Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1444251 times)

Offline Russ57

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2250 on: May 29, 2017, 10:49:45 am »
I'm Russell, or russ,
Was an electronic engineer a long time ago, then drifted into IT. Hobbies now mainly metalworking, but also interested in home automation, at least power management.
Probably just lurk a bit, but I'll chime in if I have actual knowledge or experience to offer.

-russ

Offline robert67

• Contributor
« Reply #2251 on: May 29, 2017, 04:34:09 pm »
Hi, I'm Robert, I've been working at freelance IT consultant for the last, well, 25 years. But I started out with electronics: I was assembling and debugging discrete (yes, that's how old I am) R2R AD-converters for a small local company during my junior high years, and my graduation project in senior high was a 8086 computer (CMOS, ate machine code hacked into an SRAM by DIP-switches, single stepped of course). Then I went off tangent and studied computer science because it was only four exams to get the bachelor (German "Vordiplom"). Yes, I'm basically a lazy guy. Now I'm slowly getting back into electronics and mechatronics.   

Offline audio86

« Reply #2252 on: May 30, 2017, 08:40:26 am »
Hi i am michele I've been following EEVblog and videos for a few years now, i am interested at forum, thanks at all member

Offline fourtytwo42

• Super Contributor
  • Interested in all things green/ECO NOT political
« Reply #2253 on: May 30, 2017, 11:50:03 am »
Hi all, remember hitch hikers guide to the galaxy and the answer to the ultimate question given by the computer built by the mice hehehehe (42) well here I am again having forgotten the answer to my simple password last time and ditched Yahoo anyway! Interested in all things green/ECO (also plants). Retired from a lifetime in many branches of electronics both hardware and software. Also enjoy music!

Offline gg2

« Reply #2254 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:05 pm »
I'm Rick. I run a research group at Brown University involved in experimental work in the field of astrophysics/cosmology. We build tonne-scale detectors designed to be sensitive to very small (~keV) energy depositions. As a consequence we work on both high speed analog and digital electronics (~100 MHz ADC's primarily and associated trigger logic). We use 100+ channel ADCs for capturing information. We also conduct  computer simulation work to help with the design of new systems and also understanding results from experiments that are taking data. We need to understand a large range of techniques in digital signal processing. The dataset sizes are typically in the 50 TB - 1 PB range. The eevblog has proved absolutely invaluable to us over the last 5+ years because of the very detailed studies (and follow up discussions) that members carry out. The demonstrated level of understanding of a broad range of systems is impressive. I am very grateful to the members and hope we can make some useful contributions ourselves.

Offline DoubleNuttedWrench

« Reply #2255 on: June 02, 2017, 01:56:30 pm »
I'm Cody, I've been a military avionics technician and ham operator for 20 years. I found this forum and liked the place so I joined

Offline guyo

« Reply #2256 on: June 02, 2017, 06:19:45 pm »
Hello!  My name is Guy and I live in Canada.  I am a hobbyist and enjoy watching Dave's antics.

Offline UnkleBidii

• Contributor
« Reply #2257 on: June 04, 2017, 12:21:06 am »
Hello,

I live in the US, Arizona to be more exact. I have some experience doing technician work but looking to refine my electronics skills and dream bigger. Currently have my  BS in EET and have recently reestablished my passion and desire to become an engineer. World of knowledge out there and I've let it pass by for too long. I look forward to sifting through the forum and gaining some insight from my fellow patrons.

Thanks

Offline eyiz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2258 on: June 04, 2017, 12:34:53 am »
Hi, I'm Pete, my new hobby is electronics. By profession I'm a computer programmer and financial analyst. I have lots of diverse interests. I've been reading eevblog for quite awhile, though, as one of my diversionary entertainments, and decided to join the gang. I live in Toronto, Canada.

Offline Ushiwaka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2259 on: June 04, 2017, 11:40:16 am »
Hi, I'm ???? (you can call me Waka, not my real name ofc ;) )

I'm an EE student, I mainly work w/ MCUs (mostly PIC) (also learning FPGAs)

I came across EEVblog a few yrs ago when I saw Dave's vid about PCB spark gaps :-+.

Offline Laser Simon

• Old aged tech geek
« Reply #2260 on: June 05, 2017, 09:24:45 am »
Hi there !

My name is Simon and I am from the old dark as Dave calls it   :-DD
(Southern England in the United Kingdom)

I am an experienced software and hardware engineer at all levels and various areas including automotive engine management, factory automation, prison security and entertainment industries (Lighting and sound).

I currently work for a group of night clubs here in england where I maintain, design, install, manage all aspects of the technology used.
I have designed various hardware and software we use here for DMX Lighting, Video display, laser control and point of sale.

I started in hardware in the early 80's but got fed up of waiting for software only engineers to do their job so I ended up learning software too so now I am a jack of all trades !

My hobbies include cars and high power lasers !

Great to be here and part of the Dave appreciation club and I have made it my mission to watch all of Dave's videos and meet him before I die  :blah:

Winner winner chicken dinner  :-+
Official Z80 fan boy :)

Offline nickdepinet

• Supporter
« Reply #2261 on: June 16, 2017, 02:17:00 pm »
Hi!

I'm a software person mostly, but tinkering with arduinos is somewhat of a hobby. I just graduated in may with a degree in Computer Science, so I'm building up my personal lab as I've lost access to the club lab I used before. Hello from Seattle!

-Nick

Offline salvagedcircuitry

• Regular Contributor
  • Electrical Engineer | Hobbyist | Camera Enthusiast
    • salvagedcircuitry
« Reply #2262 on: June 25, 2017, 05:14:23 am »
Hi!

I'm Anthony, I'm an electrical engineer interested in PCB design, repair, gadget making and camera/cinema applications. Honestly, I have far too many interests (wanna borrow some?)
I have a personal project site here:
www.salvagedcircuitry.com

I've been following eevblog youtube for a while and I figured I would join Dave's awesome community.

Hats off to everybody!
-Anthony
SalvagedCircuitry
www.salvagedcircuitry.com

Offline bjcuizon

• Frequent Contributor
  • RF and Analog Electronics Enthusiast
« Reply #2263 on: June 25, 2017, 07:45:40 am »
Hi everybody, I'm Bouvier. I loved to take electronics stuff apart since I was eight years old :D. I am a hobbyist and aspiring EE mostly interested in RF and analog circuitry design. I started watching EEVBLOG Videos a few years ago and I thought that I should join the forum.
See you in future posts and topics!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:49:01 am by bjcuizon »
Don't mess with an Electronics Engineer, it Megahertz!

Offline deflicted

• Supporter
« Reply #2264 on: June 28, 2017, 10:58:55 pm »
Hi, Mike in San Diego here.

Yet another software guy who just wants to tinker a little bit with some electronics. Been in aerospace/defense for 20 years, mostly avionics and satellites. I spend a lot of time working side by side with EE guys, and it always makes me want to learn more about electronics. I signed up here because Dave's videos are endlessly fascinating, and truly one of the best free resources available for electronics hobbyists.

No big ambitions as far as electronics go, other than to learn as much as I can, and have fun doing it. Honestly, even if it only ever amounts to soldering together pre-made kits, I'd be happy with that.  :-+

Offline SKHILLBILLYSlures

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2265 on: July 02, 2017, 06:02:00 am »
Hello from usa Florida currently still in electricronics technology class .repair trouble shooting and how the components themselves work in conjunction with other components. I love this class because not necessarily the intention to be taught. But in the text books were EE aspects I couldn't help but glue my eyes to as young adult with high functioning autism which I will forever call aspergers I have always found deep enjoy in picking apart every aspect of why something works the way it does and this class looked like a good way to make that my job I love hobby electricronics and attempting to build Science equipment you would only find in a university STM yes there is an online project for one of those MOT (magneto optical trap) not like the ones in your kitchen oven laser expirements with homebuilt detectors and after watching one of Dave's video s now want to fling something into space an expensive and time consuming endeavor as for what I'm not sure yet but isn't that you say when ever some one ask what will you do /design the next day?
There is so much info I'm DroooooooolING all over it

Offline ropi

« Reply #2266 on: July 02, 2017, 08:00:24 am »
Hi everyone.

I'm Rocco from Italy and I've been lurking for a while. I'm dipping my toes in electronics, for a hobby. I'm trying to learn enough to build a few basic laboratory instruments and a small power supply. The forum resources have been invaluable for this goal.

Offline GameProgrammer79

• Contributor
    • IoT Daemon
« Reply #2267 on: July 02, 2017, 11:25:32 am »
Hello Fellow Nerds, Waiting-To-Be-Nerds like me  ;)

I am a Electronics Engineer (graduated in 2003) but work in Banking Mathematical Finance field for quite many years now. As a kid some 18 years back that magical years till 1999 I was a electronics nerd. always wanted to get back to my old hobby, slowly building up my small lab. Have been watching Dave Jones eevblog youtube channel since about past 7 year now.

Lot of good reviews and inspiration.. finally I have decided to take plunge .. It was a dream to have all equipment back then when I was a student .. now I can gladly afford it .. so its dream come true:)

I will be sharing more information and projects on my electronics channel as well as through my commercial venture.

For anyone interested where I am currently residing (working), yes it is sunny city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates but I am of South Asian origin :)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:29:17 am by GameProgrammer79 »
Folks I am getting back in Electronics game after 18 odd years :)

Offline monkey1911

« Reply #2268 on: July 02, 2017, 11:15:07 pm »
Hi,

I'm Monkey from Seattle.....I have WAY too many electronic related hobbies!!! Lets see.....Ham Radio, gaming (PC and Console), 3D printing, building and racing RC cars, trying to fly hobby-grade quad-copters, I've started playing around with networking and servers and I'm in the middle of building a new water cooled gaming desktop.

I've started work on re-configuring my living space to give me more work space, hoping to have that done in the next week, then I'll be able to set up my 3D printer again and finally get my Hakko out of it's box!

Offline TruthExposé

• Contributor
    • TruthExposé
« Reply #2269 on: July 04, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »
HI,
I am TruthExposé, Chicago, US. Still learning electronics as anything it is a lifelong process.  I got fed-up with free energy cr@p that some sell online and got myself into a mess by believing in Bedini free energy devices and battery rejuvinvations. Now I am on a mission to let others know NOT to let themselves be fooled by cr@p like that.  I have created a channel under my nickname here, on YouTube it is "TruthExposé" where I talk about my experience with John Bedini's 'mighty' chargers and other things that I will cover exposing all dirty profiteers as it is.  I have enough devices to 'treat this forum' that I have purchased for myself that didn't work as promised! So, it is a payback time! 
Debunking Bedini and Free Energy. Check the pudding on my YouTube channel: TruthExposé

Offline Aviator X

• Contributor
« Reply #2270 on: July 05, 2017, 12:14:23 pm »
I just wanted to say hello to the community. Thanks to alanb for linking me to the correct thread.

I've always been a tinker. Mostly taking things apart, then losing the pieces. I'm coming back to my interest of electronics because of my son's interest in robotics. We are very excited having found EEVblog on YouTube and now the forum.

Aviator X

Offline Tsippaduida

• Contributor
« Reply #2271 on: July 05, 2017, 07:46:44 pm »
Hello, I'm over 50, professional business systems programmer, background in mechanical engineering. Newbie in electronics although I have tinkered with microcontrollers a bit in the past (long ago). Now trying to remember what I once knew and learn more. Going to try out few ideas with  Arduino platform.

Offline Rinto85

• panel ats
« Reply #2272 on: July 12, 2017, 09:53:20 am »
My name is Rinto, 35yo, new in mechanical engineering :D
Recently, just repaired my mom old radio from 1980 :p

Offline baeckel

« Reply #2273 on: July 12, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »
Hey all, I'm Jonathan.  I work in the cyber security field, but have a keen interest in electronics. I have a physics degree, which is the closest I've come to electronics training, but I'm currently working through the Art of Electronics book and the "Learning the Art of Electronics" book is due today.  You'll probably see a lot of AoE/LtAoE questions from me in the Beginner thread.

I'm mostly interested in learning to fix old equipment (tube amps and test equipment), designing new equipment and just generally learning more about how the world around me works.  Also a fan of DIY, I'm putting together an automated brew system (automated pumps/gas valves to start).

It's not really the type of circuits/computers discussed here, but I do like to work on old electro-mechanical pinballs (and soon jukeboxes).

Happy to be a part of the community,

--Jonathan

Offline richardnhoffman

• Personal CV site
« Reply #2274 on: July 12, 2017, 09:30:29 pm »
Hello all I am Richard Hoffman. I am 23yo that graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology about two years ago and has been working at ATL on the famous APM  The Plane Train for about a year now. Due to my work I have not had much time to be on the forums but hopefully I soon will. Since I was a kid I have loved taking apart electronics and things to see how they function and work. Hopefully I’ll be joining the conversations more and learning about electronics as well making my own projects.
I will say this - and I'm gonna say it on tape so everybody hears it a hundred times a day: If I die before you people can pour me into a computer, I want Caroline to run this place." - Cave Johnson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf