Author Topic: Moderation reports  (Read 501481 times)

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
Re: Moderation reports
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2015, 11:44:30 pm »
Hate to be a pest and not sure if this is right place to ask this, but is there any reason my thread was closed? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/on-subject-of-hung-wung-low/

I figured Dave and others would get a kick out of it.  Just poking fun at cheap Chinese stuff with bad English.

If I broke a rule, I just want to know. 

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2015, 11:54:01 pm »
While I dislike all this insane, trollish, flamebait, undervalued dangerous situation...

I think that guy had enough. Why do you publish his real name? Are you going to ban him in real life? Send him to prison? Throwing stones to him?

This situation got extremely out of control. Please learn from the mistakes and let this shit not happen AGAIN.

- No drama.
- No shit.
- No trolling.
- No flamebait.
- No personal attacks.
- No public harassment.
- No disclosing information. Remember AutoTRAX developer. got banned mainly because of that!

Are you going to autoban? And I'm not referring at the German word or the Kraftwerk song.

P E A C E       A N D     R E S P E C T   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:52:59 am by EEVblog »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2015, 12:47:05 am »
I agree. I hope Simon edits his post quickly to remove the name. Unless it is another alias...
And if revealing someone's name gets you a ban then how to ban a moderator?  :popcorn:
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2015, 01:55:36 am »
I agree. I hope Simon edits his post quickly to remove the name. Unless it is another alias...
And if revealing someone's name gets you a ban then how to ban a moderator?  :popcorn:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2015, 07:05:36 am »
- No drama.
- No shit.
- No trolling.
- No flamebait.
- No personal attacks.
- No public harassment.
- No disclosing information. Remember AutoTRAX developer. got banned mainly because of that!

Be careful what you wish for.
My greatest mistake on this forum since it started was not deleting Mojochans account when he asked me to. I was nice and gave him a chance. My mistake.
In return he has caused no end of problems, and now tries to spam this forum with dick picks, fake accounts impersonating other people, and other childish behavior.
Maybe we should just ban everyone at the first sign of trouble? Make my trigger finger itchy and anyone could be next. Do you really want a forum like that?

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2015, 09:41:59 am »
Over half this thread is on this mojochan guy.  :palm:

I personally like how this forum is moderated.  Very hands off - let the grownups be grownups, but get rid of the dicks when it gets to be too much.

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2015, 01:50:58 pm »
Can we ban EEVblag for these dick posts.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
Was that a disclosure of someones name? Where will it stop? Who will be next?
The next guy who creates another profile every day, and published enlarged images of his penis, can maybe be next.

What if the banned member receives additional harrassment as a result, where does the responsibility lay?
In his behavour, I guess.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2015, 02:01:21 pm »
Are you going to ban him in real life? Send him to prison? Throwing stones to him?
No baby, that will not happen.

... Please learn from the mistakes and let this shit not happen AGAIN.
- No drama.
- No shit.
- No trolling.
- No flamebait.
- No personal attacks.
- No public harassment.
To who exactly are you dictating that?
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »
I personally like how this forum is moderated.  Very hands off - let the grownups be grownups, but get rid of the dicks when it gets to be too much.
+1. Most of us have an outspoken opinion, are not afraid to type it down, and are adult enough to read another opinion.

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »
+1. Most of us have an outspoken opinion, are not afraid to type it down, and are adult enough to read another opinion.
Someone is not being especially adult at present  |O

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2015, 02:36:34 pm »

+1
Indeed.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »
Are you going to ban him in real life? Send him to prison? Throwing stones to him?
No baby, that will not happen.

I was sarcastically opining about publishing personal information of users here. No way, this is an extreme punishing way.

Anyway, many of us overreacted about it. I'm sorry, but we weren't aware about being a nickname taken from some historic Chinese stuff.

... Please learn from the mistakes and let this shit not happen AGAIN.
- No drama.
- No shit.
- No trolling.
- No flamebait.
- No personal attacks.
- No public harassment.
To who exactly are you dictating that?

Everyone, no exceptions. Feel free to certitude my mistakes too.

I know I act foolish and annoying sometimes or maybe more than that. I'm sorry, it's something I try to fix ;)

My greatest mistake on this forum since it started was not deleting Mojochans account when he asked me to. I was nice and gave him a chance. My mistake.
In return he has caused no end of problems, and now tries to spam this forum with dick picks, fake accounts impersonating other people, and other childish behavior.
Maybe we should just ban everyone at the first sign of trouble? Make my trigger finger itchy and anyone could be next. Do you really want a forum like that?

Well, I for sure wouldn't cry and put penises everywhere.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I act wrong. Feel free to say it publicly or send me a PM about it. I'll try to fix my errors and learn the lesson. I would understand a temporal or definitive ban, it happened me before.

I know it can seem nonsense, but sometimes I act impulsively and immature for no reason and i feel very bad after doing it. I don't want to victimize myself, just make others understand people can be assholes unintentionally.

I forget those that are aware and make efforts to improve their mind/brain, but those stubborn and attacking ones are lost causes until they realize how full of shit they are. I know it because I was even worse than these days, and I need to improve A LOT MORE.

I really appreciate a lot when people make me be aware of my mistakes, even better if constructively. I'm trying it, but it's a bit hard.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2015, 02:48:09 pm »
Someone is not being especially adult at present  |O

And he actually donated money in order to do it.  He has "contributor" status.   :-DD

Well, whatever.  I've got some prototype boards to order.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2015, 02:53:33 pm »
And he actually donated money in order to do it.  He has "contributor" status.   :-DD

Donate money = supporter.
Post anything (even dicks) = contributor.

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2015, 03:04:55 pm »
- No drama.
- No shit.
- No trolling.
- No flamebait.
- No personal attacks.
- No public harassment.

Being too lax hurts the harmony of a forum, so does being too strict.
I moderated an online gaming forum for a year and know the difficulty involved in being successful at that job. I think overall you have found the "Sweet Spot" in terms of moderation.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2015, 03:10:44 pm »

Woops...my mistake. The other way was funnier, though...cheered up my morning. 

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »

Woops...my mistake. The other way was funnier, though...cheered up my morning.

Supporter even has some perks, you get to see the sausage being made in part, and get the cricket convention in the supporters lounge as a bonus.

Ah well, rain in a drought..........

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »
ATTENTION

Please DO NOT post any of MojoChan's alleged names or any information regarding him.
Do NOT mention him again, please, I want all this to just stop.
I do not want this issue to destroy the forum.
The site is being inundated with dick pics, fake accounts imitating moderators, and now abuse reports to Cloudflare and my hosting provider.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:55:47 pm by EEVblog »

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2015, 11:24:32 pm »
That's really sad, Dave. If you need help tracking down the culprit, let me know. I spent most of my life in IT, so I've got resources that can backtrack through proxies and relays to find originating IPs, along with contacts at CloudFlare and most major hosting companies.

On another note, Simon, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Did you get it?

Sent from my Tablet
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2015, 12:05:31 am »
That's really sad, Dave. If you need help tracking down the culprit, let me know. I spent most of my life in IT, so I've got resources that can backtrack through proxies and relays to find originating IPs, along with contacts at CloudFlare and most major hosting companies.

On another note, Simon, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Did you get it?

Sent from my Tablet

Dave really needs to harden a lot the security, I think...

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2015, 03:42:38 am »
Do NOT mention him again, please, I want all this to just stop.
The site is being inundated with dick pics, fake accounts imitating moderators, and now abuse reports to Cloudflare and my hosting provider.
Indeed the best way to get trolls like these to stop is to ignore them. They'll get bored and give up sooner or later.

I never cared much for him, neither do I now.

"Keep calm and carry on."

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2015, 07:09:08 am »
Dave,
I see you have recently modified the FORUM RULES - PLEASE READ thread/post.
As it's a long (but important) wall of text, when you change it could you please leave some sort of 'changelog', e.g. "EDIT: added points 11), 12)".

Thanks

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:04 am »

Wiping the "Wun Hung Lo" thread completely off the forum would be a good start. Why is it still going? Locking it isn't going to suffice.
Presumably because, going by the number of replies and views, it's a very popular thread so removing it doesn't make any sense.

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:57 am »
The advice I gave goes for all, if you don't like it stay out of it. Much of it was very civilized and informing when adult members were having a sensible discussion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf