Author Topic: Mouser Raspberry Pi 5's...  (Read 368 times)

Offline bdbellTopic starter

Mouser Raspberry Pi 5's...
« on: January 26, 2024, 06:12:13 pm »
I ordered one on Wednesday from Mouser, they had announced a few days earlier that they were receiving less than expected, but their system was still showing almost 500 of the ones expected tomorrow when I placed the order.  Yesterday I got a notice it was being shipped the 28th instead...and then at 2:30am another update that my shipping date was now March 13th - anyone else have this happen?  Everyone else seems to have them in stock - and a lot of those likely came from Mouser...!  >:(

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Mouser Raspberry Pi 5's...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 08:03:29 pm »
Older orders, and larger orders, will get priority, and same for regular buyers.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 08:48:09 pm »
Mouser must have been filling backorders and their system doesn't show the "500" are already allocated.

PiShop.ca formerly Buy-a-Pi in Canada is also a good vendor.
RPi Locator can add to your torment.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 09:00:35 pm »
Anyways, well done RPi. I guess some of the "frenzy" over the RPi has been triggered (or at least largely aggravated) by the shortage, but it keeps going strong. They apparently produce around 400k units per month, and it's still not enough to meet demand. Crazy. Good job. Many would like to do as well on something that is essentially a 'dev board'. ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf