Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1430272 times)

Offline mttee2Topic starter

• Contributor
New Member, Please introduce yourself
« on: October 14, 2009, 11:29:18 pm »
Typical forum always has a tread on introducing members.  ;D ;D

Hello from Malaysia. I am currently studying in Sunway Monash University Campus in Electrical & Computing System Engineering (2nd year). I got a bit bored by the typical theoretical lecture and wanted to buy some lab instrument for the practical side. I recently bought PICkit 3, fluke 289/FVF, LCR meter TH2821, some soldering tools and breadboards. I am currently building my own linear power supply for my micro-controller and looking forward to start learning micro-controller myself.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Icemncmth, gorge441

Offline desolatordan

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:29:21 am »
I'm Dan, and currently a student at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI. Studying electrical engineering and have interest in DIY lab equipment. I also have an interest in space-related projects such as balloons and satellites.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:33:42 pm by desolatordan »

mesoiam

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »
Hello, I'm John, a previous student of electrical and electronic engineering at Newcastle University in England, but I'm from Ireland originally. Currently involved in theatre technical work but I still do a bit of Electronics on the side.

Offline jimmc

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:47:49 pm »
Hello, I'm Jim, a semi retired Electronics Design Engineer after 40+ years in the business.
Located in Southern England.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 02:04:14 pm »
Hi all I'm Simon from "sunny England" I stumbled on the blog when reading up about my new Rigol DS1052E scope and I'm ready to have a good old chat with some people about it.

I work as a quality inspector for a company that makes radiators and air conditioning for vehicles so unfortunately not electronic related really, but I'm gradually tooling up at home and getting into microcontrollers

gumfish

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »
Hi all,

I'm a senior Electronics Engineer working in instrumentation, in and from England, enjoying the blog  :)

Offline kc1980

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:27:04 am »
Hi, I'm an Electrical Components, Materials and Processes engineer at a large US aerospace corporation.  I've been out of school for about 4-5 years now and feel a bit disconnected with my job.  I don't get much exposure to design work at the ol' 9-to-5, so I try to keep myself busy with EE/CS design stuff at home; I really need a good mentor and access to real equipment!  Argghhh....shiver me timbers!  :)

Offline qno

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:03:09 pm »
I am an Electrical and Embedded software engineer from The Netherlands with some time on my hands.
I have worked in the Medical, Consumer and Aerospace industries.
Why spend money I don't have on things I don't need to impress people I don't like?

Offline charliex

• Frequent Contributor
  • Car Hacker
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 08:01:18 pm »
charlie, scotlander, living in las vegas, usa, hardware/software hacker who mainly hacks car ecu's to make em go faster and do stuff they were never supposed too.

The following users thanked this post: HumbleDeer

Offline Fernando

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 08:11:17 am »
I'm Fernando, EE student in Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (www.ing.puc.cl), most of my knowledge of electronics come from internet research since my faculty is more interested in pushing bureaucrats out instead of tech guys.
So I have found a really interesting space in Dave's videoblog.

mngiggle

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 05:50:01 pm »
I'm Steve, a BSEE with 10 yrs of experience, graduated from the University of Minnesota in '99.   I work at an embedded and wireless design services firm (engineering consulting would be the non-buzzword description), and I've been wishing I could have seen Dave's video blog back in the last couple years of college (or the first few of employment).  It's still great to pick up on a few things that I either didn't know or forgot, and his vlog makes for outstanding watching while I'm on the treadmill at home.

Offline Dago

• Frequent Contributor
    • Electronics blog about whatever I happen to build!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 03:08:54 pm »
Hello, my name is Kalle and I'm an EE student from Finland with quite a lot of electronics experience prior to starting university. I'm generally interested in all things electronic (including computer stuff, programming etc.). Done some stuff with microcontrollers etc. and I've been especially interested in high voltage/current stuff (but not limited to) which includes tesla coils, other kind of high voltage supplies and induction heaters etc. I'm a pretty typical engineer-kind-of-guy who has lot of project ideas and designs but rarely gets anything finished, I just tend to lose my interest in project after some time (I've noticed this is very common in engineerish -type people). Currently I've been redesigning my induction heater:

Here is my website: http://www.dgkelectronics.com/ (haven't bothered to add that much stuff there yet) but you can find all kinds of pictures and stuff of my projects in: http://www.dgkelectronics.com/storage/electronics/

