Author Topic: Mythbusters  (Read 10987 times)

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Mythbusters
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 06:40:15 pm »
I never watched it much. Every time I randomly stumbled upon an episode by zapping through the channels they blew something up or had some gun to shoot at something. Pretty boring.

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »
It (was) a good show, and I watched most of the episodes, re-watching them now. It is nice to see, how the show evolved. The last 2 seasons, without the B-team, was strangely more entertaining, I must say. Not because they were not there, but because the change of the show. They used better gear to make the videos, more editing, more special effects. It was more professionally executed.
The reason for ending it is probably because they did not like each other in the beginning, and they don't do that now. It is surprising that the show is still running. Anyway, that was the last reason to switch to Discovery channel, besides Wheeler Dealers. Now it is down the drain completely.

the few late episodes I've seen it seems they were moving towards all the other shows with too much editing and special effects etc. instead of concentrating on the substance.

That's why I like Wheeler Dealers, just a guy fixing cars, none of the scripted controversies in most other shows

Offline Halvmand

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »
10 - 15 years ago, I remember when being sick from school, I would make a plan of what to see during the day.
Everything like science, space, machines, weapons and how it's made. Discovery could provide almost a whole day of entertainment.
Mythbusters was just icing on that cake. I always liked the show and the characters, though I've missed the latest seasons.
Sad to see it go away.

Offline hayatepilot

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
I actually had a tear in the eye while watching the "Grand Finale".  :'(

Farewell Mythbusters, I'm going to miss you!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf