General > General Technical Chat

New Member, Please introduce yourself

<< < (569/588) > >>

JohnInHK:
Hello, joining from Hong Kong. Long time fan and viewer of EEVBlog enjoying Dave's unique style and electronics knowledge. Started electronics as a hobby in late 1960's, then became electronics engineer, designing lot's of products in Australia, then joined Motorola Semiconductor (became Freescale Semiconductor now part of NXP) for 20 years, mostly in Hong Kong. Covered many areas and topics globally, mostly management. Then consumer electronics, startup, EMS with China, HK and Oz companies, intellectual property, legal, contract management... and still LOVE electronics... Never stop learning and so much to keep up to date with.

WeiZhao:
Hi, Guys.
My name is Wei, from Shanghai China. Working as a electronic engineer for more than 15 years. 8)
My development area is SMPS especially for lighting.

Actually this forum is quite famous in China. As working so many years in power supply development, I really want to discuss and learn from others globally.

Really appreciated to be a member of this big family. Hope we can make good friends.

Thanks a lot. :)

SunRiver:
Welcome
I am called SunRiver and I am from Poland.

On a daily basis, I deal with electronics service and programming of embedded devices and IoT ..
Some may know me from other forums ...

Ardym:
Hello EEVBlog forum members,

My name is Ravi and I am an Electronics Engineer working for an electronics startup in New Zealand. I'm actually here to seek help with my faulty BM235 multimeter that I purchased from EEVBlog and haven't been able to get any support for through the official email channels. I wasn't quite sure where to go here to seek help, so figured I'd start here.

Is anyone able to either help me get support from Dave or perhaps send me in the right direction to debug the issues? The multimeter is regularly misreading voltage/resistance/continuity and it seems to at least partially be related to the front selector switch holding the correct stable state.

I've attached an image showing one of the behaviours I regularly see.

Edit: Resolved. Thanks everyone for your help!  :)

Thanks for your time and any help is really appreciated. I often work with 400V appliances and am particularly concerned that the multimeter may misread a live wire, potentially leading to injury.

tautech:
Send a PM to EEVBLOG with your email to tie in with the Report to Moderator 'FYI Dave' I've just done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version