I bought from my brother in law, it was a petrol driven Lincoln of WW2 vintage, One of his men showed me how it worked, he had repaired the shot up tanks during the war. They were first given a quick hose out and then a plate was clamped on the inside of the hole and they would fill in the hole with weld using one of these Lincoln welders, apparently the smell of roasting pork was overpowering during this process.     

Offline electroguy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 12:03:07 pm »
lol
There are 10 types of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't!

Offline steve_w

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 06:26:42 am »
That retro entabulator is a fake, gee talk about fake transistors, now its fake videos where will this end.  I'll post the original on Tuesday when I go to work.  I use the entabulator as an icebreaker for training sessions.  Funny the number of newly graduated engineers who's eyes glaze over and try to understand.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf