Author Topic: Musical PIC MCU code - Chiptune on a PIC - any resources?  (Read 13950 times)

Offline glossywhiteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Re: Musical PIC MCU code - Chiptune on a PIC - any resources?
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »
Im going from bread board to PCB now. PCB and Schematic 90% done. Software , well proof of concept done, hardware drivers 90%,overall implementation 10%. Ram used in PIC 95%, Program Memory 40%.

Will be using Micro SD Card FAT 32, and 256k external SRAM,with some sort of LCD and 4 push buttons. SRAM is expandable to 1MB but mods are in the range of 50k - 200k so 256K should be enough.

Still loads of work to do.

Oh and Yes, they are TSOP 32 ram chips, not soldered anything like that before, but got hold of a bunch of these for next to nothing. Should be a challenge.

@glossywhite how far have you got? oh right your selling you PIC programmers, so i guess you've not started yet

Smug, much?

I don't recall having ever stated I was GOING to do what you're doing - I inquired as to how it was possible.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 12:49:37 pm »
my dream was to be a net social analyst

After about 30 mins of research I got bored.
That't the spirit! Give up before you've even started :P

No, no, you got it wrong there. After 30 mins my super fast intellect had mentally completed the project and i was done with it. Time to move on to the next one.
Are you kidding me? You built in in your mind, but not physically, ergo you didn't build it. I could "theoretically" build ANYTHING in my MIND, but where's the fun? You can't show it off to someone in your mind...  Build it, or don't tell me about it :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:53:39 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline glossywhiteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 08:08:24 pm »

No, no, you got it wrong there. After 30 mins my super fast intellect had mentally completed the project and i was done with it. Time to move on to the next one.
Are you kidding me? You built in in your mind, but not physically, ergo you didn't build it. I could "theoretically" build ANYTHING in my MIND, but where's the fun? You can't show it off to someone in your mind...  Build it, or don't tell me about it :)

Your second dream may have been to be a comedian... but you're not funny.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:10 pm »

Your second dream may have been to be a comedian... but you're not funny.

best we not hear about what your dream was/is we might loose the will to live  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf