General > General Technical Chat

NEED calculation for Impedance matching transformer for vacuum tubes amp

<< < (3/3)

tecman:

--- Quote from: MTron on August 19, 2010, 06:38:55 pm ---As a direct substitution, no i dont believe so. Im not very familiar with the 6W6, while the heaters will be fine, i believe the plate voltage rating is different, as well as bias current. Not to mention the 6w6 is a tetrode with an octal base

--- End quote ---

Actually a 6W6 is apentode, not a tetrode

paul

uranium235:

--- Quote from: rossmoffett on August 20, 2010, 11:39:36 pm ---

Sourcing the EI laminates is another issue, I've still not found a source for small quantities of laminate material.

--- End quote ---

do you mean the EI is an laminated iron core?

btw

i found a site here

http://europa.spaceports.com/~fishbake/ot1/ot.htm

tecman:
EI is  type of core, made from iron materials.  It is the basis of most "conventional" transformers.  There are two pieces, ine looks like an E and the second like an I.  The I goes across the end of the E to close the magnetic path.  The laminations are alternated, typically every 1, 2 or 3 pieces.  The coil is wound and placed over the middle of the E as it is laminated.

paul

uranium235:

--- Quote from: tecman on August 21, 2010, 12:00:17 pm ---EI is  type of core, made from iron materials.  It is the basis of most "conventional" transformers.  There are two pieces, ine looks like an E and the second like an I.  The I goes across the end of the E to close the magnetic path.  The laminations are alternated, typically every 1, 2 or 3 pieces.  The coil is wound and placed over the middle of the E as it is laminated.

paul

--- End quote ---

is it the same iron core used for the power transformer??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version