Author Topic: Moderation reports  (Read 503344 times)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
Re: Moderation reports
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2020, 04:08:10 pm »
They aren't worth my time for anything more than clicking on the "Report" button.

Exactly!!  Ignore the troll, and they'll usually get bored and go away.  Making a big fuss plays into their hand.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2020, 06:44:00 pm »
How did the discussion on 2FA suddenly change to moderation again? They are quite distinctly different, and no neither needs to be changed. :D

I've been banning idiots since the 80s and it's still exactly the same motives. Spam and new or sleeper nuisance/troll users should have posts removed or hidden if possible as it's their agenda to permanently taint the forum. If you want to get rid of them long term though there are ways of doing that as well.

However, it's not the end of the world to let them come back and contribute to the forums ad revenue until they raise the alarm again. The more they do this the more helpful it is building up a dossier of services to block that identifies other nuisance users at the same time, aka honeypot.

If they remain loyal haters and pitch in, let them waste their life. But I mean coming back to Dave for this long seems like there might be some underlying sexual reasons, not that it's bad to sexually express yourself but Daves happily married and i think the chance of a hater hookup is pretty low at this point. Sometimes you have to take it on the chin, cut your losses and move on and find love elsewhere.

As I mentioned Dave/Simon if you don't like the word "banned" you can use a more friendly word that is understandable to all users.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2020, 06:46:26 pm »
Thanks for making me smile, whether that was an intended pun or not. :)

No he didn't realize it, whats your IQ? I'm surprised you picked that up.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #603 on: March 11, 2020, 07:12:31 pm »
Thanks for making me smile, whether that was an intended pun or not. :)

No he didn't realize it, whats your IQ? I'm surprised you picked that up.

Nah, just an effect of being a non-native speaker, I guess. Reading English takes a bit more awareness for me rather than doing it on auto-pilot...

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #604 on: March 11, 2020, 07:29:35 pm »
Nah, just an effect of being a non-native speaker, I guess. Reading English takes a bit more awareness for me rather than doing it on auto-pilot...

Your right, probably increased pattern recognition. I do the same with foreign languages. Actually it's the first time I read your name properly and just realized it's muttersprache. I was reading it for some reason as Eblaster.

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2020, 07:54:56 am »
How did the discussion on 2FA suddenly change to moderation again? They are quite distinctly different, and no neither needs to be changed. :D

You need to go further back in the topic. It started on moderation and moved to 2FA as a way to help moderation.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2020, 09:31:29 am »

You need to go further back in the topic. It started on moderation and moved to 2FA as a way to help moderation.

The thread title might also serve as a clue why "moderation" is discussed here...  ;)

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #607 on: March 12, 2020, 11:04:52 am »
The thread title might also serve as a clue why "moderation" is discussed here...  ;)

Now that the low hanging fruit has been picked :). I just didn't want to wake up tomorrow to discover I need my mobile phone, pager from the 80s, thumb print and speech recognition to log into the forums. Strong passwords with protection against brute forcing and data leaks seems to be more secure than most 2FA these days due to all the exploits.

Dave/Simon you would be surprised at how minor changes to forum can have a positive or negative impact on attendance. This image attached (what many of us see when using the forums) has far more effect on how many visitors, contribution, retention and ad revenue generation than a bunch of rolandpenplotters combined. I'm not suggesting change (sorry to disappoint ad hominem forum members), I'm just pointing out the more obvious stuff that gets overlooked.

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #608 on: March 12, 2020, 11:11:56 am »
I know that people will make what seem fairly large decisions based on what seems to be flimsy reasons. 2FA on a mobile is certainly not needed for logging in. For registration alone alas worldwide it may be prohibitive. There's no need to panic. Trouble makers soon get bored.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #609 on: March 13, 2020, 01:27:13 am »
What's the issue with that screenshot? Other than the fact that it looks like it's maximized and thus consuming an enormous amount of screen real estate with useless white space. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #610 on: March 13, 2020, 02:05:40 am »
What's the issue with that screenshot? Other than the fact that it looks like it's maximized and thus consuming an enormous amount of screen real estate with useless white space. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?
I saw the same as you, but I suspect the reason for that massive screenshot is to simply make a point that the main forum screen and its various elements is what attracts or scares people, not the occasional obnoxious sociopath heckler.

Regarding the screenshot itself, I love the fact it is very clean - no ads, features, menus occupying every single empty space.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: Shock

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #611 on: March 13, 2020, 06:19:46 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/chinese-multimeter/msg2962078/#msg2962078

Really? Just.. really? Can we have rid of him already?

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #612 on: March 13, 2020, 07:04:28 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/chinese-multimeter/msg2962078/#msg2962078

Really? Just.. really? Can we have rid of him already?
In my opinion and in this particular case, CDaniel is throwing mud into the discussion. Sure, blueskull can always refrain from replying, but TBH I don't think it is that bad.

(I don't follow every discussion that delves into politics or Sino-western ideological conflicts, but the annoyance is understandable)
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #613 on: March 13, 2020, 07:38:30 pm »
It's been made clear many times and to those previously warned to report posts if something crosses the line and not engage in attacks. If you don't like what someone said you can refute it intelligently if it's incorrect or ignore it.

The following users thanked this post: Brumby, Karel

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #614 on: July 08, 2020, 02:29:57 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/should-we-continue-to-buy-from-china/

Whole thread is obviously political, and blueskull's riding his high Type 59 again.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #615 on: July 08, 2020, 03:08:42 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/should-we-continue-to-buy-from-china/

Whole thread is obviously political, and blueskull's riding his high Type 59 again.

Do you have a problem?

With the rules not being followed? Yes.

//Edit: never mind. I presume that's what a loser's supposed to do.

And it continues.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:10:18 pm by Monkeh »

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #616 on: July 08, 2020, 03:27:02 pm »
You two need a separate subforum to roll over each other.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #617 on: July 09, 2020, 02:14:42 am »
I'm currently working at a state funded but non-governmental research facility, but as my research work accumulates, I will sooner or later move to a military research facility. I will never set foot to any Western country any more, and I never wanted since I left. I've set my life goal to inflict maximum pain to the West until it learns to respect and coexist with the East on a term of equality.

I see you have stepped up the threats.

The following users thanked this post: soFPG

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #618 on: July 09, 2020, 03:37:24 am »
There is no justification for threatening people.

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #619 on: July 09, 2020, 04:04:02 am »
blueskull, some are worth engaging as they are genuine members of this forum and electronics-lovers.  Most are logical and reasonable.

Lately, there are quite a lot of dissents actually from HK and Taiwan fake registering under somewhat neutral countries trying to stir anti-China feeling and also create frictions between citizens of these relatively neutral countries and China citizens.  For that 2 posts, I saw shadows of HK dissents.  These dissents are cultivated, and openly funded and trained by CIA NGO.  Surprisingly, only with the recent security law, these treason activities have become illegal in HK.   These are organised and well thought out movement.  Best is to report them as Dave already agreed that this forum should be non-political, and not fall into their traps and waste time engaging them. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:08:29 am by all_repair »

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #620 on: July 09, 2020, 10:37:36 am »
Lately, there are quite a lot of dissents actually from HK and Taiwan fake registering under somewhat neutral countries trying to stir anti-China feeling and also create frictions between citizens of these relatively neutral countries and China citizens.  For that 2 posts, I saw shadows of HK dissents.  These dissents are cultivated, and openly funded and trained by CIA NGO.  Surprisingly, only with the recent security law, these treason activities have become illegal in HK.   These are organised and well thought out movement.  Best is to report them as Dave already agreed that this forum should be non-political, and not fall into their traps and waste time engaging them.

Say what?!? Please stop posting such absurd conspiracy theories. Or be specific and state which of the long-standing members who spoke up in that thread you are suspecting to be CIA-sponsored sock puppets.  :palm:

The following users thanked this post: soFPG, I wanted a rude username, Simon_RL

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #621 on: July 09, 2020, 11:39:34 am »
He was talking about the current “buying from China” thread, wasn’t he? And I had another look at that, and indeed only see long-standing members posting there.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2020, 11:55:41 am »
He was talking about the current “buying from China” thread, wasn’t he? And I had another look at that, and indeed only see long-standing members posting there.
So you are accusing from mere speculation?

Blueskull, please leave this thread, it is not your personal venting section.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #623 on: July 09, 2020, 12:06:45 pm »
So you are accusing from mere speculation?

You are no longer thinking straight. It was all_repair who was accusing members of being CIA agents.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #624 on: July 09, 2020, 12:25:47 pm »
Oh FFS Blueskull, do NOT post in this thread again. It is NOT a tat-for-tat-argument thread. Last warning.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf