General > General Technical Chat

Murata hates engineers

(1/4) > >>

grumpy_engineer:
So I'm trying to get some PDFs out of Murata for one of their products... and they won't give me access to the PDFs... unless I buy their dev-kit first  |O |O |O |O

What a load of bullshit, does anyone know why they do this? Do they like to lose customers?

/rant

devinatkin:
It's similar with so many companies.

The only explanation I have is that they believe their IP is worth more than it actually is. I briefly worked at a startup in an industry where guarding datasheets behind NDAs is the standard. It gets stupid frustrating trying to tell people we aren't big enough or special enough to justify hiding our datasheets like they're gold bullion. The company died, but sadly the attitude lives on.

E-Design:

--- Quote from: grumpy_engineer on December 07, 2021, 11:37:20 pm ---So I'm trying to get some PDFs out of Murata for one of their products... and they won't give me access to the PDFs... unless I buy their dev-kit first  |O |O |O |O

What a load of bullshit, does anyone know why they do this? Do they like to lose customers?

/rant

--- End quote ---

I wouldnt stand for it. Quantify the amount they will lose without your business and tell them about it. Tell them their competition is happy to provide datasheets so you can design them into your products.

There isnt time for such nonsense. move on to somebody else.

floobydust:
They're just eliminating tire kickers. Anyone serious about using the part would buy the dev kit, spend the money.
Compare with people ripping off the datasheet or only wanting samples. It does depend on the technology, if it's exclusive.

I find old, traditional manufacturers in Japan or Germany for instance, want a "relationship" before they reveal details or sell you parts. It's some kind of old school method of doing business.

ANTALIFE:
What secret sauce part is this for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version