Now excuse me but I have to go and study for tomorrows circuit analysis exam... :-X
Come and check my projects at http://www.dgkelectronics.com ! I also tweet as https://twitter.com/DGKelectronics

Offline Ferroto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 03:37:06 pm »
I'm Shawn from Canada and just a week ago I bought a pickit2 and I've been playing around with it for about a week now. Then the other day I came across this blog when I saw Dave destroy the pickit3 in that review I was glad I bought the pickit2. This is also my first time pursuing electronics as a hobby, but I do have alot of experience with computers and I've been reading data sheets religiously for months now :D, Most of my knowledge and interest comes from looking up part #'s for various IC's on google and trying to figure out how a certain device works. ???

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 06:24:37 pm »
hello everyone, i'm what is probably best described as a novice electronics tinkerer, usually using PIC microcontrollers. located in the uk near manchester.

love the blogs & videos ;D

Offline flolic

• Frequent Contributor
    • http://filiplolic.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 07:36:34 pm »
Hi all, my name is Filip and I am from Croatia. No formal education in electric/electronics (I am machinist) but electronics is my hobby from early days...

TrentO

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 06:44:30 am »
*** This placeholder is here to GUILT the Microchip folks, who are undoubtedly scanning every word here, into at least leaving a 'howdy-do' comment ***

Example:

"Hi I'm Trent. I'm a non-EE amateur electronics guy that decided to get back into Microcontrollers after a sixteen year hiatus from screwing around with 8051-BASIC's in '93. I'm an Aries, like long moon-lit walks along the components sections of Fry's Electronics, and relaxing by the pool with my Digi-Key catalog...."

Offline XynxNet

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:33 pm »
Hello, I am a physics and math student from Germany. Electronics is one of my hobbies. I actually stumbled over Daves blog, because of his favorite topic 'cheap chinese multimeters'. At the time I was working for my physics institut and constantly had to repair a bunch of them, which where used and regulary blown in students experiments. It is quite a shame that such crap is used without a critical thought, especially if you have top quality analog multimeters available.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:01:00 pm by XynxNet »

The following users thanked this post: radiorich

Offline Veramacor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 03:33:23 am »
Hail from Michigan,

Name is Jeff and my background is an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering.  Only cursory training in electronics, but the internet and the EEVblog are my instructors.

Weather is starting to get cold around here, so electronics will be high on the list of indoor activities!

The following users thanked this post: radiorich, Pizzalover

Offline Aluminio

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 08:46:30 pm »
Hello all, I am Alvaro from Chile, EE as a proffession and hobby. I would like that Fernando, also from chile contacts me. Send me a message to aluminio@hotmail.com

Dave: congratulations for your blog.

m.levin

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 07:12:45 pm »
Hello My name is Martin 28, well almost and I live in England UK.

I have an interest in Electronics, hence my joining of this forum, but I very keen interest in Model railways and the Electronic side of the hobby.

Offline danny

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:03 am »
Hi! I am Danny from U.S.A.
Consumer electronics field and Home Automation  :)

rmorenojr

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 04:17:24 am »
Greetings,

My name is Rick.  I'm from Colorado, USA.  I'm an Electrical Engineer (power) and an amateur electronics enthusiast.  Right now I'm thinking of modifying a few things on my motorcycle.

Offline Macka

• Contributor
    • Andrew Craig Mackenzie
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 08:38:24 am »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrew, I am currently studying for a Bachelor of Electrical and Mechatronic Engineering at UniSA in Adelaide. I am in year 1.5 (due to me doing electronics as a year 12 subject, my TER was dramatically decreased from what it should have been - electronics is the most heavily scaled subject in the year 12 curriculum - so I had to do 4 intro subjects along with my first year subjects.

I have always had an interest in electronics (since kindergarten), but until recently, I have understood very little of it, obviously with uni I am learning a fair bit more then I already knew.

I have only known about this site for a few days and I can't wait for exams to be over so I have the time to watch all of the videos.

Offline mightyohm

• Contributor
  • Join the Resistance.
    • mightyohm.com
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 06:33:12 am »
Hello everyone!

I'm Jeff, electrical engineer, RF/analog/embedded designer, and proprietor of mightyohm.com.   :)

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 06:36:24 pm »
Hi everyone!

Some people may know me from other forums I post at.

The following users thanked this post: LAZARINI, radiorich

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf