General > General Technical Chat

need advice about starting an electronic-related business

(1/2) > >>

e0ne199:
Hello everyone,
I want to open a business about electronics design (and could be more mechatronic-related), especially those that need microcontroller for automation...
Since i am still too newbie at this (and so my skills at electronics, probably)  would you want to give me some pieces of advice or probably some ides about where to start?
I know it is currently in pandemic situation but i want to try to make a little bit income for my living..this is also my hobby...and i see there are so many electronic experts whose career is in electronics..
could i perhaps need to learn more than microcontroller, for example FPGA??
I am sorry if my question is so stupid, any answer is really appreciated, thx  ;D

bob91343:
The main problem is finding work.  Not that it's scarce, but you need a way to let the world know you are looking.  In the old days one might advertise in the telephone yellow pages.  Or newspapers or magazines.  The few of those that are still around are too expensive so you need to find a different medium.

I guess the first thing would be to create a website.  Then post messages on this or that forum, or Facebook, or other social medium.  Your presentation is very important.  You might need professional help with that.  First look at existing websites that advertise and see how it could be done.

Ed.Kloonk:
One idea is to model yourself after http://www.inmojo.com/store/krida-electronics/

Since it's your hobby, target the hobby audience. Scour the internet for common problems that beginners are having and solve it with a good product.

Easier said than done, I know. But beginners are craving more than blinking LEDs.

bob91343:
Here is an example.  I own a ham transceiver, Kenwood TS-520S.  It's not my main radio but is a throwback from 40 years ago.  One of the problems is that it's an analog radio and the frequency readout is not very precise.

A friend of mine suggested I use an arduino to measure the frequency.  So that's what I have.  Parts cost very low but it does an amazing job.  I suggested he build it as an add-on or a kit and sell it to hams.  The parts cost a few dollars and it's small and runs from 5 V.  There is a display of the frequency and it's a big improvement over the radio dial.

Rather than wait for someone to ask you to design something, you might make a gadget like this and try to sell it.  I once worked for a company that put a model number on every unit they made and put them all into a catalog.  That's one way to develop a product line.

e0ne199:
lol, thx for the idea, everyone  ;D
i think i need to find an idea for my business model first  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version