Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1433832 times)

Offline kronarq

• Supporter
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2625 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker not wanting to have my account purged again |O.

So I figured I would take the opportunity to post and say hello and thank you, I have learned so much from Dave and the community over the years.

Offline james tong

• !
« Reply #2626 on: October 17, 2019, 01:29:59 pm »
Hello, I'm James Tong and a sales manager  from Shenzhen Sewate Technology Co., Ltd in china.  our company is a leading provider of electronic packaging products such as Anti static IC tubes and Carrier tapes, Over the years, has been committed to product innovation and customer collaboration to identify and defining their needs and to continuously provide innovative technical services and products to customers worldwide.

Offline Archanjl

« Reply #2627 on: October 19, 2019, 07:53:23 am »
Hello.  I am a long time lurker, I found my first Dave video back in 2013 looking for soldering tutorials and have followed ever since.  I am an electrical engineer that works in accelerated life testing.  And for the important details about me, rum is my preferred drink.  Followed closely by beer.

Offline garyhui

• https://www.allservicerepairmanuals.com
    • All Service Repair Manuals, Car Manuals, Motor Bike Manuals
« Reply #2628 on: October 21, 2019, 05:20:37 pm »
Hi there everyone!
i'm from Hong Kong, this forum is so comprehensive and i can learn a lot from here!

u might watched the news about the mess in hong kong these few weeks.
thank you for the guys who support the HongKonger

Looking forward for more discussion!
Please let me know if you need car manuals,
Car Manuals, Motor Bike manuals
https://www.allservicerepairmanuals.com

Offline Syntax Error

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2629 on: October 22, 2019, 09:23:59 pm »
Greetings! My name is Andrew, an old-skool software developer and tech fan from England UK. I've been doing tear downs since I was old enough to go exploring inside the back of a cathode (x)ray TV with a metal screwdriver. I'm now experimenting with lower-voltage embedded-devices and open source stuff, including KiCAD.

Dave a big :-+ thank you for being such a positive inspiration in a world that's so top-down dumbed down.

Offline Cannibal_pyro

« Reply #2630 on: October 24, 2019, 05:22:20 pm »
Names doug. I'm 30. Looking for work in electronics field. Going to school for english education.

Offline China NewBoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2631 on: November 05, 2019, 12:12:03 pm »
Hi there everyone!
i'm from Hong Kong, this forum is so comprehensive and i can learn a lot from here!

u might watched the news about the mess in hong kong these few weeks.
thank you for the guys who support the HongKonger

Looking forward for more discussion!
im not hongkonger,but i support you!

Offline Richard1972

• Contributor
« Reply #2632 on: November 08, 2019, 09:00:07 pm »
Hello everyone, Greetings from Sheffield UK. Although I haven’t joined until today, I have been visiting this forum for many years and am grateful for all the help I have found through reading posts on here. Not sure if this is interesting to anyone, but I have been running my own computer repair business for about 7 years now, but that has mainly been basic repairs such as soldering a D.C. jack or replacing a broken lcd. I have also built the odd website or two, but mainly using Wordpress or Joomla templates.

I am a bit of a jack of all trades really, but master of none. I am therefore hoping that in time I might be able to learn more about electronics so that one day I may be able to offer more types of repairs to motherboards as opposed to simply soldering the odd connector on. I am also hoping that in time, I might be able to contribute to this forum myself rather than just asking questions or reading other people’s posts.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:04:06 pm by Richard1972 »

Offline Deboscope

• Contributor
  • Given enough time, tasks manage themselves
« Reply #2633 on: November 10, 2019, 02:52:32 pm »
Hi Ladies and Gents

I am George from UK and currently in UAE.

I know not much about electronics, but I have had an oscilloscope in the past. I am trying to buy me a new one.

Nice to be here, and I am sure I can get some useful insights on the uses and applications of DSOs...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:32:16 am by Deboscope »

Offline Various

• Contributor
« Reply #2634 on: November 10, 2019, 06:57:26 pm »
Hi,

I live in the UK, I have had very modest success carrying out home repairs on PCs which has grown my interest in electronics but otherwise no knowledge of the subject.

I have a specific electronic problem I am trying to solve so I'm here to learn and get some opinions before I blow anything up!

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Offline gorignak

« Reply #2635 on: November 14, 2019, 04:12:02 am »
Hi,

I'm a software engineer who is interested in getting into hardware more.  I'm just getting started and thought this would be a good place to learn.

Offline Weston

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2636 on: November 16, 2019, 07:29:24 am »
I guess I am slightly late for this, but better late than never.

I am a PhD student in Power Electronics. I mainly build tesla coils, but the tesla coil related forums are not doing that well right now so I decided to create an account here.

Offline scoopbidou

« Reply #2637 on: November 17, 2019, 01:56:34 pm »
Hello,  :)

I live in FRANCE. I am a good detective's "dog-dog" ...
I am interested for the purchase of an oscilloscope. And it is by searching information about those items that I realized that we could "hack" certain models to upgrade additional options !   :-+  :D
What is interesting for restricted budgets and which opens access to some top of ranges...

That's how I discovered this forum where mix of numerous nationalities !

It is a big pleasure of reaching me with this forum but the practice of the English language is not my strong point ; what restricts my understanding on numerous subjects a lot !   |O

This is my first message on a forum, but certainly there will be others : probably to ask some help or clarification over certain topics !
@+

[Bonjour,
Je vis en FRANCE. Je suis un  bon chien-chien détective... Je suis intéressé pour l'achat d'un oscilloscope. Et c'est à force de chercher que je me suis rendu compte que l'on pouvait "pirater" certains modèles  pour upgrader des options supplémentaire !
Ce qui est intéressant  pour des budgets limités et qui ouvre l’accès à des hauts de gammes...
C'est ainsi que j'ai découvert ce forum où se côtoie de nombreuses nationalités !
C'est un grand plaisir de me joindre à ce forum  mais la pratique de la langue anglaise n'est pas mon fort ; ce qui limite beaucoup ma compréhension sur de nombreux sujets !
C'est mon 1er message sur un forum, mais certainement il y en aura d'autres : sans doute pour demander de l'aide ou des éclaircissements sur certains sujets !
@+]
Scoopby-Dooby-Doo !

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2638 on: November 17, 2019, 04:53:59 pm »
Je suis intéressé pour l'achat d'un oscilloscope

Votre anglais n'est pas tout à fait mauvais, je peux le comprendre et je peux presque lire la version française. Je pense que Siglent X et X-E sont "la meilleure valeur", pour le moment.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline scoopbidou

« Reply #2639 on: November 18, 2019, 07:30:20 pm »
Hi StillTrying!   :)

Thanks a lot for your (French) answer  8)  , which is very nice and delicate on your part !
And your French is perfect too !!!    ^-^

Yes, indeed, the "Siglent SDS1104X-E" seems to me the best choice for that price/range.
I hesitate a little with the "RIGOL MSO5074", but for a double price despite of the unlocking possibility of its options by "hacking" ... Anyway, it will be a definitive purchase for me because I do not intend to change device thereafter, unless if  my choice is on a more economical oscillo  : as a USB/DSO for 200 Euros ...

Indeed, my first choice was an oscillo as "HANTEK 6254BD's" type , whose set of basic functions were sufficient (for now) for me. But an exclusive use of a "mouse" is not very comfortable and practical at long. The most important for my current use is that its bandwidth is at least 200 MHz with the spectrum analyzer option. In this range, I will probably change later ...

So for now, I target the "Hantek 6254BD" but the wish  to have a "TOP" as the "RIGOL MSO5074" is BIG !!!   >:D
I know there is better, but I will not go above this price, especially because I need to have a differential and (possibly) current probe .
May be I'm going to wait a little more to let's the prices fall and instead take the minimum for instant ... At see ...

PS: OK, may be my inglish is a little good, but it tooks me a lot of time to translate french language... That is why i prefer to have a scope with FRENCH MENU, as SIGLENT or RIGOL !!!  ;)

PS 2  : I love very much your humor, especially your comment/joke about your "COUNTRY": "Broken Britain" ...   :-DD
MDR LOL, but it's still very sad and unfortunate what is going on at this time compared to Brexit ...  :'( :'( :'( |O
Let's hope that it gets better and that there can be a new vote !!!  :-+
Too much dupery  in the world and unfortunately in FRANCE !  >:D >:D >:D
Especially at this moment with so much manipulation of the media by our governments ... Too sad and disgusting all that ..   :'(

[Ce qui est très gentil et délicat de votre part ! Et votre français est parfait aussi !
Oui, effectivement, le Siglent SDS1104X-E me semble le meilleur choix possible dans cette gamme de prix. J' hésite un peu avec le "RIGOL MSO5074", mais pour le double du prix malgré la possibilité de déblocage de ses options par "hack" ... De toutes manières,  ce sera un achat définitif pour  moi car je ne compte pas changer  d'appareil par la suite, sauf si mon choix se porte sur un oscillo plus économique : comme un DSO usb à 200Euros...
En effet, mon 1er choix était un oscillo du type "HANTEK 6254BD", dont l'ensemble des fonctions de bases étaient suffisantes (pour l'instant) pour moi. Mais l' usage exclusif d'une "souris" n'est pas très confortable et pratique. Le plus important pour mon usage actuel étant que sa bande passante soit au moins de 200MHz et qu'il puisse faire aussi analyseur de spectre. Dans cette gamme, j'aurai sans doute changer par la suite...
Alors pour l'instant, je cible le "Hantek 6254BD" mais l'envie d'avoir un "TOP" comme le "RIGOL MSO5074" est GRANDE !!!
Je sais qu'il y a mieux, mais je n'irai pas au dessus de ce prix, surtout que j'ai besoin d'avoir en plus une sonde différentiel et éventuellement de courant.
Je vais peut être attendre encore un peu, que les prix baissent et prendre le minimum... A voir...
PS: OK, mon anglais est peut-être correct, mais il me faut beaucoup de temps pour traduire la langue française ... C'est pourquoi je préfère avoir un scope avec des menus en français, comme SIGLENT ou RIGOL !!!
PS  2 : J'adore votre humour, notamment votre commentaire  au sujet  de votre PAYS : "Broken Britain"...
LOL MDR, mais c'est quand même très triste et regrettable ce qui se passe en ce moment chez vous par rapport au Brexit... Espérons que cela s'arrange et qu'il puisse y avoir un nouveau vote !!!
Trop de tromperie dans le monde et malheureusement en FRANCE !
Surtout en ce moment avec tant de manipulation des médias par nos gouvernements... Trop triste et écœurant tout ça...]

Edit:  rajout "PS 2: ... ... ..." 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 08:05:08 pm by scoopbidou »
Scoopby-Dooby-Doo !

Offline Ntando92

« Reply #2640 on: November 19, 2019, 07:39:41 am »
Greetings ladies and gents!

My name is Ntando, I live in South Africa. I recently discovered my interest in Electrical Enginneering and would like to explore it. I would like to learn about building electronics and start building my own things soon.

Happy to be here and look forward to meeting like minded people.

Offline localkorner

« Reply #2641 on: November 24, 2019, 11:50:13 am »
Hi Guys & Girls,

I'm Gergely, computer scientist and hardware enthusiast from Budapest, Hungary.

I was drawn here after finding several relevant and useful topics in the past few weeks and I feel like i've discovered Aladdins cave of electrics knowledge :)

I hope I can make useful contributions.

Thanks

Offline Doom-the-Squirrel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2642 on: November 24, 2019, 01:24:39 pm »
I just now found this thread. Better late than never...

I'm Scott, from Arizona.

I'm a transit bus technician, with an associate's degree in diesel technology.

Most of my electronics work has been in dealing with controls modules on vehicles, as well as multiplexing systems.

I've enjoyed many of the videos from the EEVblog, learning something new from them.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:30:12 pm by Doom-the-Squirrel »

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #2643 on: November 27, 2019, 02:13:40 pm »
I am interested for the purchase of an oscilloscope. And it is by searching information about those items that I realized that we could "hack" certain models to upgrade additional options !   :-+  :D
What is interesting for restricted budgets and which opens access to some top of ranges...

some nice deal right now:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-ukeu-keysight-dsox-3014t-(with-200-mhz-bw-upgrade)-app-bundle-probes-etc/

here maybe too expensive for you:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-eu-agilent-scope-bonanza-msox3054a-500mhz-full-dso6104l-1ghz-5900/
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline Clarmrrsn

• Contributor
« Reply #2644 on: November 27, 2019, 10:53:43 pm »
Hello

I have had an interest in Electronics for many years, stemming from a degree in computing and 20 years in the field service industry.  I have performed the odd modification or upgrade of audio equipment, all done while not really having much EE knowledge to back it up, which is certainly what has held me back.

Around 2 months ago I started an online course in EE and circuit board design, I am enjoying it and learning a lot, but it is such a huge subject so,have got a lot to learn.

Good to be here.  A Very interesting forum.

Clark

Offline velomane

« Reply #2645 on: November 30, 2019, 09:20:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

Another new member saying hello. In my fifties, but I've had an interest in electronics my whole life. My uncle Marcel can attest to that: I took apart his cassette player when I was seven or eight. I can't recall if I put it back together, though. That would have been about the same time I learned why a capacitor was called a capacitor- ouch!  I look forward to learning from the gurus on the forum.
Tellin' pilots where to go since 1994

Offline Doom-the-Squirrel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2646 on: December 01, 2019, 08:20:31 am »
Hi everyone,

Another new member saying hello. In my fifties, but I've had an interest in electronics my whole life. My uncle Marcel can attest to that: I took apart his cassette player when I was seven or eight. I can't recall if I put it back together, though. That would have been about the same time I learned why a capacitor was called a capacitor- ouch!  I look forward to learning from the gurus on the forum.

Sounds like what I did in my teens.

What do you do with electronics these days?

Offline PzKpfw IV Ausf. H

« Reply #2647 on: December 05, 2019, 09:24:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have been watching the EEVBlog youtube channel for quite a while and I finally decided to create an account here. I'm a hobbyist and on my way to becomming a "real" engineer. My favourite pastime is taking on projects that sound super awesome in my head but turn out to be way too difficult for me to handle. I hope that I can reduce that 100% failure rate to 99% with some advice from this forum  :-+

Offline velomane

« Reply #2648 on: December 05, 2019, 11:53:12 pm »
Hi everyone,

Sounds like what I did in my teens.

What do you do with electronics these days?

These days? Not much. I'm here because I’ve decided I want to get into electronics as a serious hobby. I’m in the autumn of my career and I need to prepare myself for retirement, so this is it. I have a great spot in the basement to set up a workbench. I’ve got plenty of books to read and an engineer friend to use as a resource.
Tellin' pilots where to go since 1994

Offline Youpi

« Reply #2649 on: December 10, 2019, 09:35:37 pm »
Hello everyone,

Just another free electron in this forum.
I mainly register for the section of metrology.
And for Dave and this community, a big thanks you  :-+
Troubadour of electronics

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf