Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1442728 times)

Offline shaohu.tang

• Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2850 on: August 21, 2021, 03:00:24 am »
You are very sincere!!!

Offline MazeFrame

• Contributor
  • = != ==
« Reply #2851 on: August 25, 2021, 07:42:46 am »
Hello from Germany!
I am working in IT-Administration as a trainee (or is apprenticeship the word?) position. Studied computer science (called "Informatics" here) before, then was dropped out due to my math skills not being up to the job.

Picked up electronics tinkering as a hobby back in school, has since evolved into kind of knowing what I am doing.
I have some experience in setting up studio and PA gear, which combines nicely with electronics in my current project of building a headphone amplifier. No noteworthy breakthroughs there (yet)  :-BROKE
Never Forgive, Always Forget.
Perpetually Angry and Confused!

Offline mloo55

« Reply #2852 on: August 26, 2021, 07:25:41 pm »
hi everybody
My name is Marco, from Lima- Peru, South America, I am an electronic engineer, worked in maintenance aviation, electronics/eletrical repair as long as 40 years. regards for everybody and hope to share information.
thanks
Marco

Offline MIKE32096

• JaxCoder
« Reply #2853 on: September 03, 2021, 01:01:57 pm »
Hello from White Spring, FL my name is Mike

A retired computer programmer with a passion for;  Embedded design, Electronics (know enough to dangerous) and Photography.
Also an avid reader, about an even mix of fiction and non-fiction.
PartsBin Electronic Component Organizer

Offline RetroTechBytes

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #2854 on: September 03, 2021, 01:57:41 pm »
Hello all from Florida!

My name is Will. I'm currently attending university for my second Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering.

I'm *hopefully* an almost-lawyer (just took the bar), and *hopefully* a soon-to-be Patent Lawyer.

I have a passion for vintage computers and electronics restoration, and I run a YouTube channel on the side, exploring my passions and sharing my love for retrocomputing with all who are interested. I'm also interested in analog photography, although my skills are lacking, I'd love to learn. I play trumpet on the side, and have always enjoyed jazz. I'm also a voracious reader (when I have the time), and would love any recommendations; I'm big on sci-fi, but also enjoy non-fiction and history (which was actually my first degree).

I look forward to learning from you all!

Offline charlie.n255

« Reply #2855 on: September 25, 2021, 05:54:38 am »
Hi I am Charlie,
I currently work for an IoT company based in NZ. I am starting to do more home projects and am looking forward to learning more about electronics.

Offline rarubioc

« Reply #2856 on: October 16, 2021, 04:44:30 pm »
Hello, rarubioc here.
Electronics engineer from mexico that got sucked into medical equipment. I travel the country repairing tomography and ultrasound machines.
Currently looking into embedded sofware for a possible carreer change, I have a dev. kit from freescale for 8 bit microcontrollers and experience from my bachelor's degree, I hope to start working on personal projects and eventually apply to some company where embedded systems are developed.

Offline JimM

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2857 on: November 12, 2021, 07:56:49 pm »
Hello, Jim here. I'm a retired Electrical Engineer from Southern California US. In my former life I designed SATCOM modems for the military. Now I mostly hang out in the Thermal Imaging forum.

Offline Chernobyl

• Contributor
« Reply #2858 on: November 18, 2021, 04:55:39 am »
Hello from Canada. Electronics hobbyist for all my life and I'm an electrical engineer in my day job. Slowly building up a collection of test gear - because...hey, I deserve it!

Offline Neepa

• Regular Contributor
  • Mechanic by trade Electronics enthusiast by choice
« Reply #2859 on: November 20, 2021, 12:58:57 pm »
Hello there,

an apprentice turbojet mechanic by trade dabbling in electronics as a hobby; mostly audio related. Have already swapped couple hundred components out of old amplifiers and did some basic reapairs myself.

First completely self designed work were a pair of non regulated 12V DC supplies as a secondary supply for amplifier relays.

Couldn't withstand spending the money to get to the cheapest high accuracy frequency source by pairing a Siglent SDG2042X with a LeoBodnar Mini GPSDO. Which might already count as TimeNuttery.
Turbojet Mechanic playing EE.

Offline electronics_rookie

« Reply #2860 on: November 28, 2021, 01:25:21 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm Kate, second year electrical engineering student and I decided to commit to learning more about applicable stuff. I've decided to go this route of interacting with people who know much more than me and are hopefully willing to deal with my lack of knowledge.

This also helps me practice my English as I don't use it often

Offline Xandinator

• Contributor
« Reply #2861 on: December 13, 2021, 04:41:51 pm »
Hi everybody,
Alex from Austria happily joins the community, following the YouTube channel since the early days and regularly annoyed by the captcha when searching without login - hence highly motivated to contribute :D

Offline hw

« Reply #2862 on: February 03, 2022, 03:44:55 am »
Hi,

Used to do some protocol and firmware reverse engineering but mostly doing software stuff these days.
The Work-from-Home situation has gotten me to buying a few pieces of equipment for use at home and that's how I ended here.

Offline AverageJoe

« Reply #2863 on: February 03, 2022, 06:17:20 pm »
Hi I'm Joe,

I started as a hobbyist many years back when the C64 and CB radio were alle the rage in Germany, today I work as AV systems technican and software developer (AV as in audio/video). Followed EEVBlog for some years and now finally signed up :-)

Offline jensenr30

« Reply #2864 on: February 07, 2022, 10:21:29 pm »
Hi All,

I'm an electronics enthusiast, electrical engineer, analog electronics & audio synth geek.
Nice to be here with other electrically minded people.

Ryan J

Offline barkevko

« Reply #2865 on: March 30, 2022, 09:11:05 am »
Hi, I'm Kevin,
Been an electronics hobbyist for many years with an accompanying interest in Amateur.  Found this site some time ago when researching a new DSO and decided I should finally introduce myself. 

Offline Fatih Aydogan

« Reply #2866 on: March 30, 2022, 01:55:41 pm »
Hi, I am Fatih,
I'm a second year civil engineering student and live in Europe side of Istanbul. I signed up for this site because of my engineering background and interest in electronics.
Good day to everyone reading this post.
I'm not sure what i do here.

Offline Zyeborm

« Reply #2867 on: April 17, 2022, 02:06:17 pm »
Howdy all,
I've been leaching off the store of knowledge in here for a while. Going to attempt to give something back. Thanks everybody 😊

Offline jasonRF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2868 on: April 28, 2022, 12:40:03 pm »
Greetings from New England in the US

I am a casual electronics hobbyist mostly interested in analog audio these days.  For my day job I am an electrical engineer, but not the kind that does electronics.   As a young man I picked EE because I was interested in applied electromagnetics, not electronics, so learned as little about traditional analog/digital electronics as possible.  I'm having fun learning material I either forgot or never learned in the first place. 

Jason 

Offline nhzx0110wxd

« Reply #2869 on: April 28, 2022, 02:37:24 pm »
HI, everyone,

newbie report, now engaged in instrumentation maintenance。

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2870 on: May 08, 2022, 09:02:30 am »
Hello there!
   I'm Rick-Jack, (already been active a while here).  Played guitar, which got me started with (Fender Instruments) TUBE AMPs circuits.
   I didn't know what to think, watching 'The Transistor' gain acceptance, in 1960's.  These days I'm learning to study 'creativity'...that's an elusive talent often discounted!

Offline Lucien Nunes

« Reply #2871 on: May 09, 2022, 05:53:44 pm »
Hi I'm Lucien, London-based electronic engineer building bespoke equipment for the film industry and also at the moment running a mechanical precision engineering shop. Formerly installer of theatre lighting and live sound production engineer.

Collector of all sorts of vintage gear, I have a warehouse full of everything from power-station switchgear to 8-bit micros to London's previous TV transmitter to you-name-it. Now turning into a museum you can visit. More about that later.
Three anodes good, six anodes better.

Offline AndyBeez

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2872 on: May 14, 2022, 08:17:05 pm »
Greetings Dave and everyone else here.

My name is Andrew. I'm a coder, hardware hacker and a 100% science-tech geek.

Have a nice day 8)

Offline benishor

• Contributor
« Reply #2873 on: May 19, 2022, 07:24:28 am »
Hello from beautiful Romania! I'm a programmer, electronics hobbyist, radio amateur and lame guitar player.

All the best,
Adrian

Offline ThomasL

« Reply #2874 on: May 27, 2022, 11:35:58 am »
Hello,

Thomas here, just subscribed to share my work on libsigrok.
I studied electronics in high school 15 years ago and kind of gave it up since, being into computer stuff as a Linux systems engineer.
Recently I fell the need to get back to resistors and capacitors and soldering and metering and stuff like that, I don't even know why.

I'm working on getting a little PAL composite signal to XYZ-mode signal for my Tek scope, so I can display my Apple 2 video on it. ;D

See you around here,
-Thomas

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf