Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 585377 times)

Offline tholland

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2625 on: October 07, 2019, 01:05:23 pm »
Hi I'm Tony. I'm a silver surfer with an abiding interest in Z80 she's which goes back to Clive Sinclair's ZX81.

Offline galileo

« Reply #2626 on: October 08, 2019, 10:36:41 pm »
Who cares, yet another hobby electronics enthusiast registering for the nth time because Dave purges old inactive accounts. Maybe this will stop him from nuking it yet again.

Offline DerrickThunder76

« Reply #2627 on: October 11, 2019, 12:15:04 am »
Hi everyone,

This is Derrick I am a new Enthusiast that have enjoyed the Videos. I have a network engineering degree and have basic electronics skills. Electronics is more a hobby than a carrier but looking to always expand my knowledge and took AC/DC fundamentals 18 years ago. Dabbled with Ardeno and raspberry pi and have a basic electronics workbench with parts and old computers. One of the first being the Tandy color computer 3. I am from Battle Creek , Michigan in the USA.

Offline kronarq

• Supporter
« Reply #2628 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker not wanting to have my account purged again |O.

So I figured I would take the opportunity to post and say hello and thank you, I have learned so much from Dave and the community over the years.

Offline james tong

• Banned!
« Reply #2629 on: October 17, 2019, 01:29:59 pm »
Hello, I'm James Tong and a sales manager  from Shenzhen Sewate Technology Co., Ltd in china.  our company is a leading provider of electronic packaging products such as Anti static IC tubes and Carrier tapes, Over the years, has been committed to product innovation and customer collaboration to identify and defining their needs and to continuously provide innovative technical services and products to customers worldwide.

Offline Archanjl

« Reply #2630 on: October 19, 2019, 07:53:23 am »
Hello.  I am a long time lurker, I found my first Dave video back in 2013 looking for soldering tutorials and have followed ever since.  I am an electrical engineer that works in accelerated life testing.  And for the important details about me, rum is my preferred drink.  Followed closely by beer.

Offline garyhui

• https://www.allservicerepairmanuals.com
    • All Service Repair Manuals, Car Manuals, Motor Bike Manuals
« Reply #2631 on: October 21, 2019, 05:20:37 pm »
Hi there everyone!
i'm from Hong Kong, this forum is so comprehensive and i can learn a lot from here!

u might watched the news about the mess in hong kong these few weeks.
thank you for the guys who support the HongKonger

Looking forward for more discussion!
Please let me know if you need car manuals,
Car Manuals, Motor Bike manuals
https://www.allservicerepairmanuals.com

Offline Syntax Error

• Contributor
  • I took the red pill...
« Reply #2632 on: October 22, 2019, 09:23:59 pm »
Greetings! My name is Andrew, an old-skool software developer and tech fan from England UK. I've been doing tear downs since I was old enough to go exploring inside the back of a cathode (x)ray TV with a metal screwdriver. I'm now experimenting with lower-voltage embedded-devices and open source stuff, including KiCAD.

Dave a big :-+ thank you for being such a positive inspiration in a world that's so top-down dumbed down.
Help reduce e-waist and reflash your old router with OpenWRT.

Offline Cannibal_pyro

« Reply #2633 on: October 24, 2019, 05:22:20 pm »
Names doug. I'm 30. Looking for work in electronics field. Going to school for english education.

Offline China NewBoy

• Contributor
« Reply #2634 on: November 05, 2019, 12:12:03 pm »
Hi there everyone!
i'm from Hong Kong, this forum is so comprehensive and i can learn a lot from here!

u might watched the news about the mess in hong kong these few weeks.
thank you for the guys who support the HongKonger

Looking forward for more discussion!
im not hongkonger,but i support you!

Offline Richard1972

« Reply #2635 on: November 08, 2019, 09:00:07 pm »
Hello everyone, Greetings from Sheffield UK. Although I haven’t joined until today, I have been visiting this forum for many years and am grateful for all the help I have found through reading posts on here. Not sure if this is interesting to anyone, but I have been running my own computer repair business for about 7 years now, but that has mainly been basic repairs such as soldering a D.C. jack or replacing a broken lcd. I have also built the odd website or two, but mainly using Wordpress or Joomla templates.

I am a bit of a jack of all trades really, but master of none. I am therefore hoping that in time I might be able to learn more about electronics so that one day I may be able to offer more types of repairs to motherboards as opposed to simply soldering the odd connector on. I am also hoping that in time, I might be able to contribute to this forum myself rather than just asking questions or reading other people’s posts.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:04:06 pm by Richard1972 »

Offline Deboscope

• Contributor
  • Given enough time, tasks manage themselves
« Reply #2636 on: November 10, 2019, 02:52:32 pm »
Hi Ladies and Gents

I am George from UK and currently in UAE.

I know not much about electronics, but I have had oscilloscopes in the past. I am trying to buy me a new one.

Nice to be here, and I am sure I can get some useful insights on the uses and applications of DSOs...

Offline Various

• Contributor
« Reply #2637 on: November 10, 2019, 06:57:26 pm »
Hi,

I live in the UK, I have had very modest success carrying out home repairs on PCs which has grown my interest in electronics but otherwise no knowledge of the subject.

I have a specific electronic problem I am trying to solve so I'm here to learn and get some opinions before I blow anything up!

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf