Author Topic: Moderation reports  (Read 501501 times)

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
Re: Moderation reports
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2015, 02:42:09 am »
Guys, just curious, what happened to the "Solar BS" thread with the guy "measuring" the roadway with a multimeter? Did someone external have a whinge?

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2015, 03:59:41 am »
Guys, just curious, what happened to the "Solar BS" thread with the guy "measuring" the roadway with a multimeter? Did someone external have a whinge?

What do you mean?

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/crowd-funded-projects/more-solar-roadway-like-nonsense/

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2015, 04:18:19 am »

What do you mean?

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/crowd-funded-projects/more-solar-roadway-like-nonsense/

That's the one. I didn't realise it got moved. All good :-)

Offline apelly

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »
I don't report much stuff.

Is it just me, or does the reason/comment field seem extremely small to you guys too?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2015, 01:29:02 pm »
It does hold a lot of text though. I generally try to keep the report to about the length of a SMS (140chars) so you write a succinct description, the mods are not exactly clueless, they get the post, the comment and that really is all the info they need, your report needs not to be large.

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 07:00:33 am »
It is a bit on the small side but as far as i know you can put as much text in as you want, I have received reports spanning a few lines and they have been useful but most often for spam or name calling the current box is enough.

If you have something that needs a detailed description you can always PM or email me.

Offline mav_iqdirect

• Contributor
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2015, 12:06:25 pm »
Hi, All! Recently I wrote a post on EEVblog forum and I wanted to make some corrections to the post itself and to profile. But my account was banned for some unknown reason without any notice.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »
Hi, All! Recently I wrote a post on EEVblog forum and I wanted to make some corrections to the post itself and to profile. But my account was banned for some unknown reason without any notice.

Your account is not banned. If it was you wouldn't be able to post here!

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2015, 12:48:16 pm »

Your account is not banned. If it was you wouldn't be able to post here!

He's talking about his original account:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/profile/?u=110608
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline mav_iqdirect

• Contributor
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2015, 12:50:28 pm »
He's talking about his original account:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/profile/?u=110608

Yes, you are right. This is my original account. Sorry I didn't specify it for the first time.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2015, 06:02:48 pm »
Can we please get Iliya the hell off this forum now? He's beyond using this as a place to bicker with his customers - he just publicly posted a customer's private address (and then deleted it) because he was pissed! That's 4chan shit. We don't need that here, this forum shouldn't be the gutter of the EE community. (post deleted from the rough vicinity of above this one).
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline ccs46

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2015, 06:09:09 pm »
Can we please get Iliya the hell off this forum now? He's beyond using this as a place to bicker with his customers - he just publicly posted a customer's private address (and then deleted it) because he was pissed! That's 4chan shit. We don't need that here, this forum shouldn't be the gutter of the EE community. (post deleted from the rough vicinity of above this one).
I +1 this.
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. - Scott Adams

Offline Bob F.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2015, 06:55:22 pm »
Yeah - he went way beyond acceptable there.  All the rest was just him digging himself ever deeper  :popcorn:  but that was unacceptable (and probably criminal under The Data Protection Act as he lives in the UK).

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2015, 07:35:33 pm »

I get that you are pissed and also that he posted someone's (non-customer) address because that person was in his own words fishing (to me looks more like trolling, by taunting Iliya that he was going to post a cracked version of Iliya's software). I also get that he is highly unprofessional (Iliya) but what I also get is that even if you are a costumer of his, you have somewhat a vested interest since after all you work on a competing product.

So, even if I don't like how Iliya behaves, I think there is a conflict of interest in your request and it's a bit unprofessional to even request it. Looking at that thread and how more wood keeps on being thrown to the fire with insults left and right I think there are more than one to blame.

Granted, Iliya gets rattled easily, but the people that keeps on rattling him are a bit at fault as well.

To me it all comes down to this, people complaint that the software is no longer free and keep pushing him to make it free, he doesn't want it but they keep pushing him, he explodes and everything gets out of control.

At least that's what my observation is from reading what happened.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2015, 07:41:45 pm »
Good thing it's only a request and I don't actually have the power to do it, then. Not that I wouldn't have done it a looooong time ago if I had. I have ops on #eevblog and he'd have lasted a good twenty minutes tops there. People like him drag down the level of any place they go.

Besides, it's plain to anyone that I'm not trying to get rid of him to encourage people to use KiCad. Come on. It's an open source project, I don't make any money off it, I have no interest in getting more people to use it. I have flat out told people not to use it until after the next release, because the previous one was complete crap.

And like I said, I think his ass should be banned for sharing private information, not arguing. That's not even slightly related to my work on KiCad. It's not related to insults, arguing, bickering between sides, or anything. I've never suggested someone should be banned here for arguing. I'd be a massive bloody hypocrite if I did that, I'm hardly the model for being unargumentative (at least on this forum). Iliya is only the second person I've ever wanted to ban, not counting outright spammers, since I joined this forum; the other was Bored@Work who absolutely delighted in viciously attacking newbies. There is no excuse for what he did.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:48:18 pm by c4757p »
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Online firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2015, 03:29:29 pm »
by taunting Iliya that he was going to post a cracked version of Iliya's software).

No, that it not true. I was referring to the free version Iliya gave us. No crack, no reverse engineering, no nothing. Everyone was able to download it by a simple click on a url. No EULA no, nothing. Just another free program. When he stated that he didn;t wanted users to share it I respected his wish. What he did before stating his will, was the bad thing.

What if he decides tomorrow that he doesn't want people using the free version on their computers? Send a Cease and Desist order to every email that download the free version (at some point you had to give him an email for the free version. Later on it was a single click to download)?

The "fishing" wasn;t intended as trolling him. I was expecting a response for the new version tbh. Something like "You can use/share the old version, but the one one is really better".

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2015, 04:43:08 pm »
Can you move the QucsStudio thread from General Chat to Open Source stuff? Please.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2015, 10:31:47 pm »
I'd like to report a post but the report link doesn't appear on it, presumably because it is by a moderator. Is there some way I can do it?
Oh dear.
This does suggest they are a law unto themselves.  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2015, 10:35:01 pm »
I'd like to report a post but the report link doesn't appear on it, presumably because it is by a moderator. Is there some way I can do it?
Send Dave a PM with a link to the post which you feel violates the rules?

You could also PM the poster asking them to consider removing/editing it.

Offline Balaur

• Supporter
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2015, 11:08:36 pm »
the other was Bored@Work who absolutely delighted in viciously attacking newbies

I miss that curmudgeon.  :'(

Each year in our industry makes you like him more. After a couple of decades you'll come to appreciate his well balanced and mildly mannered online persona and start wishing for him to be more outspoken.  >:D

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 12:53:49 am »
the other was Bored@Work who absolutely delighted in viciously attacking newbies

I miss that curmudgeon.  :'(

Each year in our industry makes you like him more. After a couple of decades you'll come to appreciate his well balanced and mildly mannered online persona and start wishing for him to be more outspoken.  >:D

Was he banned,or did he just get bored? ;D

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 12:57:23 am »
Was he banned,or did he just get bored? ;D

He was temporarily banned and never returned.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2015, 12:58:25 am »

Let me guess, it's my recent post shutting down that thread that was headed down the feminist black hole?

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2015, 10:43:24 am »
Apparently, the guy's mangina still hurts from those comments.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2015, 01:48:45 pm »
I went and read the thread. I think Mojo was not treated fairly. I don't think the comments relating to Mojo were justified. The thread could have been closed without specific personal public comment. That thread went off the rails long before. Stronger reasons to close it existed.

I have not read the thread, all I know is that Mojochan will continue to rant about feminism ad nauseum, there will be no end, he's done it countless times before, that's why it was shut down.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf