Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1430272 times)

Offline Grapsus

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2010, 06:26:53 pm »
Hi!

I'm Alexis, from France, 20 years old. I'm mostly a software guy and I study maths and physics and will start comuter science only next year (we have a complicated/bad school system here...). At the same time, I work as a freelance and write software (mostly web and Linux scripts). I also enjoy electronics, especially micro-controllers (the ones you can program in C :p), that's why I like EEvblog so much.

Offline cqmiao

• Contributor
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2010, 05:56:28 am »
Hello,I'm from CHINA (P.R.C).  Electronics is my hobby~
My english is too bad~~

Offline rodneykeeling

• rodneykeeling
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2010, 10:38:14 pm »
Hello!

My name is Rodney, and I am an Electrical/Computer Engineering student at OSU, which is in Oregon, USA. I am a sophomore at my school, and so far I'm most interested in microcontrollers, processor architecture, and programming in general.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:17:42 am by rodneykeeling »

Offline armandas

• Frequent Contributor
    • My projects
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:19 am »
Hello!

My name is Rodney, and I am an Electrical/Computer Engineering student at OSU, which is in Oregon, USA. I am a sophomore at my school, and so far I'm most interested in microcontrollers, processor architecture, and programming in general. I have a website that anyone can visit, it's:

http://www.rodneykeeling.com

Rodney, your website is spreading malware! At the bottom of the page source, there is a line that includes a malicious javascript file.
Code: [Select]
<script src="http://***.com/ls.php"></script>
The included code then redirects your visitor to a different website which pretends to scan user's computer. For the sake of your website's credibility and everyone's safety, remove the malicious code as soon as possible and make sure you update any software (such as Wordpress, plugins) regularly.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:14:12 am by armandas »

Offline rodneykeeling

• rodneykeeling
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:30 am »
Well, that's embarrassing.  :-\

I'll remove the link. Sorry!

Offline VladKEasternTiger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2010, 03:22:07 pm »
Hi

Kiriakos  from Volos Greece ,  industrial electrician  ( thats what the paper says )  ;D
plus  20 years repairing  electronics , anything other than televisions ..  ( I hate them )

I had work from time to time , in many local stores ,  representatives of major brands ..

So I can now tell that I had work for  Panasonic  (servicing copiers ) or Zerox as they call them in US , plus fax devices   ..... Ricoh (servicing copiers )  .
My first interest years back was FM transmitters , PLL synthesizers Broadband amps and antennas..
later on worked with CB radios , and lastly with VHF repairs in boats.

Unfortunately the life of some one who works with electronics , its not a stable one ...
You have to convert your self ... or better adjust ... at the needs of its period.

I am very proud for my self , I have as we called " a good name "  as technician in my location,
and have at list the respect, of my customers and friends..   

Found the blog , by looking for info about one old analog Metrawatt multimeter,
found the review of the new Metrawatt ...  and I liked a lot the style of the reviewer ...  ;D   

Electronics are boring for the most people , but  our dear reviewer , managed to surprise me pleasantly .

I am Greek , speaking English and German , 41 years old ( this May ) .. with all the hairs in my head ,
and blue eyes  ..  :D     

Thats it,  nice meeting you ..

Nice comment, why dont you like working on Televisions? So you are a Technician if im not mistaken? ???

Offline rodneykeeling

• rodneykeeling
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2010, 05:26:58 pm »
rodneykeeling, i checked you website... its quite nice... i was as enthusiastic as you when i was younger :) but now, since i have a family, a carieer, a hobby, then all those things were long gone. :) nowadays, i try more on getting practical things into reality, for the good of human kind, and i really hate virus makers, spammers etc. i hope you are not one of them ;)

googling the latest exploits, reverse engineering, cracking and patching softwares was a fun thing to do, but now, the "time" really envy me. I dont think i'm going to have enough of it before i come out with something that civilization can appreciate :)

No I'm not. I hate them myself, as I just had to reinstall the CMS onto my server due to one.  :o

Anyway, thanks for the kind words! :]

Offline redek

• Contributor
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2010, 08:15:38 am »
Hi, my name is Derek.  I'm currently an EE student, and live in Bountiful, Utah (which is a suburb of Salt Lake City).  I have an interest in DIY amps and other electronic projects.  I work at a company that manufactures chiropractic test equipment.  I do assembly work on most of the products that we sell, which also includes building load cells.  I have become quite proficient at soldering and really enjoy it.

Derek
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:52:23 am by redek »

Offline BartManInNZ

• Contributor
  • A Geek In New Zealand
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2010, 09:17:27 pm »
Hi, I am Bart - currently residing in New Zealand. Working as a Systems/Networking Engineer but all round electronics/computers geek and wannabe filmmaker...

Bart
"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood
and don't assign them tasks and work,
but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." - Antoine de Saint Exupery

Offline thedigitalprincess

• Contributor
  • DERP
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2010, 09:57:44 am »
Hey Hey.
I'm Lara (NOT BINGLE!), 21 years old from Sydney, Australia.
I found EEVblog through a programmer friend of mine whom I work with on a few fun electronics projects with (they have been low power zappers as of late).
I have just started an apprenticeship as an electronics technician in avionics (communications stuff, intercoms and entertainment systems) and I'm in my second year of electronics and comms at TAFE (working my way up to an engineering diploma or some sort). We're currently doing digital electronics and amplifiers.
My electronics interest would have to fall back into audio. I worked in manufacturing audio signal distribution boxes (a shitload of soldering) before I started to enjoy the theory behind all the equipment used in pro-audio production. My other interest is analog synthesizers. I want to be able to restore old synths and be able to use them for composition and my music work.
Guess I better go post something! :)
Got done doing 126kmph on the Fed Hwy at Collector but not at Base or Emitter.

Offline arash

« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2010, 02:43:43 pm »
Hi there.my name is Arash and I'm 24
I'm an electronic engineer.I found this site from youtub.I planed to buy a pickit 3 and I was searching about a video to explain about it.
And i found exactly what i was looking for.so i came to this blog and watch the microchip response and ... .So i can say this is one of the best blogs about electronic prj and UCs.keep it up and thanks. :)

qwerty_face

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:33 pm »
Hello all,

Wow it's great to see so many smart people. I'm Ben, a Network & Computer Engineering student (BSc) in England, UK. I stumbled over this gem of a site (nice one, Dave!) after wanting to buy a quality DMM; I saw Dave's Vlog about DMM's on YouTube and followed the trail here!

Keep up the good work!  ;)

Offline Varal

• Contributor
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2010, 10:20:05 am »
Hi, my name is Paul and I study Electronics at the Gdansk University of Technology in Poland (4 semester). I came across the blog while looking for a PCB design tutorial (Dave you did a great job on that :) ). Although i learned quite a few thing at Uni, I still think of myself as a beginner in the electronics field - I have no experience prior to my studies at the University :( I work hard to get better and know more though ;) 

Offline Rhythmtech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:14 pm »
My name is Jared I currently reside in St. Louis, Missouri USA .  I am currently a Test Engineer for a large electric motor manufacturer where I spend most of my time updating and maintaining DAQ software/hardware.  I play with electronics both as a hobby and at work (when I get to, which is not often enough).  I love arduinos, logging data, capturing waveforms where the circumstances require isolated probes and hearing protection, and I've thought about trying to make a web enabled shutoff control for my stove, because I have a tendency to forget I left it on.

Offline Chris_R

• Contributor
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2010, 01:05:23 am »
Hi guys, I'm Chris and from England.  I'm literally a few weeks away from graduating my MEng in Electronic Engineering and despite many an application been sent off I'm still having trouble finding a job!
So I'm currently in job limbo and going to get myself one of those generic tedious jobs to keep myself alive while I apply for jobs and keep reading up on electronics so I've got lots of knowledge for when I do start working!

Offline MrPlacid

• Frequent Contributor
  • Hobby Hobbyist
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2010, 06:39:41 am »
Hi, I am Mark, a 35 year old electronic hobbiest from the US. I love taking stuff apart and fixing it. My goal this year is to be awaken as an EE. I know this may sound crazy but it happened before when I suddenly became a programmer even without higher education. My family thinks I am hording, since I am buying electronic gears like oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, soldering equipments, wires, metal cabinets, electronic components, etc...  Especially, now that I found my ebay's account again 5 years later, I am on a buying spree (Ebay has gotten alot better!). I can't imagine going to college for EE and not owning your own gears, parts, or having your very own electronic lab. I might never go back to college once I am awaken.

Offline yuki

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2010, 03:54:41 pm »
Hi I am yuki , I currently reside in Arizona but am originally from Germany. Currently employed as a data center administrator but have degree in ee and do side jobs regarding it . Great video blogs thats how i found the forums.

Offline SegaAges

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2010, 07:24:46 am »
Nick Segalle - From sunny southern California.  Temecula CA to be exact!

I am an avid enjoyer of the blog, and this is my first post.  I know barely any thing about electronics, and actually tuned into this site from www.hackaday.com when Dave blew up multi-meters.  Since then I've bought an Arduino (I know - I know) but I thought I'd start somewhere thanks to Dave's suggestion on his blog about them. 

I am interested in learning A LOT more about electronics, and I am a "geeky IT guy" as Dave puts it...  Being a sys-admin has it's perks however, and if you're not doing what you love for work, then you are truley missing out!!!

Take care!

-Nick

Offline tomlut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2010, 04:43:21 pm »
G'day all I'm Tom, currently at Casey base Antarctica. I wrote more about my job here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=630.0
No I won't fix your TV for a carton of beer.

Offline ngkee22

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2010, 02:22:21 am »
Now that I have been on here a few days, I figured I should introduce myself also.  My name is Nick and I graduated with an EE degree about 4 years ago from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.  Unfortunately, I haven't worked with analog or digital systems since I graduated.  But I am looking to setup a home lab and get started again before I forget everything I learned.  I work developing vehicle wiring harnesses for heavy duty trucks, not the most exciting work, but pays well.

I'm glad I found this site, lots of great information.

Offline Markybhoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
Im Mark,  Just a hobbyist from sunny Scotland,  here to pick up some tips :)

Offline topari

« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2010, 12:21:10 pm »
Located Melbourne Australia. 50 year old computer administrator with degree in IT. Run my own home machine shop with mill, lathe and number of drills, welders and so on. Interest in electronics rekindled after some of my starter capacitors on my single phase motors failed. Electronics has brought a breath of new life into machining with the adaptation  of digital read outs (DRO). I'm thinking about undertaking an advanced diploma in electronics or robotics or similar. Went to a few university open days last year and went away disappointed. Maybe they thought I was too old.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
My name is Mark.  I have a masters in EE from Texas Tech with a specialty in high voltage, hig power systems (Pulsed Power).  I am currently emplyed by Lockheed Martin in Palmdale, California.
-Time

Offline slburris

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2010, 04:09:52 pm »
Should have sent this a while ago, but better late than never, I suppose.

I'm Scott, in southern California, US.  By day, I'm a computer guy working
in the entertainment industry.  By night and weekends (!), I'm a hobbyist
with a strong interest in electronics. 

Like many of my age, I'm well versed in digital electronics, but struggle
with the analog stuff.  Thank goodness for opamp cookbooks, online
filter designers, National Simple Switcher chips, and the like which let me
pretend I can do the analog stuff!

Mostly work with Xilinx FPGAs, DDS, PIC and ARM micros.

I'm also a recovering test equipment addict, after discovering several
years ago that I could buy really nice stuff from the 80's and 90's on Ebay....

Scott

Offline link

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »
Another hobbyist from Texas. Love tinkering and seeing things smoke. My wife, on the other hand...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf