Author Topic: Mouser sent me the wrong part  (Read 8750 times)

Offline juliomTopic starter

Mouser sent me the wrong part
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:59:59 am »
Hi guys, I am new to this forum.  :)
I need some help. I just bought some parts from MOUSER but I think they sent me a wrong part.  :--
I ordered the TPN8R903, TSON package, but they sent me some 4560, SOIC package.

Do you have any idea what is that 4560? (maybe an OpAmp) It doesn't seem to have any logo.  :-//

This is very disappointing, I can't imagine how many SMD capacitors or inductors (no markings to identify the parts) they send wrong  :palm:

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Mouser sent me the wrong part
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:13:45 am »
I looked at the device datasheet and it really looks like it is the wrong device - the markings stated there are very different.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Voodoo 6

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 01:33:03 am »

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 05:05:08 am »
Ya. Happens from time to time.  Just order it again.

Since it's just one I suppose there's no point in sending it back.  Just tell 'em it was a mistake and they'll probably send the right part for free, too.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 07:59:28 am »
Hi guys, I am new to this forum.  :)
I need some help. I just bought some parts from MOUSER but I think they sent me a wrong part.  :--
I ordered the TPN8R903, TSON package, but they sent me some 4560, SOIC package.

Do you have any idea what is that 4560? (maybe an OpAmp) It doesn't seem to have any logo.  :-//

This is very disappointing, I can't imagine how many SMD capacitors or inductors (no markings to identify the parts) they send wrong  :palm:
none.
not yet at least.
though sometimes error happens. somebody must have bulk ordered all 0805 resistors he could find. two different cheapo's went out of stock while they were processing my order so i couldn't see it. they apologized instantly and will send the stuff for free as soon as it becomes available

have you even considered contacting them? they have very excellent customer support.

Offline hans

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 08:01:54 am »
Just call them up and have them send you the correct parts.

For small parts like this, I can't imagine they want you to send it back.

I've had wrong parts sent to me by RS and Farnell before, and all were very compliant in getting the right goods to me. I'm sure Mouser will have the same level of standards.

Offline matseng

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Github
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 08:18:41 am »
Some 25 years ago I got lucky and received a nice Weller soldering station instead of some small cheap parts like a bag of caps or so.  Having spent thousands upon thousands of dollars from the company I didn't feel too bad about keeping it. ;-)

I'm still using it today as a secondary iron with a larger tip inserted. But the plastic in the handle have started to crack after all these years, so maybe it's time to retire the poor thing.

Offline Voodoo 6

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 08:47:10 am »
Edited.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:06:19 am by Voodoo 6 »

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 09:50:01 am »
Ya wouldn't feel to annoyed if they sent you a reel of these by mistake  :-DD

Although. I'm not sure a reel of those actually exists anywhere on earth.
Perhaps it could be needed for some military stuff maybe.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/xilinx-inc/XCVU440-2FLGA2892E/XCVU440-2FLGA2892E-ND/6132314
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:52:11 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 11:44:32 am »
4560 is used in in truck load of analog mixing desks so its not a bad device as such!

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 02:37:17 pm »
you didnt post a pic of the label outside the bag...

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »
The fun starts when the foulup is in your supplier's goods inward process rather than their order picking process. 

We tried to order 5 off of a particular semiconductor (probably a line output transistor but I don't remember the details) and got five bags of ten right angle PCB mount dual phono connectors, labelled with the stock code of the transistor!   By the time we'd dragged our rep into it and they got it semi-sorted out, they'd sent us another two batches of phono connectors, and we'd sourced the correct part elsewhere, so our distributer's rep cancelled the order item they'd spent the last month trying to fulfill unsuccessfully.   He didn't want the phono connectors back either (presumably because they were fairly low value and they'd have had to rebag them all) so we ended up with a draw full.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 04:30:51 pm »
The fun starts when the foulup is in your supplier's goods inward process rather than their order picking process. 

fixing these mishaps belongs to what is called "reverse logistics" and in few companies does this area work well

Offline juliomTopic starter

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 07:35:33 pm »
I just contacted them and they sent me the part for free  :-+ I am just waiting for it to arrive.

I remember reading some sort of Mouser advertising about "you receive exactly the quantity you need" I thought they used some sort of automated robotic system with triple checking before sending packages out, but they don't  :-\

I am going to keep buying from them but now I am going to check every package to be sure of what I receive

I bought some time ago an Amazon Kindle, the product went missing  :-// They said it was just one in millions of packages.
If a killer just kill one in five billion people, why does he go to jail?  :horse:

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 07:41:44 pm »
"you receive exactly the quantity you need"
And they kept their promise, sent the right quantity, different part though  :).

Offline station240

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 11:01:14 pm »
Why wonder, they made a video of their warehouse.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:19:15 pm »
Mouser has sent me the correct parts for free even when the mistake was *100% mine*. 

:-+

Offline matseng

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Github
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 08:45:18 am »
I remember reading some sort of Mouser advertising about "you receive exactly the quantity you need" I thought they used some sort of automated robotic system with triple checking before sending packages out, but they don't  :-\
That sounds very good to me.... I order just 10 pcs but I really need 45 of them, so they will send all 45 to me anyways.  That is an absolutely fabulous service :-DD

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »
Mouser has sent me the correct parts for free even when the mistake was *100% mine*. 
 :-+

Farnell sends me parts not even ordered for free! Multiple times! :-+
I collect them in a "special parts" box!

But this is nothing compared what can hapen at the big elephants, i once worked for one of these and we regularly got resistor/cap's e.g 10kohm for the first e.g 3000 units the rest 2000 was 100kohm, sometimes , not often but it hapend now and then, we could get triple different values on the reel! This from the big manufacturers, Murata, Vishay, KOA, AVX, etc, etc. This was very expensive as it needed manual refitting later in the mounting process. :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:16:01 pm by MT »

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 01:43:12 pm »

fixing these mishaps belongs to what is called "reverse logistics" and in few companies does this area work well

I've heard one guy get by asking how many they had in stock and ordering that plus the number he needed so they'd have to restock

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 02:14:56 pm »

I've heard one guy get by asking how many they had in stock and ordering that plus the number he needed so they'd have to restock

You have to be a bit careful if you do that.  e,g. if we'd done that it could have had two possible outcomes:
* Either our whole stockroom would have been taken up with boxes containing 50000 PCB mount phono connector.

* Or we'd have had to eat a 30% restocking fee on the 4995 transistors we didn't need  which would have had both our accountant and bank manager screaming because these were *NOT* cheap jellybean parts, even with maximum quantity discount and in that sort of quantity, would have put a serious hole in the annual budget.

As our supplier's rep couldn't get it sorted, we knew it was totally FUBARed.  IIRC the next issue of their catalog had the old ordercode discontinued and a new code for that same transistor, as that was what it took to get it unFUBARed!

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 02:19:21 pm »

If you can afford to pay the maximum price on a part and at the same time be vulnerable to availability issues, this sounds like a great way to order parts.
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf