Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1430325 times)

Offline chemelec

• Contributor
chemelec
« Reply #2450 on: June 25, 2018, 02:05:07 am »
My name is Gary and I have been doing Analogue Electronics as an Avid Hobby for the past 60 years.

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2451 on: June 28, 2018, 04:18:27 am »
My name is Alan.  I picked up an interest in electronics back in high school.  Fortunately or unfortunately, I picked up a whole lot of interests at that time.  The limiting factor in those days was that anything beyond simple discrete logic chips was complicated to work with and expensive.  My studies followed the jack of all trades path... Systems Design Engineering.  Along the way I picked up a HAM radio license, mainly as a skill for a car rally organizer.  My interest is re-kindled by all the modern possibilities from microprocessors, the design tools now available, the PCB services and the internet to learn it all.  Work does not allow me to actually do design as my position is regulatory in the transportation field.  Projects I would like to do involve home automation and interfacing with my rally car (ISO9141).

Offline jason.asmus

« Reply #2452 on: June 29, 2018, 08:09:47 pm »
My name is Jason and I have an addiction to the EEVblog on YouTube.  I hear this is the support group.

In all seriousness, I have just started to delve into the channel and have been learning a lot.

I currently live in Wisconsin and wrapping up my last semester of school for my BSEE degree from UW-Platteville.  I started off my professional career on the other side, doing mechanical work.  I have a BSME degree from UW-Platteville and an MSEM degree from Milwaukee School of Engineering.  I have been seriously working on electronics and electrical engineering for just over two years now.  I have been drinking from the fire hose ever since and the EEVblog has been a lifesaver.

I currently work full time and Broan NuTone in the Advanced Engineering group, doing mostly R&D work. I get to spend my days playing with various sensors, LED lighting, motors, controllers, custom PCBAs, firmware, and software (APPS).  The best part of my job is coming up with solutions to problems you don't even know you have.  And making mistakes and learning.

In my spare time I enjoy tinkering around in my workshop (which is just getting underway) and I look forward to learning and giving back to the EEVblog community when and where I can.

Offline Putra kusuma

• Produk Mesin Digital Printing :: Liyuindonesia.com
« Reply #2453 on: July 04, 2018, 08:21:35 am »
hello friends,

Let me introduce myself here as a new member in this forum  :). My name is Putra kusuma.
I am doing some hobby electronics sometimes   ;D

Offline soaring_spitfire

« Reply #2454 on: July 13, 2018, 10:21:25 am »
Hello!

Recent electrical engineering graduate, from New Zealand, with my first real job in power distribution. An electronics hobbyist in my spare time. In the market to buy a function generator! (and an LCR meter)

Currently been working on a 10x10x10 RGB led cube, (on and off again for 2 years (including uni study)), currently trying to solve an issue with what I think is noise on the SPI bus of my control electronics for the cube. |O  Will post some photos when it gets up and running.

Never been especially active on forums, but will give it a go!

Offline asmfan

• Supporter
« Reply #2455 on: July 15, 2018, 12:25:34 am »
Greetings,

My career is in software quality assurance in the area of software performance testing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_performance_testing

A few years back I was introduced to EEVblog by a news article that linked to one of Dave's videos debunking a solar roadway installation.
I watched more EEVblog videos and read through general topics on the forum for close to a year.
Thanks in part to Dave and the EEVblog community, my interest in electronics has moved to an active hobby.

I'm now working through Make: Electronics and supplementing with Practical Electronics for Inventors.
My bench consists of the equipment and components required for the Make: Electronics and Make: More Electronics books.

Offline h4x0r

• Contributor
  • 1337_h4x0r
« Reply #2456 on: July 17, 2018, 11:40:25 pm »
G'day everyone,

Another 'local' 'strayan here.

As the tag implies I'm a bit of an old hack. I have been dabbling in electronics since I was about 6-7, so that's 40+ years of hacksawing my way around various bits n pieces.
I've been lurking here randomly over the last 5 years, but never bothered to register. I have no idea why, I just never bothered, possibly has something to do with my work.. I figured I should do the needful.
My occupation is in software QC, for a large multinational IT network equip vendor. Highly specialized role and completely irrelevant to 90% of the real-world.

I spend my hobby time hacksawing and destructive testing / fabricobbling stuff. Mostly stuffing around with mech-elec related gear, also mostly on things that propel people (cars, bikes, skateboards etc) and playing a few instruments.

I'm here to learn stuff I should have paid more attention to 25 years ago.

I'm also learning to 'upgrade' my hacksaw lab with some decent quality test and measurement gear. I have old analog stuff, and some good quality gear, but I need some more precision gear to help me move forward.
I have spent time playing with valve amps etc. I've stuffed around with reverse engineering ignition map drivers in old cars to convert into 3d maps for modern closed loop efi. I made my first PCB with a tandy kit about 35 years ago, and learned stuff like how to build circuits from kits and schematics from EA/ETI/Silicon chip magazines back in the day. So Hacksaw is probably the most appropriate name.

I feel that I need to reboot and refresh my nvram and learn a few new things related to industrial circuits and the like.

I also need to learn about basic things like the best way to purchase consumables, even though I am sporadic with my spend at places like element 14/mouser/rs etc. Also what's the best way to do PCB's these days - e.g. farm out or buy a machine/small cnc etc... Then there's the  how to sniff out quality components from crap and the hotbed of PRC banggod etc stuff is it worth it...

I know I'll have lots of obviously noob questions, I'm familiar with searching so naturally I'll look for an answer before I ask everyone the 'dumb questions'..
Got a lot of ground to cover to reinvest the gery matter into hardware.
That's about it for the moment.

Hope I can climb out of the dark ages into modernity...
regards,
Hacksaw.

Offline arkeo

« Reply #2457 on: July 21, 2018, 07:58:15 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am Corrado from near Rome, civil engineer but electronics is one of my hobbies since I was a kid. Great forum!

Offline cprosser

• Contributor
« Reply #2458 on: July 22, 2018, 03:35:53 pm »
Hi Folks,

I've been dabbling with hobby robotics and electronic kinetic art on and off since 1997. I've recently decided to blow the dust off my gear and repair some of my old projects. I have several that I built on the old OOPIC Platform, and another with just an AVR and a C compiler. Well, I've lost the C compiler and the code, and OOPic is out of business  :-\. So I've got some work cut out for me to reverse engineer them and replace the microcontroller so I can do some upgrades.

I'm also very excited to have replaced my 2nd edition of The Art of Electronics with the 3rd edition!

--chris
(Seattle)

Offline showler909

« Reply #2459 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:06 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm Robert, a Mental Health Nurse from the UK. I'm looking into dabbling with electronics, learning more about all the components and tools used to resolve issues, with a potential new hobby developing repairing broken PC parts.

I am a complete novice so pretty useless regarding advice or guidance, but I hope to learn much as I develop my understanding from you fine people :)

Have fun folks!

Offline ben.howard1987

« Reply #2460 on: July 27, 2018, 01:21:50 pm »
Hello, I'm Ben from Wallingford in England. I make terrible things that barely work from junk and I love it!

Offline radiokot

• Contributor
« Reply #2461 on: August 02, 2018, 09:22:43 am »
Hi!

My name is Alexander. I'm from Russia. I have been engaged in radio electronics for about 5 years. Basically I develop for microcontrollers stm32, stm8, avr. Rarely I use FPGA. Work at the factory. I'm doing freelancing at the time.

Offline prouser

« Reply #2462 on: August 09, 2018, 01:23:42 am »
Hello,

My name is Arthur, I am looking forward to learning much from this forum and sharing what i know along the way.

Offline carolcarol

« Reply #2463 on: August 22, 2018, 06:43:13 am »
Hi  ;) My name is Carol, I live in Chicago, IL. I'm currently a freelance writer. Raised on a steady diet of classic literature, I pursued an English degree at the University of Tennessee after high school graduation. I started my freelance writing career after a five-year stint in marketing.  I came to the realization that the part of my job that I loved the most involved writing promotional material for clients and articles for the association’s monthly newsletter.  So, I decided to turn my passion for writing into a career.  I now spend my days writing about health, home decor, fitness, parenting and travel for a variety of clients.

Offline Dave_C

• Contributor
« Reply #2464 on: August 22, 2018, 12:49:49 pm »
Hi!

I'm David (or Dave for short). I currently live in a small town/village near Rzeszow, Poland.
I recently finished trade shool in electronics with good amount of achievments and prizes (test gear  :-DMM). Before that I've been tinkering and experimenting on my own with mostly recycled or old parts and a 5$ multimeter.  I had some succesful designs for school ( biggest one was a peltier-based temperature controller for thermistor testing ), and now I'm going to share my new work on this forum. Soon I will be starting EE in college.

My main focus is test equipment design. I love everything analog, but I often work with digital logic and microcontrollers, also I can write some code in C if I need to.
I have a never-ending stream of ideas for new designs and I'm currently working on a differential scope probe made as cheap as possible and a DC electronic load with CC, CV, CR and CP done completely in analog (well, the current/voltage/power meter is going to be digital).

Offline TheDeuceII

• Compliance Software Architect and Data Shepherd
« Reply #2465 on: August 25, 2018, 01:22:36 pm »
Greeting All,

My name is Josh, (everyone calls me Deuce) and I’m from the Grand Rapids area in Michigan. Professionally I’m a Lead Software Engineer of compliance solutions for the gaming industry. I’ve always been interested in electronics design/development/repair, and if I could do it all over again knowing what I know now, I’d have went into hardware. As a child I always took household small appliances and various electronics apart just to see how they work. Maybe that should have been my first clue as to “what I wanted to be when I grow up”. Fortunately for me (unfortunately for my wife), I haven’t grown up yet, so there’s that.

Over the course of the last year or so, I’ve been building my low-buck lab. Short of fancy and special and expensive toys, I think I’m doing fairly well: Fluke 179 DMM, Extech EX330 DMM (secondary), Sainsmart DDS120, Hakko FX888D solder station, and assorted components/micro controllers. I’m currently in the waiting stage for my new toys (two from here in the States, others from AliExpress): assorted Panasonic electrolytic caps (thanks, Uncle Digikey), Rigol DS1053Z oscilloscope, RD Tech DPS5015 power supply, a “Shenzhen Special” all-assembly-required function generator, and a “Shenzhen Special” all-assembly-required 30V 3A constant voltage/current power supply.

This is an awesome community, and I’m glad to be part of it!

Cheers,

-Deuce

Side note: the big cardboard box in the attached image is the Hakko solder station. Finally retired that god awful Hakko 936 “Shenzhen Special” clone :-D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:30:31 pm by TheDeuceII »

Offline gedong

• Contributor
« Reply #2466 on: August 25, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »
Hello, Name is Renaldi. live somewhere in 3rd country of South east Asia. 34 years old, unmarried, jobless, currently struggling to make a living. :palm:

have an  electronics fetish but always too lazy doing some real work and understanding the principal behind it, was an audiophoolery untill i learn some basic physics :phew:.

Offline Radio Guy

• CB Radio Guide
« Reply #2467 on: August 25, 2018, 03:44:13 pm »
I'm Jason and was getting into electronics way back at school. Then girls got in the way (and ruined several other hobbies too). Now I'm (a lot) older and have some time on my hands I am getting back into it again. I love the YouTube videos!  :P

My loves now are Ham Radio, CB Radio (but don't tell the other Ham guys) and Guitars.

Offline Radiosonde

• Contributor
« Reply #2468 on: August 25, 2018, 08:29:20 pm »
Greetings
My name is...
I am a Student and ham radio operator from Austria.
I like designing and building RF circuits and I am a big Rohde and Schwarz fan...who is not?;)
I also help out at the local repeater...i go there with skis in the winter

Offline MichaelJohnson50

• https://www.canadabiz.net/company/9656286/
« Reply #2469 on: August 28, 2018, 08:12:35 am »
Hello folks!
My name is Michael, which you can probably already tell by my username.
Born and raised in Manchester, working as an engineer here. Electronics is my hobby and biggest passion since I was about 12 years old.

Feel free to DM me!

Offline Sousuke

« Reply #2470 on: August 28, 2018, 05:39:08 pm »
Hello Everyone :)

I'm Sousuke, I'm usually a people engineer (Student Paramedic) but I do like to dabble in electrics and computer equipment.

Born in South Wales (The "Old" one in the UK :-DD)

Offline daddycool

• !
« Reply #2471 on: September 11, 2018, 09:00:44 am »
hello everyone

my name is guy i am 45 and i live in sherbrooke, quebec, canada i own my own bussiness a computer shop i also do some basic electronic repair. i am a school dropout and autodidact. i love dave show he is my "friend from the internet who teach me electronic" i always try to be positive and in a good mood. that about it baby! peace man! :D

Offline Steven.UK

« Reply #2472 on: September 15, 2018, 06:11:14 pm »
Hello My name is Steven, I live in England UK.  Been here a while but only noticed i never said "Hi" Doh!  :-[

I have always had a big interest in Electronics, Thanks to my dad, I've spent my hole life in eletronics along with computers/software/hardware and RC mostly air.

Offline glaxoni

• kitchenlola all about appliances
« Reply #2473 on: September 15, 2018, 07:24:48 pm »
Hi guys

I'm Nate from Oregon, US

Hobbyist who loves DIY electrical projects.

Offline marcio.andlei.adv

« Reply #2474 on: September 17, 2018, 03:05:54 am »
Hello, I’m Marcio from Brazil  Glad to be here.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf